R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree9Likes

Old 08-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #361
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
Sounds to me like you're running on carpet if you are running the stiff gold parts... Im running in car parks with soda sprayed down for traction. I tun the silver plactic parts. I went too far on adjustments one day and made the rear end a little too loose, so I took out the FR outer screws and it hooked the car back up to where I wanted it.
Yes, all carpet.

So I played with all the screw settings and top plate motor mount post. After all the testing, I also found that removing the outer screws on the suspension mounts seemed to tighten the car up, which sort of goes against what the instructions state, for low traction, as I know our track is mid to high traction. Regardless, they seem to effect the lateral stability of the car, which is a nice option. I think this will be even more beneficial on the CRC black carpet, where one would want to free the car up even more, from what I've heard. With all this testing, I found the car had a ever so slight push in our high speed sweeper, I found that going to the "mid" motor mount post actually gave the car a little more forward bite, which in this case, tightened the front end up, took the small push out. Another nice tuning option, as the solid was just too much, and using no post created too much push on exit. All in all, you can really fine tune this car with all the adjustments available.
Rodney Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #362
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Where's everyone's favorite source for vbc parts? I'm located in us but not too concerned about where they come from
tudor39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #363
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

http://vbcracingusa.com/store/index....te=common/home
http://www.tqrcracing.com
http://beamcat.com
Old 08-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #364
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

I think I am going to try the car narrow next race day.........narrow should equal more side bite and faster corner speed.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #365
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what is needed to convert a D07 to a D08?
Bull_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #366
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think that will be a long list Bull_Dog and will likely include just about everything but the steering, driveline and suspension components. It'd probably be easiest to download both manuals (petitrc) has them and compare part numbers. I believe some of the parts won't make a difference so you might have to make a judgement call on which parts to get or not get. I have recently moved to Aurora, CO and have both cars on hand so if you have specific questions please let me know.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #367
Tech Adept

I just bought a D08 dynamics car and am looking for some starting setup help. Also, any build tips you guys can give would be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:54 AM   #368
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfor18 View Post
I just bought a D08 dynamics car and am looking for some starting setup help. Also, any build tips you guys can give would be appreciated.
http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/vbc...ldFireD08.html
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #369
Tech Addict

Quote:
I just bought a D08 dynamics car and am looking for some starting setup help.
What's wrong with starting with the KIT setup?
Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #370
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
What's wrong with starting with the KIT setup?
Just asking for some setup help. I am not against trying the kit setup just trying to get some help/insight on this car as far as setup.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #371
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
I looked through Petitrc but did not see anything using the TBBS shocks. I will look some more as I might have looked past something
Old 08-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #372
Tech Adept

Quote:

What surface are you running on?

Build tips:
-Check the shock bladders for small cuts before assembly, not sure why but I've had 2 with really small holes that I initially didn't see on assembly.

-Make sure that you check the DJC clips are going in the proper rotation for left and right side of the car. You want the clips to tighten under acceleration.

-Make sure you loctite the inner pins on the drive shafts. The may require disassembly but worth the effort.

-Take note of the different ball cups for the upper camber links. They all look the same but the outers have a lower contour to them.

-Make sure that you have clearance between the top deck and the sides of the drive pulley.

-I pre-tap the holes in the arms that the aluminum ball studs go into, had one break at the neck as it went in very tight.

-Some people are taking 1mm off the hinge pins to prevent the suspension inserts from getting pound out. I don't think thats the fix but you can try it.

Good luck, its a nice car.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #373
Tech Adept

Quote:
I looked through Petitrc but did not see anything using the TBBS shocks. I will look some more as I might have looked past something
I think you could transfer over the stock setup to the TBBS shock setup, depending on the surface though, you may require softer springs. The rest is pretty status quo.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #374
Tech Adept

Quote:
hi i have been chatting to a uk driver and shock wise compared to the d07 shocks with the same oil they are to soft try 3 hole pistons 400cst oil and 2,8 springs and red dot arms are looking like a good option ordered some to test with let u know how it goes also if u need more flex been told try 1mm washers under top deck also 3000-5000 oil 3000 if you love rotation

hope this help also we both drive outdoors on tarmac
Old 08-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #375
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Racer View Post
What surface are you running on?

Build tips:
-Check the shock bladders for small cuts before assembly, not sure why but I've had 2 with really small holes that I initially didn't see on assembly.

-Make sure that you check the DJC clips are going in the proper rotation for left and right side of the car. You want the clips to tighten under acceleration.

-Make sure you loctite the inner pins on the drive shafts. The may require disassembly but worth the effort.

-Take note of the different ball cups for the upper camber links. They all look the same but the outers have a lower contour to them.

-Make sure that you have clearance between the top deck and the sides of the drive pulley.

-I pre-tap the holes in the arms that the aluminum ball studs go into, had one break at the neck as it went in very tight.

-Some people are taking 1mm off the hinge pins to prevent the suspension inserts from getting pound out. I don't think thats the fix but you can try it.

Good luck, its a nice car.

I am running on medium grip asphalt outdoors. Also, I currently am running a D07 in 17.5 spec. I am the type that likes a ton of steering entering the corner almost edgy. Can you give me some ideas on how to increase dramatically the entrance steering in my D07 using the TBBS shocks