Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SGrubb
so u think iam letting off to the neutral. or am i using to much brake coming to a stop. o i had two tc7 i sold one this weekend got 300.00 for it now i have the money to make a 7.1 do i run small shock or the long one.
I would run the short shocks.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ob the gt setup wat shocks did u have long or short
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
I race a TC6.2 in VTA, a TC7 in 17.5, and a TC7.1 in 21.5 GT (GT body, any tire, 21.5 motor).

I modified my TC7 to be a TC7.1Y. Why the Y? Associated shocks are on back order so I got the Yokomo Short SLF2 Shocks. I used the short bearing caps along with the TC7.1 shock towers. Worked great today at the track. Turned just as good as my TC7.1. I ran 26 laps on this race track for the first time ever! I am very pleased.
I was wondering with the initial runs under your belt, how has the Yokomo compared to the Associated 7.1 Short shock set. Or have you run the cars since the first test.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SGrubb
so u think iam letting off to the neutral. or am i using to much brake coming to a stop. o i had two tc7 i sold one this weekend got 300.00 for it now i have the money to make a 7.1 do i run small shock or the long one.
Maybe. I would need to see you race but that is just one of the many things that can affect corner speed.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
I was wondering with the initial runs under your belt, how has the Yokomo compared to the Associated 7.1 Short shock set. Or have you run the cars since the first test.
I'd say the shocks were exactly the same. The TC7 would not turn in and corner as quickly as my TC7.1. Even though the TC7.1 was running a 21.5, I was always almost as quick as my TC7 with the 17.5. Now, with the TC7.1 bearing caps, TC7.1 short shock towers, and the Yokomo short shocks, the car is just as good as my TC7.1. They both corner exactly the same and now my 17.5 car is a good lap faster than the 21.5 car as it should be.
beyondthepack likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run on a small tight indoor medium grip (grey) carpet track and actually feel more comfortable with the 7 with long shocks over the 7.1 with short ones, but its not a night and day difference either. But I am almost tempted to put long shocks on my 7.1. Either way I'm loving both cars!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:19 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
3 deg rear toe in is all I would do.
Thanks.

One more quick question;

Would the fact that I am running a gear diff, front and rear, change your opinion?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

I have a 7.1 and thinking of trying out usgt, mainly because I am having a hard time getting a hold of the setup with a 17.5, and slowing it down would get me some time in getting a feel for the chassis.
What changes should I make?
Would I need a front gear diff? If so does anyone have the part number?
Old 03-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AMZ
Thanks.

One more quick question;

Would the fact that I am running a gear diff, front and rear, change your opinion?
No. But I would exchange the diff for a spool.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eazy70
I have a 7.1 and thinking of trying out usgt, mainly because I am having a hard time getting a hold of the setup with a 17.5, and slowing it down would get me some time in getting a feel for the chassis.
What changes should I make?
Would I need a front gear diff? If so does anyone have the part number?
I ran both 17.5 and USGT and I know exactly what you mean. Took me quite a while to learn how to drive the 17.5 car, the USGT was slower and easier to not overdrive. I ran the exact same setup on both cars.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

I ran both 17.5 and USGT and I know exactly what you mean. Took me quite a while to learn how to drive the 17.5 car, the USGT was slower and easier to not overdrive. I ran the exact same setup on both cars.

Ok great thanks
Old 03-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd say the shocks were exactly the same. The TC7 would not turn in and corner as quickly as my TC7.1. Even though the TC7.1 was running a 21.5, I was always almost as quick as my TC7 with the 17.5. Now, with the TC7.1 bearing caps, TC7.1 short shock towers, and the Yokomo short shocks, the car is just as good as my TC7.1. They both corner exactly the same and now my 17.5 car is a good lap faster than the 21.5 car as it should be.

That's good to hear. Big surprise they pushed them back again, now into March, and in all likelihood, maybe again.

I will give the Yokomo's a try. Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers
Old 03-03-2017, 06:33 PM
The Evicerator

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pass along a little trick for when using the new PSD sleeves and pistons!

I've found that sometimes it can be tricky to bleed all the air out of the shocks before closing them all up... there are a couple different methods that I've seen to help with this... but I figured I'd share my take on it:

Due to the piston not having any holes in it, and the close fit between the edge of the sleeve and the piston, I've found that air tends to have a hard time getting out from underneath the piston, even if you do use an air remover/shock pump.

To help any air that's trapped underneath the piston, what I do is turn the shock body (and thereby the sleeve inside) so that one of the openings in the sleeve opposite me.

I then push the piston up to the top of the shock body.

Next, I will tilt the shock towards me, tilting the opposite side of the shock towards the top. This effectively makes the underside of the piston into a ramp that will allow the air to move upwards. Also, because the slot in the sleeve should now be oriented higher up, this should give that air traveling up the underside of the piston an escape route to the oil above the piston.

While holding the shock body in this orientation, I SLOWLY pull down the piston AND turn the shaft and piston, potentially allowing any trapped air bubbles to more easily be knocked free and allowed up towards the slot in the sleeve and out above the piston.

I repeat this process a few times until I'm satisfied that the air has been evacuated from underneath the piston.

NOTE: Another variation that I've seen when trying to build up air free PSD shocks is to actually remove the sleeve, fill the shock, and do your "normal" air removal procedure, then slide the sleeve back into the body. This is pretty effective as well, but I don't tend to like it for a number of reasons: 1.) Oily sleeve gets shock oil everywhere 2.) Slight chance of introducing fresh air bubbles back into the shock if they cling to the material of the sleeve while it's being 3.) The material for the sleeve is pretty thin and fragile, if you're not careful there's a chance you could ham fist it and slightly bend the sleeve while removing it or re-inserting it.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hello TC fans

I moved from 6.2 to 7.1 last week, it solved all my problem I had with 6.2. shock mounting, castor etc.

Super happy with this car. runs smooth, best TC shocks I ever felt. stay unbroken, after many bad crashes, the chassis also stay flat after all that banging. again super happy! Thank you very much to Rick, Bob and the entire Team AE.

I read through most of the tips and tricks but I don't think no one shared or mentioned the following mods I did.

1: Dremel front belt slot to clear any unwanted drag.

2: Quick shock change set up, put a flat head screw in it, bolted down with thin nut, put a lock nut to lock it. this way, you can save lots of valuable pit time during practices, also most of the parts stay intact during the changes.
I may change the flat head screws with long set screws to lose some high gravity weights. if I can find 4 that is.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car-belt_slot_front.jpg   Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car-quick_shock_change.jpg   Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car-over_top.jpg  
Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J Lee

Hello TC fans

I moved from 6.2 to 7.1 last week, it solved all my problem I had with 6.2. shock mounting, castor etc.

Super happy with this car. runs smooth, best TC shocks I ever felt. stay unbroken, after many bad crashes, the chassis also stay flat after all that banging. again super happy! Thank you very much to Rick, Bob and the entire Team AE.

I read through most of the tips and tricks but I don't think no one shared or mentioned the following mods I did.

1: Dremel front belt slot to clear any unwanted drag.

2: Quick shock change set up, put a flat head screw in it, bolted down with thin nut, put a lock nut to lock it. this way, you can save lots of valuable pit time during practices, also most of the parts stay intact during the changes.
I may change the flat head screws with long set screws to lose some high gravity weights. if I can find 4 that is.
Nice choice lee the weekend cant come fast enough your not doing nats this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.