Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Houmb
How is this car "VBC" compared to the Yoke BD7?
Parts is not an issue for either of the brands.
Will race on high bite asphalt.
the car is just as good as Yokomo,X-ray,Tamiya and all the other brands the are out.
most of the times is depends on the driver not the car
Old 01-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default usgt setup

Hello I am posting here cause this is the newest tread and I may get a quicker response. Looking for a good setup for a D06 usgt class 21.5 thank for any help.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee01
Hello I am posting here cause this is the newest tread and I may get a quicker response. Looking for a good setup for a D06 usgt class 21.5 thank for any help.
You might want to specify the type of track (carpet, asphalt), and if you would consider it low grip, high grip, medium. With that said you can try this link if you haven't looked at it already:
http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/vbc...ldFireD06.html
Old 01-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee01
Does anyone know about getting parts from VBC racing vs VBC racing USA. ? VBC USA out of stock on items I need thank for any info
I placed an order with vbc hk and it took little over 3 weeks to arrive
Old 01-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xps800doo
I placed an order with vbc hk and it took little over 3 weeks to arrive
Wow that's a long time. When I order from RcMart and it usually gets to the states in two weeks.

Last edited by tbrymer; 01-08-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have also had very good luck with VBC USA. Good outfit to deal with.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well thats me.
Wil also be active on this forum.

In order to provide better support on important races. We are proud to announce Mr. Bjorn De Witte will be our VBC support manager for Europe.
Bjorn will be happy to help all VBC racers during the races and he will also answer any questions during off track. We would like to thank you and welcome Bjorn to accept this important role for VBC Racing. This is what Bjorn has to say:
"I’d like to inform everybody that I’m happy to announce that I will be the VBC support manager for Europe.
My goal is to help every VBC driver in Europe on and off the track.
I will attend as many as possible race’s all over Europe and give support to all VBC drivers.
Together with our team drivers we will do our best to provide you with the best setup help possible.
You can contact me by adding me at your facebook at I will answer you ASAP.
We will also support important parts during races.
So please don’t hesitate to visit me or the team at big events.
Also if you like to be at the VBC Pit table at big events please let me know.
See you guy’s soon at the track!"
Old 01-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by whityboy
Well thats me.
Wil also be active on this forum.

In order to provide better support on important races. We are proud to announce Mr. Bjorn De Witte will be our VBC support manager for Europe.
Bjorn will be happy to help all VBC racers during the races and he will also answer any questions during off track. We would like to thank you and welcome Bjorn to accept this important role for VBC Racing. This is what Bjorn has to say:
"I’d like to inform everybody that I’m happy to announce that I will be the VBC support manager for Europe.
My goal is to help every VBC driver in Europe on and off the track.
I will attend as many as possible race’s all over Europe and give support to all VBC drivers.
Together with our team drivers we will do our best to provide you with the best setup help possible.
You can contact me by adding me at your facebook at I will answer you ASAP.
We will also support important parts during races.
So please don’t hesitate to visit me or the team at big events.
Also if you like to be at the VBC Pit table at big events please let me know.
See you guy’s soon at the track!"
Nice to know Björn
FB request is out

Greets
Old 01-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default First Run

Well back to the VBC fold with the new D08 this year.
Found the build straight forward and no surprises.

Taken a step down to stock 13.5 blinky this year due to the demise of Mod at my home take in Bayswater Perth.
The track here is a Bumpy low grip asphalt 1/8 scale.
So for the first run I used the kit set up but with some slight changes for the type of track it is
450 shock oil, 2-1 split on the front mounts, no outer screw on the split block, only the 2 center screws on the motor mount, low diff on the eccentrics and a BD Nardo body.

The car has a lot of steering and very easy to over rotate. Run one pack through and almost bettered my previous stock time from a few seasons ago when we were running 17.5 boosted. So straight out of the box the car was quick.

So for the first changes I need to take some steering out of the car, so one hole out on the front shock mount and evened out ground clearance.
Didn't get a chance to try the car out before the first qualifier but the changes where enough with some d/r reduction to have the car out front till I got tangled up with a lap car, found the car was still too pointy and not very forgiving of line. Gathered the car up and was still in second but again got tangled with a back marker and finished fourth. So happy for the first Quali with a new car.

So for the second Quali I adjusted the rear drop by 1mm so had less transfer to the front and fitted the BD MC10 body as it is a more neutral body.
So straight out of the blocks it was a four-way tussle for first but after several laps I found myself in second pushing for first place, managed to take first but pushed too hard coming onto the back straight and hit the back concrete curb. Popped off the front shock and the g clip on the front drive shaft (but didn't know that till the end). Marshall popped the shock back on an I continued but the car was pulling to one side and a handful to drive but finished. I managed to do a pb lap and set the quickest lap for the qualifier (quickest lap for 13.5 at this track).

