R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2016, 06:01 AM   #46
Tech Adept
 
blackshark3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 132
Default

From the picture it looks like they are using a few parts from Awesomatix, so if the production car still is using Awesomatix parts its not 100% made in Denmark then
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #47
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Hi Guys. Sorry for not responding the past weeks. We had a lot of work with ETS and all other stuff.

Thank you for all the questions. We will try to publish more information about the car at our website gizmoracing.com very soon.
At our facebook page gizmoracing you will find more pictures and information. There is also a short presentation about the car from ETS round 2.

To sum up some of your questions.
The gear mesh is adjusted by moving the motor up and down. One spur gears fits for 3 pinions. For the pro driver who always want to have the motor as low as possible the he will change the gearing by for example plus one teeth on the spur and minus one teeth on the pinions.

About price level we are aiming on the same price as a fully optioned Xray. So that would be around appox 675 . Our car come with all the options there are needed to do proper racing. I made a small list of what will be included in a Gizmo GZ1:
- Miniature ball bearings as blade system.
- Fully aluminium steering mount and rack
- Carbon and Aluminium suspension arms
- High quality drive shaft. Double joints in front and single joint in rear
- High quality carbon, (German Quality). 2,15mm carbon chassis almost the same hardness as a aluminium chassis.
- carbon Steering arms.
- Aluminium uprights.
- Outdrives of high quality steel. Already lightned for minium rotation weight. No option needed.

This is just a short list. There will be a full presentation soon.

In fact we have tried to produce a car kit where no options is needed!!!

Best Regards

Martin Lissau
Martin Lissau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #48
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,751
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

sounds good. giving us all the options in the kit makes life much easier.

has there been any testing on asphalt?
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #49
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
sounds good. giving us all the options in the kit makes life much easier.

has there been any testing on asphalt?
Yes. The very first production prototype drove already last year on asphalt. We also attended last run of ETS at hudy arena.
In modified is was no problem to run the shorty packs as this very big track. The car was very well balanced. It was in top 10 in Modifeid in one of the last qualifycations. :-)
Martin Lissau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Lissau View Post
About price level we are aiming on the same price as a fully optioned Xray. So that would be around appox 675 .
Oh well, it was nice to dream for a while. I had been worried with the whole Euro thing it might be out of my reach but I didn't think it would be THAT far out of my reach - over $A1000 before I add freight or anything
__________________
I am quite content with doing what I do

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #51
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Boulder City
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Lissau View Post
Hi Guys. Sorry for not responding the past weeks. We had a lot of work with ETS and all other stuff.

Thank you for all the questions. We will try to publish more information about the car at our website gizmoracing.com very soon.
At our facebook page gizmoracing you will find more pictures and information. There is also a short presentation about the car from ETS round 2.

To sum up some of your questions.
The gear mesh is adjusted by moving the motor up and down. One spur gears fits for 3 pinions. For the pro driver who always want to have the motor as low as possible the he will change the gearing by for example plus one teeth on the spur and minus one teeth on the pinions.

About price level we are aiming on the same price as a fully optioned Xray. So that would be around appox 675 . Our car come with all the options there are needed to do proper racing. I made a small list of what will be included in a Gizmo GZ1:
- Miniature ball bearings as blade system.
- Fully aluminium steering mount and rack
- Carbon and Aluminium suspension arms
- High quality drive shaft. Double joints in front and single joint in rear
- High quality carbon, (German Quality). 2,15mm carbon chassis almost the same hardness as a aluminium chassis.
- carbon Steering arms.
- Aluminium uprights.
- Outdrives of high quality steel. Already lightned for minium rotation weight. No option needed.

This is just a short list. There will be a full presentation soon.

In fact we have tried to produce a car kit where no options is needed!!!

Best Regards

Martin Lissau

Martin,

Has there been any consideration to having a basic kit avalible?

Patrick
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #52
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCELL View Post
Martin,

Has there been any consideration to having a basic kit avalible?

Patrick
Hi Patrick.
What do you mean on a basic kit?
Martin Lissau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #53
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAu View Post
Oh well, it was nice to dream for a while. I had been worried with the whole Euro thing it might be out of my reach but I didn't think it would be THAT far out of my reach - over $A1000 before I add freight or anything
Well not quite sure how the Australian dollar is going :-)..
Martin Lissau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #54
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Boulder City
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Lissau View Post
Hi Patrick.
What do you mean on a basic kit?
One without all the extra parts and allows the racer to upgrade a little at a time.

Patrick
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #55
Tech Regular
 
Schwarta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 425
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Lissau View Post
Well not quite sure how the Australian dollar is going :-)..
Shit for a while.
Schwarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #56
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Lissau View Post
Well not quite sure how the Australian dollar is going :-)..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarta View Post
Shit for a while.
Against the Euro its always been rubbish - Personally never seen it above 0.7 Euro
__________________
I am quite content with doing what I do

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:45 AM   #57
Tech Regular
 
daveaustin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2016/04/gizmo-g...h-touring-car/
daveaustin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:28 AM   #58
Tech Master
 
BardSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Michael, MN
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 61 (98%+)
Default

Where can I buy one of these Gizmos?
__________________
"Bard"

On-Road Only!
BardSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #59
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 32
Default

Is the double spur gear/motor mount concept suitable for wide range of gearing ratios? In 21.5 / blinky class (our national stock class) you need to go as low as 3.3:1 ratio, where as in modified the ratio range is wide from 5.5:1 all the way to 10:1 when using very low-turn motor. Can you cover all of these needs with this car? What spur sizes do you offer and what is included in the kit?

Do you have full range of springs, sway bars etc available? Or will springs/swaybars from yokomo/xray fit?
micsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #60
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,431
Default

Looks like it can be done. Just trial and error. Gotta find the right spur pinion combo to hit your ratio. You just need to know the radius of the current spur and pinion and add that together. Then find a combo that equals that to match your desired final drive ratio.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net