R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #556
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

another question...do they translate to any other brand?
__________________
Destiny RX-10s | CRC XTI-WC | 2016 X1 F1 | SMC Totemic | Team Scream
phatboislim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #557
Tech Addict
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

@EDWARD2003

My new VBC D08 Dynamics Edition TC car came in and am going to start the build tonight... (hopefully)

Just wanted to say thanks again Edward for your build and setup videos. I just watched all the ones related to the D08 and really appreciate you taking the time to do them. I especially found the one on sway bar setup very informative! I'll have some confidence going in to the build on this thing now.

Thanks man!

Barry
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:09 PM   #558
Tech Master
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,397
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Awesome you got your car finally
I have one more d08 dynamics left at a great price if anyone is interested
Gripworksrc.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
@EDWARD2003

My new VBC D08 Dynamics Edition TC car came in and am going to start the build tonight... (hopefully)

Just wanted to say thanks again Edward for your build and setup videos. I just watched all the ones related to the D08 and really appreciate you taking the time to do them. I especially found the one on sway bar setup very informative! I'll have some confidence going in to the build on this thing now.

Thanks man!

Barry
AlexPate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:19 PM   #559
Tech Addict
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexPate View Post
Awesome you got your car finally
I have one more d08 dynamics left at a great price if anyone is interested
Gripworksrc.com
yes, Thanks Alex - you are the MAN!

It actually came in last Thursday, but I was in Dallas to RACE!
Appreciate you, sir - and I wished I lived a little closer to ya.

Finally got to run the Lightning10 in WGT-R and it was a freakin' blast. VBC is my new addiction.

If anyone is wanting anything VBC, can't recommend GripworksRC and Mr. Alex Pate enough - great guy and very helpful! Take care bud. I'm sure I'll be in touch (eyeing that new 235-M )
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #560
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I forgot to mention my D08 setup uses the Gold upper deck.

https://www.vbcracing.com/collection...te-a-01-g31195

I will try a standard upper deck and see if this makes much of a difference.
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #561
Tech Addict
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
I too had this issue for sometime. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to fix it. I found out that the upper bulkhead caps have a big influence on the spacing on the lower bulkheads. If this is done wrong this will cause the upper deck to tweak and ultimately the chassis to have a tweak.

Take the upper bulkhead cap assembly off.

What I did was I loosened the shock tower screws allowing the upper bulkhead caps to be loose. Then I set the upper bulkhead spacing for 19 mm and carefully tightened the shock towers screws down in a X pattern. Then I take the other shock assembly and place it on top of the already completed one and used it as a template.

I then loosen the lower bulkheads to prepare for the upper assembly to be mounted to it.

Once both upper cap assemblies are finished I then place them on the lower assembly and screw them down.

I don't screw the lower assembly to the chassis just yet. I then place the upper deck on and screw it down slightly. What I mean by this is that there should be some up and downward movement of the upper deck.

Once the two bulkheads are loosely connected by the upper deck I then flip the chassis upside down. (Take off body posts for this)

I then have the chassis upside down and using the shock towers as points of contact on a flat surface. I then tighten the the lower bulkhead screws down. Flip the chassis over and check to see if the upper deck falls under it's own weight. If it dose then the chassis is good to go.

So I finally tried this... seems like my upper deck is not totally lining up with bulkheads, may be I should get a drill and make the top deck screw holes little bigger.

Seems like my top deck is little too long or too short. Just me?

With top deck totally off, its flat on my set up board.. so I'm thinking it can't be the actual chassis it self
__________________
-Fast cats
-eXpress motorsports
-T.O.P
-Airtronics
1shnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:04 AM   #562
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shnot View Post
So I finally tried this... seems like my upper deck is not totally lining up with bulkheads, may be I should get a drill and make the top deck screw holes little bigger.

Seems like my top deck is little too long or too short. Just me?

With top deck totally off, its flat on my set up board.. so I'm thinking it can't be the actual chassis it self
I think it has to do with your bulkhead alignment. I would look into picking up a bulkhead alignment bar and that might very well sort this issue out.
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #563
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just bought the mounts to chassis mount the steering linkage. My question is do you remove the mount for the floating linkage and then install the chassis mount system?
__________________
Brandon Smith
fanfor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #564
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springfield OHIO
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life
Default

How does this car compare to the others on the market? I've been trying new tc chassis's out! We don't have one at my local track either. Any information would be great on how this car handles! Also I'm coming from a detc410!
__________________
Access Hobbies,CRC, Detc410, Xray T4 15,
The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School
racer034life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #565
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
How does this car compare to the others on the market? I've been trying new tc chassis's out! We don't have one at my local track either. Any information would be great on how this car handles! Also I'm coming from a detc410!
Either the D08 or the D09 can compete with any of the other high end cars out there. Currently the D09 Dynamics kit is a very good deal and gets you pretty much everything you could want for tuning on the car. The D08 Dynamics is a good deal as well, but doesn't include the aluminum chassis. Either one is still less than pretty much any of the other kits out there and the price for replacements parts are still on the low side compared to others.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #566
Tech Master
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,397
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Either the D08 or the D09 can compete with any of the other high end cars out there. Currently the D09 Dynamics kit is a very good deal and gets you pretty much everything you could want for tuning on the car. The D08 Dynamics is a good deal as well, but doesn't include the aluminum chassis. Either one is still less than pretty much any of the other kits out there and the price for replacements parts are still on the low side compared to others.
D08 dynamics and d09 dynamics kits available here https://gripworksrc.com/collections/vbc-racing-car-kits
D08 dynamics is clearance price.

There is also a 10% sale on untill midnight tonight.
AlexPate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #567
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfor18 View Post
I just bought the mounts to chassis mount the steering linkage. My question is do you remove the mount for the floating linkage and then install the chassis mount system?

Thats correct.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net