R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree9Likes

Old 04-04-2016, 11:57 PM   #226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Awesome, I am looking forward to seeing your setup.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #227
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been working with testing and tuning my D08 lately and believe I have it dialed in pretty well. Made a few changes from the kit set up to suit our track and I have to say that it is awesome.

This car is VERY smooth and quite. Probably one of the quietest cars on the track. Grip is crazy (running USGT spec tires on "old" carpet) and response of the car is very controlled yet responsive.

TQ'd but had the main cut short due to a head on hit with a lapper that was trying to get turned around and going the right direction. The front bumper got torn and rolled under the car giving it a great bounce going down the next straight!

All in all, the car is very good and I'm incredibly happy with it.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:39 AM   #228
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingChicane2 View Post
I've been working with testing and tuning my D08 lately and believe I have it dialed in pretty well. Made a few changes from the kit set up to suit our track and I have to say that it is awesome.

This car is VERY smooth and quite. Probably one of the quietest cars on the track. Grip is crazy (running USGT spec tires on "old" carpet) and response of the car is very controlled yet responsive.

TQ'd but had the main cut short due to a head on hit with a lapper that was trying to get turned around and going the right direction. The front bumper got torn and rolled under the car giving it a great bounce going down the next straight!

All in all, the car is very good and I'm incredibly happy with it.
Where do you run? and what changes have you done from the kit.
Looking to see what some have done to setups on the carbon chassis for carpet racing in the States.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #229
Tech Fanatic

Looking for some info from those that have used the different shock bladders in shock tuning. If you've changed nothing else with the shock; ie. fluid, piston or spring; what will the different blades do for you in helping you tune.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #230
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Thanks for the info on this. I did this last night and it adds a lot of strength to the inserts! Doubt I'll ever pop another one.
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #231
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if the D08 hinge pin holders will work on a D07? I like the idea of being able to adjust this with "pills" instead of buying more rear and front holders.

Thanks,
Jon
Juniorabca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #232
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorabca View Post
Does anyone know if the D08 hinge pin holders will work on a D07? I like the idea of being able to adjust this with "pills" instead of buying more rear and front holders.

Thanks,
Jon
They may fit if you ground off the lug that it has which locks it in place on the DO8 chassis. Im also unsure if the screw holes are in the same place.
69rotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:39 PM   #233
Tech Elite

Watched Yannic first run with the VBC D08 on RedRC. He did quite well considering it was his first time out with the new chassis.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #234
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69rotang View Post
They may fit if you ground off the lug that it has which locks it in place on the DO8 chassis. Im also unsure if the screw holes are in the same place.
As mentioned grind of the lugs and you'll be fine. A few guys have gone back to the 07 holders on the 08 due to the weak pill issue we e been suffering with.

This weekend gone we had the Australian Victorian state titles. This is the next state over and we arrived Thursday morning to an unprepared track. Spent all Thursday learning the track to then have the grip go through the roof once it was sugared. I started from scratch again on Friday practice and didn't really find a great set up. Went into qualifying not really confident but hopeful to pull of a few good rounds. Learning the new track was the hardest part and there were lots of fast locals out to prove a point. My 40 year old eyes and reflexes aren't what they used to be!

I ran 13.5 Blinky in a 34 car feild finishing 12th overall. My best rounds were a 6 and 7 but I had a 12th which gave me the dreaded BQ. The car was quick but inconsistent with the varying track temps. I had some great battles. I'll post a set up when I can be bothered looking at the car again.

We tested a lot of stuff and changed the flex settings in the blocks, motor mount and steering posts through the event. Will be interesting to see how the car handles at the next club meet with the new set up.

Great drive by FredP's son to win the B group. The kids going to be one to watch as he's got a lot of talent.

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #235
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
As mentioned grind of the lugs and you'll be fine. A few guys have gone back to the 07 holders on the 08 due to the weak pill issue we e been suffering with.

