R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree169Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #2221
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 180
Default Bumper

I notice reflex isn't stocking their wide bumper anymore; are most people not bothering anymore or is their a good replacement for the stock bumper?
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #2222
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 871
Default

If your looking for a hard bumper the Xray low profile bumper is a direct fit. That's what I use.
__________________
Rob Say
Action Hobbies Kingsville
"In racing you never really lose. You either win, or learn."
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #2223
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinew View Post
I notice reflex isn't stocking their wide bumper anymore; are most people not bothering anymore or is their a good replacement for the stock bumper?
It's back in stock now.
micrors4guy and Edwin Pibal like this.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #2224
Tech Initiate
 
Unspoiled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Not sure why that came innupsode down, posted from my phone. Sorry
Giving away our secrets one pic at a time...
__________________
AJ Lorello - Gilbert, AZ
Mugen, Trinity, Fenix, MKS, ActivRC, Hobbywing, Airtronics, Losi, Orion
Unspoiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #2225
Tech Initiate
 
Unspoiled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Have you noticed much difference with the ARS? I remember back with the TC6.1 a friend of mine tried ARS and said there was no difference.
Glenn... If its set up correctly it should be a noticeable difference!
glennhl likes this.
__________________
AJ Lorello - Gilbert, AZ
Mugen, Trinity, Fenix, MKS, ActivRC, Hobbywing, Airtronics, Losi, Orion
Unspoiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #2226
ASM
Tech Master
 
ASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,468
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinew View Post
I notice reflex isn't stocking their wide bumper anymore; are most people not bothering anymore or is their a good replacement for the stock bumper?
Purchased one not too long ago from Cristian and have been very satisfied with the piece!
__________________
Scott Meeks

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #2227
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Purchased one not too long ago from Cristian and have been very satisfied with the piece!
Thanks Scott. This is definitely one of our best sellers. Sometimes they go out of stock, but since the carbon is mostly cut in house, it's just a matter of cutting a small batch once again.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #2228
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Thanks Scott. This is definitely one of our best sellers. Sometimes they go out of stock, but since the carbon is mostly cut in house, it's just a matter of cutting a small batch once again.
Bought 2 of them; thanx for the heads up Christian
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #2229
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Thanks to you too. I appreciate the support!
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #2230
Tech Adept
 
pyro854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
__________________
RJ Whiteside
pyro854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #2231
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro854 View Post
Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
Not cheap to convert, most people sell their TC7's and buy a new or used TC7.1. You listed all the items you need. You need the lower shock towers, front and rear (31741 & 31742)($36) and new bearing caps front and rear (31743 & 31744) ($70). Then the big ticket item, a set of new short shocks from Associated (TWO 31760) ($160). It will put you back something like $266 for all the parts retail. If you shop, you should be able to find everything for around $170 (Power Hobby). When I converted mine, I substituted the short shocks from Yokomo and saved some money, but the main reason I did that was the Associated short shocks were out of stock everywhere for quite a while.

The other things you need to be equal to a 7.1 are the front steel outdrives and dual cardon joint front axles. But truthfully even a TC7 needs these mods and most TC7's have them if you buy the 7 used. Good luck.
glennhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:27 PM   #2232
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro854 View Post
Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Not cheap to convert, most people sell their TC7's and buy a new or used TC7.1. You listed all the items you need. You need the lower shock towers, front and rear (31741 & 31742)($36) and new bearing caps front and rear (31743 & 31744) ($70). Then the big ticket item, a set of new short shocks from Associated (TWO 31760) ($160). It will put you back something like $266 for all the parts retail. If you shop, you should be able to find everything for around $170 (Power Hobby). When I converted mine, I substituted the short shocks from Yokomo and saved some money, but the main reason I did that was the Associated short shocks were out of stock everywhere for quite a while.

The other things you need to be equal to a 7.1 are the front steel outdrives and dual cardon joint front axles. But truthfully even a TC7 needs these mods and most TC7's have them if you buy the 7 used. Good luck.
Agreed. The only way upgrading makes any sense at all is if you already own a TC7. You can't buy a TC7 and convert it to a TC7.1 and save any money unless someone is pretty much GIVING you the TC7 and I'm not seeing that yet.

fwiw,

Scottrik
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #2233
Tech Elite
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,025
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

If he price was right like under $200 usd, just run the car as is. The lowered shocks prob wont be something you can really tell the difference as a returning racer.
If you wanted to upgrade, cristian makes towers that would prob fit the 7.0 upper clamps allowing you to run short shocks. You can also compare the exploded views of the two different shocks and peice budget conversion together. Yoj could prob get by with just the short bodies and shafts though. Maybe lower caps but i doubt it.
__________________
My stuff
| Team Associated - Reedy - Reflex Racing/RSD - ProAMPS RC |
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #2234
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,544
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro854 View Post
Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
hey young man, how have you been...cool I hope...

but if you have a TC7, depending on what class you coming into...if you are in VTA GT or 17.5...its fine...if beyond that, 7.1...also if you are running on carpet or asphalt....

I wouldnt to much worry with the upgrades, cause you will probably get a new kit soon anyway, and a 7.1 is the way to go
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #2235
Tech Master
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know the dimensions of the axle crush tubes? I'm wondering if they're the right size for a different chassis. Looking for something 2mm thick.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net