So fix the car and found the roche drive shaft parts compatible and the g clips a tougher fit. Found myself qualifying in fourth and put on a new set of tyres.

So the first final, I was unsure of how the car would get off the mark I took it easy, but the car took of straight with great bite, the car on new tyres was realy nice to drive. Found my self in a Four way battle for first which lasted a few laps, I manged to get to second as the others had made a few errors and I was able to pass. First had manged to gap us and I set of with chasing him down and setting another pb on the way. I manged to catch first with two minutes for racing time left and went to put a pass on but touched and spun him out, let him back in to the lead to find it only encourage him to put down some fast laps, tried to set up a couple of more passed but made some un forced errors in doing so and finished in second.

For the second final I made no chages to the car and started this time hard, manged to pass one car of the line and into the sweeper, the second car through the esses and into second and manged to pass for first coming on the back straight. I now found myself in first place with second hot on my tail. We battled for a few laps and I made an error going onto the back straight and rolled the car. Been a while since I have been in this position so out of practice. Gathered myself up but made another mistake while pushing the car and ended in fourth.

So for the final run of the night I again made no changes and it was going to be a battle as there was four drivers in with a chance of taking out the night. Off the start all drivers got of the line hard but clean. Found myself in third but the car was lacking some speed and found fourth catching me. About half way through the car coming onto the back straight veered off onto the grass and when it was put back on would drive straight so pulled into the pits to find that the other side front drive shaft had spat the g clip of losing the pin too.

So overall finished the night of fourth with a pb and the fastest lap of the night. Fitted the roche clips and they are in the correct direction. So have found the car to have a lot of steering with a balance overall feel, just work out the teething problems and get some more track time to get used to the driving style, looking to be a fun year ahead.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Guys!

Someone already try the car on carpet?
Old 01-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone know when this car will be available in the US?
Old 01-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

VBC Racing USA should have them up on the site very soon.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer
Does anyone know when this car will be available in the US?
I ordered from the VBC website and received my D08 within 6 days (paying expedited shipping)

Very happy with the new kit!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are there drivers here in this forum comming to the ETS in germany?
Or any ather race you can meet me.
Please be sure to pay me a visit.
We will have a very nice supprise for you guy's.
If you whant to sit at the vbc pittabel let me know.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Great start to my title defence last night at club racing. After running for Serpent for 4 years and only getting this car 10 days ago and putting only 5 practice runs in before hand I wasn't expecting the car to be so good 1st meet out. To come away with Tq and a Win I'm stoked. I tested a number of things like longer links, sway bar's, camber and roll centre changes but moved back towards the Maker asphalt set up by the end of the night. The differences are I'm running mid flex setting on the inner toe blocks, shocks 4 hole all round, I lengthened the front wheelbase 1mm, lengthened the rear camber link 1hole and I'm running a 1.4 rear bar. Still wanna play around with the flex settings in the motor mount, diff and shock weights but I've only got 1 diff and shocks currently. Thanks to Ant I've got extra shocks sorted so heres hoping VBC Aust get some more diffs in stock soon. My hot lap was .8 off the mod times (12.98vs13.78) which is on the money considering I'm running Rush 36 that are far from new... This car is super consistent and changes direction so nice. I had runs where the last laps were within .1 of the hot lap and I'm still getting used to the feel of the car. Here's my best string of laps from the 3rd final.

1 0:00:14.356 0:00:14.356. 0:00:00:000
2 0:00:28.812 0:00:14.456 0:00:00.100
3 0:00:42.829 0:00:14.017 0:00:00.439
4 0:00:56.610 0:00:13.781 0:00:00.236
5 0:01:10.769 0:00:14.159 0:00:00.378
6 0:01:24.843 0:00:14.074 0:00:00.085
7 0:01:38.979 0:00:14.136 0:00:00.062
8 0:01:53.181 0:00:14.202 0:00:00.066
9 0:02:07.305 0:00:14.124 0:00:00.078
10 0:02:21.243 0:00:13.938 0:00:00.186
11 0:02:35.472 0:00:14.229 0:00:00.291

Next meet is a different track next Friday with a different crew of racers so here's hoping I can head there and get similar results. Woot Woot

Thanks to VBc Australia for the support and R1 Wurks for the horsepower.
Attached Thumbnails VBC Racing D08-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.