R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree169Likes

Old 07-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #2221
Tech Adept

Default Bumper

I notice reflex isn't stocking their wide bumper anymore; are most people not bothering anymore or is their a good replacement for the stock bumper?
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #2222
Tech Fanatic

If your looking for a hard bumper the Xray low profile bumper is a direct fit. That's what I use.
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #2223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinew View Post
I notice reflex isn't stocking their wide bumper anymore; are most people not bothering anymore or is their a good replacement for the stock bumper?
It's back in stock now.
micrors4guy and Edwin Pibal like this.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #2224
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Not sure why that came innupsode down, posted from my phone. Sorry
Giving away our secrets one pic at a time...
Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #2225
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Have you noticed much difference with the ARS? I remember back with the TC6.1 a friend of mine tried ARS and said there was no difference.
Glenn... If its set up correctly it should be a noticeable difference!
glennhl likes this.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #2226
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinew View Post
Purchased one not too long ago from Cristian and have been very satisfied with the piece!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #2227
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Purchased one not too long ago from Cristian and have been very satisfied with the piece!
Thanks Scott. This is definitely one of our best sellers. Sometimes they go out of stock, but since the carbon is mostly cut in house, it's just a matter of cutting a small batch once again.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #2228
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Thanks Scott. This is definitely one of our best sellers. Sometimes they go out of stock, but since the carbon is mostly cut in house, it's just a matter of cutting a small batch once again.
Bought 2 of them; thanx for the heads up Christian
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #2229
Tech Elite

Thanks to you too. I appreciate the support!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #2230
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #2231
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro854 View Post
Going to be picking up a TC7 soon to get back into racing. What parts would I have to buy to convert it to a 7.1 IF i ever decided to? I know the 7.1 has lower shock towers so that means towers/shocks/bearing caps would be needed but im not sure what else, if anything, there is.
Not cheap to convert, most people sell their TC7's and buy a new or used TC7.1. You listed all the items you need. You need the lower shock towers, front and rear (31741 & 31742)($36) and new bearing caps front and rear (31743 & 31744) ($70). Then the big ticket item, a set of new short shocks from Associated (TWO 31760) ($160). It will put you back something like $266 for all the parts retail. If you shop, you should be able to find everything for around $170 (Power Hobby). When I converted mine, I substituted the short shocks from Yokomo and saved some money, but the main reason I did that was the Associated short shocks were out of stock everywhere for quite a while.

The other things you need to be equal to a 7.1 are the front steel outdrives and dual cardon joint front axles. But truthfully even a TC7 needs these mods and most TC7's have them if you buy the 7 used. Good luck.
glennhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:27 PM   #2232
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Not cheap to convert, most people sell their TC7's and buy a new or used TC7.1. You listed all the items you need. You need the lower shock towers, front and rear (31741 & 31742)($36) and new bearing caps front and rear (31743 & 31744) ($70). Then the big ticket item, a set of new short shocks from Associated (TWO 31760) ($160). It will put you back something like $266 for all the parts retail. If you shop, you should be able to find everything for around $170 (Power Hobby). When I converted mine, I substituted the short shocks from Yokomo and saved some money, but the main reason I did that was the Associated short shocks were out of stock everywhere for quite a while.

The other things you need to be equal to a 7.1 are the front steel outdrives and dual cardon joint front axles. But truthfully even a TC7 needs these mods and most TC7's have them if you buy the 7 used. Good luck.
Agreed. The only way upgrading makes any sense at all is if you already own a TC7. You can't buy a TC7 and convert it to a TC7.1 and save any money unless someone is pretty much GIVING you the TC7 and I'm not seeing that yet.

fwiw,

Scottrik

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #2233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

If he price was right like under $200 usd, just run the car as is. The lowered shocks prob wont be something you can really tell the difference as a returning racer.
If you wanted to upgrade, cristian makes towers that would prob fit the 7.0 upper clamps allowing you to run short shocks. You can also compare the exploded views of the two different shocks and peice budget conversion together. Yoj could prob get by with just the short bodies and shafts though. Maybe lower caps but i doubt it.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #2234
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
hey young man, how have you been...cool I hope...

but if you have a TC7, depending on what class you coming into...if you are in VTA GT or 17.5...its fine...if beyond that, 7.1...also if you are running on carpet or asphalt....

I wouldnt to much worry with the upgrades, cause you will probably get a new kit soon anyway, and a 7.1 is the way to go
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #2235
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know the dimensions of the axle crush tubes? I'm wondering if they're the right size for a different chassis. Looking for something 2mm thick.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote