R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #181
Tech Adept
 
whityboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
I have broken the following:

vbc A-03-VBC-0069 - double joint axle.

I am a tad frustrated as I cannot seem to get the spare in the UK, and I would like to buy from a local/uk store, but nobody has the part in stock.

Does anyone know if either the Xray/Schumacher/Yokomo Parts can fit the VBC, they are readily available in the UK.

thanks
The xray djc fit the car. al lot of xray drivers use the vbc ones for price.
will try to contact some uk shops a look if we can do something about part support. or ask you local shop to contact me and we can look what we can do about this
whityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #182
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 68
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityboy View Post
The xray djc fit the car. al lot of xray drivers use the vbc ones for price.
will try to contact some uk shops a look if we can do something about part support. or ask you local shop to contact me and we can look what we can do about this
Hi M8

Thanks for that. So I guess TeamC also fit then.

I know, following a chat I had after my earlier posts that MB Models have ordered a lot of D08 parts, so I will be able to get the Yaiba front DCJ's at the end of the week. I understand that nobody seems to have the part ending 0069 (I think it is no longer made) so unfortunately instead of a £10.00 or so repair it will be £26.00 or so.

I fortunately have some 'normal' Xray driveshafts, but they are not DCJ's though - but I guess I have to be a bit patient.

I will stick with the D07 for a few more months, but if this happens again I may have to change chassis - love the car - but lack of trackside support is a bit of a problem.
Loheswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #183
Tech Adept
 
whityboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

New towers an shocks are released.
verry good uning option
whityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:14 PM   #184
Tech Adept
 
whityboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Some verry good setup's added at petitrc for carpet.
Mitchell Van Ess, mod setup, was his first race with the car and in the end car was super quick and verry well balanced,
Athan De Witte, stock setup, super stabel and verry quick with massive steering.
Things that we testes with 2 drivers with verry good results, heavier oil and springs in the back.
this worked verry well and gave the car more streering
whityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #185
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,265
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My setup from last weekends ACT State titles.
Generally car felt pretty good on the sugared track. Played around a fair bit with track width, and PSS, but discovered some issues with the shocks that were holding me back on the saturday, fixed those up and managed to battle through to second place on Sunday with some really enjoyable races in the finals.

Did try going up in diff oil further, but 5k seemed about the limit for the RE's without losing rear traction. Also the centre post made the car more consistent.
Attached Thumbnails
VBC Racing D08-d08-ec-act-states-16.jpg  
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #186
Tech Master
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,897
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
My setup from last weekends ACT State titles.
Generally car felt pretty good on the sugared track. Played around a fair bit with track width, and PSS, but discovered some issues with the shocks that were holding me back on the saturday, fixed those up and managed to battle through to second place on Sunday with some really enjoyable races in the finals.

Did try going up in diff oil further, but 5k seemed about the limit for the RE's without losing rear traction. Also the centre post made the car more consistent.
Hi Ed,

Glad to see you are liking the new car. Are you ever handing it back?

What issues did you have with the shocks?

I am using the new Volante Gold 36 tires and comparing to Rush 36VX at Brendale and have noticed that 7k is the 'sweet spot' (with centre post in).

There are heaps more I want to try, but my time is very limited now. So testing on race days is basically non existent. (runnning 13.5t blinky)

Pics and vids of the Brendale layout can be found on the England Park Raceway FB page (official name for Brendale).

Leonard.
__________________
:::RCMaker.com.au:::Speedy RC.com.au:::
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #187
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,265
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375 View Post
Hi Ed,

Glad to see you are liking the new car. Are you ever handing it back?

What issues did you have with the shocks?

I am using the new Volante Gold 36 tires and comparing to Rush 36VX at Brendale and have noticed that 7k is the 'sweet spot' (with centre post in).

There are heaps more I want to try, but my time is very limited now. So testing on race days is basically non existent. (runnning 13.5t blinky)

Pics and vids of the Brendale layout can be found on the England Park Raceway FB page (official name for Brendale).

Leonard.
The shock issue was someone (Norman) had built the shocks with double white o-rings... made them feel like 450, even with no oil Couldn't figure out why they felt so different on the car until I pulled them apart and spent the whole of saturday night tweaking and comparing to the xray I also have to hand.
As I didn't have any of the delrin spacers, ended up going with one blue tamiya o-ring, a 0.2x4mm shim, and then a blue X-ring in the bottom. Much freer, and only a small bit of weeping on the sunday. Happy with that.
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #188
Tech Master
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,897
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
The shock issue was someone (Norman) had built the shocks with double white o-rings... made them feel like 450, even with no oil Couldn't figure out why they felt so different on the car until I pulled them apart and spent the whole of saturday night tweaking and comparing to the xray I also have to hand.
As I didn't have any of the delrin spacers, ended up going with one blue tamiya o-ring, a 0.2x4mm shim, and then a blue X-ring in the bottom. Much freer, and only a small bit of weeping on the sunday. Happy with that.
Oh dear!!! 2 white VBC orings!!!
__________________
:::RCMaker.com.au:::Speedy RC.com.au:::
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 PM   #189
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Default

Yokolun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #190
Tech Master
 
Photocycler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

looking for a newish D08 in the US, anyone with a car they want to sell?
__________________
[evan b]

Timezone I & II | RoseCityScaleRacing | Premier RC Raceway
Photocycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:38 AM   #191
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nyköping, Sweden
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokolun View Post
great news for the VBC team,,
good luck Yannic
__________________
NettoRc Sweden
Team AE B6
MuchMore Racing
Advance Electronic's
hasse85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #192
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 34
Default

Got an issue im trying to nut out...

Under light acceleration the car tracks straight, but as soon as it gets medium/full acceleration, the car always pulls to the right, i can trim the steering so it tracks straight on full acceleration, but then it pulls heavily to the left on light acceleration,

im new to the rc scene, just wondering what i should be looking at to correct this? thanks
Lowie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:37 AM   #193
Tech Fanatic
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2016/03/vbc-int...-option-parts/

New parts for the D08!
__________________
-=Ryan B=-
VBC Racing USA - Team Powers USA
PDX On-road: https://www.facebook.com/groups/onroadracing/
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #194
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie57 View Post
Got an issue im trying to nut out...

Under light acceleration the car tracks straight, but as soon as it gets medium/full acceleration, the car always pulls to the right, i can trim the steering so it tracks straight on full acceleration, but then it pulls heavily to the left on light acceleration,

im new to the rc scene, just wondering what i should be looking at to correct this? thanks
Have you tweaked your car? Checked if something is bendt?
Houmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #195
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie57 View Post
Got an issue im trying to nut out...

Under light acceleration the car tracks straight, but as soon as it gets medium/full acceleration, the car always pulls to the right, i can trim the steering so it tracks straight on full acceleration, but then it pulls heavily to the left on light acceleration,

im new to the rc scene, just wondering what i should be looking at to correct this? thanks
check the front bearing?
Yokolun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net