Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

Gizmo GZ1 -

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

That's a great setup trez83 , it works really well at rugracers yesterday.
I had some problems with the st38 on the driveshafts but the car was fast and very predictable.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the advice Christian. People that run the alloy chassis , is it much stiffer than the carbon one.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwvrt
Thanks for the advice Christian. People that run the alloy chassis , is it much stiffer than the carbon one.
I run the alloy chassis, VWVRT. I find it to be a bit more flexible, actually, but Cristian can give you the definitive answer.

Glad you liked the set up. I am still experimenting. I will make a set up sheet and post it on the Gizmo site.

It's tough to nail down a "perfect" set up because everyone drives differently. Mine is more drive deep into a corner, tap brakes (if needed) and bury the throttle on exit. It kinda has to be that way because I race on a 48x80 track. If you alter it in any way, please share. I'm using my club races to tune for some up coming BIG races, including ROAR Indoor Carpet Nationals and I want to stun the USGT World!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is quite a bit stiffer than the carbon, much like on any other car. People always point to the stiffness as the difference in performance, but I think the performance advantage is the lower CG the car will gain.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
It is quite a bit stiffer than the carbon, much like on any other car. People always point to the stiffness as the difference in performance, but I think the performance advantage is the lower CG the car will gain.
And you need to add less weights to make the car legal - at least in USGT (1380g). All I needed was the small brass motor weight to be 1380 - I'm actually 1382 with body and 50/50 weight all around.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trez83 do you run the 1mm under the lower pivot block because the ALU chassis is thinner ?
On petit RC most of the setups are with zero shims. I've been running 0.5, have you or Christian tried 0mm
Old 01-20-2017, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trez83 do you run the 1mm under the lower pivot block because the ALU chassis is thinner ?
On petit RC most of the setups are with zero shims. I've been running 0.5, have you or Christian tried 0mm
I run them to slow the roll of the chassis a bit. It fits my driving style better. I tend to make the turn at the last minute, staying on throttle as long as possible, but barely using the brakes. I felt like the car was too twitchy with no shims, especially the rear. It felt like it hopping around and didn't want to stay planted.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

I think most of the set ups with 0 mm are an evolution of one of my black carpet set ups. I did this because I was trying to get rid of a traction rolling problem at a particular race. I was just trying to increase the car's ability to roll into the track rather than over. I ended up trying this on low and medium bite and it worked nicely, but I think in spec classes it may cost a little bit of corner speed. I think asphalt is probably gonna be best around 1mm under. Carpet is gonna be a matter of grip. The higher the grip the lower you want the arms.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Ok , cheers
Old 02-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Gizmo GZ1 2017

The all new GZ1 2017 is ready to go! In stock and shipping at www.GizmoRacingusa.com

GIZMO RACING CARS GZ1 2017

The Gizmo GZ1 2017 is here and it has been refined to an all new level. The new car is more adjustable, more durable and easier to drive. The GZ1 2017 still features our specially patented designed drive-train system, which makes is possible to have a 100% centered drivetrain, not seen before in any high end touring car.

GZ1 2017 Carbon Fiber Chassis
CHASSIS and SIDE RAILS

The 2017 version of the car is cut out of premium 2.0mm quasi isotropic Carbon Fiber. The new 2017 version chassis has a new shape that is narrower at the sides and especially at the droop screw locations, which allows for a more natural roll characteristic with less chassis drag.

GZ10 2017 Side Rail
Also new are our patented one-piece vertically mounted top decks for increased stiffness. These new pieces now integrate the option to run 2 more posts in between the 2 vertical rails to adjust the car’s overall stiffness and change the flex points.

GZ1 2017 Outdrives
DRIVE-TRAIN

Carrying over from the original GZ1, the 2017 version is still built around our highly efficient double spur gear, belt and pulley driven system that allows for maximum acceleration and insignificant power loss. The front end spool and the rear end gear diff are fitted with 35-tooth pulleys, which are combined with an 18-tooth center pulley for an optimized internal gear ratio. New extra low friction belts, ultra light double joint front universals and rear CVD universals are driven by newly revised high grade alloy out drives that are 1.5mm wider for better drive shaft plunge while still maintaining tremendously low rotational weight.

GZ1 2017 Front End
SUSPENSION

For the 20017 model we have updated the upper arms for more durability and less weight. The Gizmo GZ1 is still fitted with a fully adjustable suspension system; it allows for adjustment of: caster, active-caster, camber, roll center, droop, dive, anti-squat, front toe-in/out, rear toe, linear and active (ARS Type). For minimal un-sprung weight, the Gizmo GZ1 comes equipped standard with carbon fiber lower wishbones. For ease of use and lower parts count the front and rear end wishbones are symmetrical. Additionally, front and rear end anti-roll bars are symmetrical in design and mounted with bearings into the one-piece top deck. The kit comes standard with 3 different thicknesses of anti-roll bars and 3 pairs of shock springs, allowing the driver to easily optimize the handling feel for his or her driving style.

GZ1 2017 Steering System
INTEGRATED STEERING RACK STOP

New on the 2017 version is our integrated steering rack stop. When used in combination with our V2 upper arms (which have integrated steering stops), the steering rack has been made much more reliable, in order to take advantage of the feel and performance of the linear rack much better.

GZ1 2017 Front Bumper
NEW WIDE FRONT BUMPER

A new wider, light weight front bumper is now included with the GZ1. This bumper protects the front end of your car and bodies better, while maintaining light weight for maximum steering response.

LIST OF FEATURES

NEW 2.0mm quasi isotropic woven carbon fiber main chassis
NEW 3mm one-piece vertically mounted top deck
NEW Fully Adjustable, lighter weight V2 Upper arm system with different upper link length options.
NEW Wider Alloy out drives
NEW High efficiency reinforced kevlar drive belts for high efficiency
All aluminum parts are made from 7075 high grade spec for maximum performance
Patented mid motor for 100% center drive train
Gear diff with 35-tooth pulley
Spool with 35-tooth pulley
Front double joint universals
Rear CVD universals
Woven carbon fiber shock towers with multiple mounting positions
Centralized low weight for optimal performance
Woven carbon fiber floating and alloy servo mounts
Adjustable Ackermann integrated into steering rack
Symmetrical woven carbon fiber wishbones
Narrow front and rear end hex for minimal unsprung weight
Woven carbon fiber steering arms
Treaded aluminum coilover shocks
Old 02-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Who in Europe (or Germany) is selling that GZ1 2017?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, we don't. However contact us at [email protected] and I will make sure that I take care of you. We have some nice deals for European customers to help with importation since we moved operations over to the USA. We have lowered the price on kits in the USA by 10% and intend on keeping the price close to the same to European/ foreign buyers that they could before the move.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Cristian,

When will the plastic parts for the V2 upper arms be available?

Thank you,

Patrick
Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

I'll try to get them up tonight.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

The 2017 version looks great Cristian! I know it's going to be force to reckon with at the track. Thank you for all your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.