This weekend gone we had the Australian Victorian state titles. This is the next state over and we arrived Thursday morning to an unprepared track. Spent all Thursday learning the track to then have the grip go through the roof once it was sugared. I started from scratch again on Friday practice and didn't really find a great set up. Went into qualifying not really confident but hopeful to pull of a few good rounds. Learning the new track was the hardest part and there were lots of fast locals out to prove a point. My 40 year old eyes and reflexes aren't what they used to be!

I ran 13.5 Blinky in a 34 car feild finishing 12th overall. My best rounds were a 6 and 7 but I had a 12th which gave me the dreaded BQ. The car was quick but inconsistent with the varying track temps. I had some great battles. I'll post a set up when I can be bothered looking at the car again.

We tested a lot of stuff and changed the flex settings in the blocks, motor mount and steering posts through the event. Will be interesting to see how the car handles at the next club meet with the new set up.

Great drive by FredP's son to win the B group. The kids going to be one to watch as he's got a lot of talent.
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the complement to Dean. He enjoyed the battle with you at the front of the B's.
I realised the rear shocks were mounted in holes 3 and 4 on the shock tower for the first 4 qualifiers. Once corrected for the last qualifier and finals, he was able to drive the car to its full potential
Hope to catch up with you again soon.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:17 AM   #236
Tech Elite

I'll let you in on a little issue I had when setting proper ride height and balancing my D08.

While setting up the ride height I couldn't figure out why the Rear left and right were off by 0.6 mm and 0.2 mm left to right with the front. I double checked to make sure the left and right static balance which was perfect. However, the issue wasn't going away. I was scratching my head as to why this was still happening. In hopes of finding the problem I went ahead and checked the shock and suspension. All the shock lengths, spring lengths, droop screws were all exact.

Then after putting it all back together it still had the same problem. So I started to dig deeper and removed the shocks and looked at the suspension arms, hubs in more detail. I did some tests and moved the suspension through it's full range and the right side upper camber link made contact with the body post. I thought this was strange, because the left upper camber link was well clear of the body post. I thought the outer hub was on the wrong side. Nope. Everything was fine. Then, then, the very last thing I looked at was the suspension pin holders. I somehow placed the right ride holder in the wrong way so the left side was 5 dots facing out whereas the right was 5 dots facing in...felt like an idiot.

Once I fixed this, everything was spot on.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
I'll let you in on a little issue I had when setting proper ride height and balancing my D08.

While setting up the ride height I couldn't figure out why the Rear left and right were off by 0.6 mm and 0.2 mm left to right with the front. I double checked to make sure the left and right static balance which was perfect. However, the issue wasn't going away. I was scratching my head as to why this was still happening. In hopes of finding the problem I went ahead and checked the shock and suspension. All the shock lengths, spring lengths, droop screws were all exact.

Then after putting it all back together it still had the same problem. So I started to dig deeper and removed the shocks and looked at the suspension arms, hubs in more detail. I did some tests and moved the suspension through it's full range and the right side upper camber link made contact with the body post. I thought this was strange, because the left upper camber link was well clear of the body post. I thought the outer hub was on the wrong side. Nope. Everything was fine. Then, then, the very last thing I looked at was the suspension pin holders. I somehow placed the right ride holder in the wrong way so the left side was 5 dots facing out whereas the right was 5 dots facing in...felt like an idiot.

Once I fixed this, everything was spot on.
Attention to detail 👍👍
Old 04-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #238
Les
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Attention to detail 👍👍
I think it's great we have a real human here, sharing a story where he made a little mistake, then worked out where he went wrong and sharing it with us 👍
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #239
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
I think it's great we have a real human here, sharing a story where he made a little mistake, then worked out where he went wrong and sharing it with us 👍
Les. I wasn't having a go at Edward merely pointing out that you have to pay attention when working/building rc items
Old 04-16-2016, 05:31 AM   #240
Tech Adept

Wtb D07 or D08
bigtee01 is offline   Reply With Quote