Search
Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird
I can measure from the pin hole to the bottom, most lowest point on both the plastic and the aluminum and give you those numbers.
That would be awesome, thank you. I wonder if the dynamics edition added the rear aluminum hubs?
Old 07-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the best I can measure from C/L of lower pin hole to the lowest point of plastic is 6.25mm and the aluminum is 4.15mm
Old 07-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tudor39
That would be awesome, thank you. I wonder if the dynamics edition added the rear aluminum hubs?
Nope, not in the Dynamics.

So I put the standard plastic rear upright on my car and set the droop at .5 as specified on one of the asphalt setups, then put the aluminum upright back on (not that it mattered) and measured the droop under the center of the arm facing out, it measured 3.8, all done on droop blocks. (This would be on the arm as if the lower curvey thing on the plastic upright where removed). Hope that helps you out. Obviously, if the setup sheet specifies more like a 1.0 you would be 4.3 on the arm and vice versa.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
Nope, not in the Dynamics.

So I put the standard plastic rear upright on my car and set the droop at .5 as specified on one of the asphalt setups, then put the aluminum upright back on (not that it mattered) and measured the droop under the center of the arm facing out, it measured 3.8, all done on droop blocks. (This would be on the arm as if the lower curvey thing on the plastic upright where removed). Hope that helps you out. Obviously, if the setup sheet specifies more like a 1.0 you would be 4.3 on the arm and vice versa.
Perfect thanks, 3.3mm difference. Exactly what I was looking for. Great help much appreciated guys
Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What is the D08's internal drive ratio for working out fdr?
Old 07-30-2016, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Henry#40
What is the D08's internal drive ratio for working out fdr?
Old 07-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Professor
Thanks, that is what I worked out from the pulleys. Just wanted to check as I have seen some recommended fdr ratios that were using 1.75. Bit weird. Was the D07 different?
Old 07-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Henry#40
Thanks, that is what I worked out from the pulleys. Just wanted to check as I have seen some recommended fdr ratios that were using 1.75. Bit weird. Was the D07 different?
Nope, same guts.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

So the D08 has multiple adjustments via screws in the chassis. What have you guys found the difference in feel is, between the adjustments in the one piece suspension blocks compared to the motor mount? Does the motor mount allow for more chassis flex and the suspension mounts do what? The suspension ones seem very far out, so how much does influence chassis flex, or does it even do it? Opinions?? Thanks
Old 08-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
So the D08 has multiple adjustments via screws in the chassis. What have you guys found the difference in feel is, between the adjustments in the one piece suspension blocks compared to the motor mount? Does the motor mount allow for more chassis flex and the suspension mounts do what? The suspension ones seem very far out, so how much does influence chassis flex, or does it even do it? Opinions?? Thanks
Experiment with removing a different pair of screws at a time (the outer serews on the f/rear pin holders is what I remove in most set ups. I have found it to be a good fine tuning option. One of the biggest changes was the motor mount top plate brace, it freed up the rear of the car.
Paul
Old 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Experiment with removing a different pair of screws at a time (the outer serews on the f/rear pin holders is what I remove in most set ups. I have found it to be a good fine tuning option. One of the biggest changes was the motor mount top plate brace, it freed up the rear of the car.
Paul
Hi Paul. Thats what I'm questioning though. The motor mount description in the instruction refers to flex characteristics, where the outer one piece suspension mount screws make more reference to traction levels, but I'm not sure if the reference is "to add" or to do with the level of traction that exists on the track. If so, I don't understand on how this can aide in flex or traction overall to the car. When I have played with this I just don't see a difference on the track, perhaps my track is just at that traction level that it doesn't show anymore. Perhaps its more related to for and aft flex than side flex?

As far as the "motor mount top plate brace", do you mean the multiple configuration standoff posts? I have used them in combination with the 3 different top decks available and have found that going to the "gold" quasi top deck without the standoffs nets the best performance, although I think the "silver" is probably the better choice because of the track conditions at the moment and the chassis twist I'm looking for. These are all on the "gold" suspension pieces, which overall have made the car feel a lot more comfortable to drive. What I did find, and this was confirmed with another VBC driver as well as another brand driver, that the standoffs are good until you hit a board, then it creates a slight tweak in the car, which can only be reset by loosening and re-tightening those screws, not possible during a run though. This problem outways the usefulness the posts themselves so we try to avoid them and tune around it via the top deck thickness and flex characteristics.

Just looking for what others are finding with these adjustments. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds to me like you're running on carpet if you are running the stiff gold parts... Im running in car parks with soda sprayed down for traction. I tun the silver plactic parts. I went too far on adjustments one day and made the rear end a little too loose, so I took out the FR outer screws and it hooked the car back up to where I wanted it.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:04 AM
TC5
Tech Initiate

So I tried a combo of TBBS and solid mount on the front - I am impressed , much more composed and consistent , harder turn in and more corner speed

So , what next now ...
Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Yannic Pruemper with the D08 at the ETS-Final in Trencin:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TC5
So I tried a combo of TBBS and solid mount on the front - I am impressed , much more composed and consistent , harder turn in and more corner speed

So , what next now ...
Are you talking about the FR hinge pin mount? You could try the solid mount steering rack......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.