Search
Like Tree8Likes

Roche Rapide F1-2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
Hi JD-long time -no see-It's me jeff-from T&L-horsham f103 day's. Is this kit as good as I hear?lookin ta get a new style F1.The new carpet@ T&L is great. Where ya runing at?
Hey bud..long time indeed.

Was not sure what to expect myself..but with the price point under what I could find a used brand X car for ...I decided to give it shot.

It's great right out of the box...and I don't seem to be having any funny tweak issues ect. Only thing that was a slight issue were the mentioned quality on the front standoffs. Carbon and the back pod "stuff" is holding up great (and I am doing my usual failing at times).

Most of my time (when I have it) is being spent at rc car world....as they have a Sunday program.Feel free to shoot me a pm with any questions.
Hope to see you soon.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I love this car! Excellent quality fit/finish and the fasteners are top rate. The best F1 I've owned.

Ran this weekend at Jackson RC (asphalt) on well used TCS tires. The car behaved well under braking, it could take increasing amounts of steering and still remain stable. I did change the front lower arm mounts to ones that are 12mm in height.

FJ is going to post my setup sheet.

Also available here

Last edited by ralph m; 05-31-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Two Vids i've made for www.rcf1.fr about the new Roche rapide F1 2016 (the 2nd in french)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Doing really well with the car at my local.
Love how responsive and flat it is.

I feel we really need a carbon rear axle.
Was wondering if anyone was able to utilize another brand axle in the car?

I am also working on a new carbon upper arm plate that moves the mounting holes out a little to get the front closer to zero camber. Going to use the stock aluminum arm mounts so it can be adjusted to some "in between" settings available now. Will post picks when its done. Hoping this is on the factory upgrade list as well.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Guys, I want to get into F1 with this car.

What's a good setup for high grip new crc carpet in terms of tires, wheels, body, springs, and dampening start points?
Old 06-19-2016, 10:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Guys, I want to get into F1 with this car.

What's a good setup for high grip new crc carpet in terms of tires, wheels, body, springs, and dampening start points?
This was my first setup...

https://drive.google.com/a/rochercus...w?usp=drivesdk

Had pace.. But only figured out how to drive it right in the main...
Old 07-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Crc wtf-1 graphite axle/hub installed..
It works great..but hurt the wallet a bit.

You will need the axle diff hub and aero collar for the inside bearing.
You can re-use left hub with some added spacers.
Attached Thumbnails Roche Rapide F1-2016-20160708_222121_resized.jpg  
Old 07-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Put this car on the track first time this weekend and it was stuck like glue!

Ride R1s all around, sauced 100% rear 50% inside front with Mighty Gripper V3 yellow for 30 minutes on at 21.5T motor. Usually I can't get these rubber tyres to work and run foams instead.

Usually the guys on my local track would run a gyro on their F1s as we'd find the rear end loose for the surface but I couldn't get the back end to step out! In fact I didn't quite have as much steering as I'd like - I didn't run any toe-out so that's the next change! Super impressed and happy with the F1!
Old 07-13-2016, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

First time out this weekend car was a lot of fun. Ended up going min camber, Max caster, softer front springs and I need to get soft rear side springs to fully eliminate grip roll.
Figured out a decent sauce routine by the main. Car has a ton of potential.
Racing on CRC high grip new carpet.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Good deal!

I as well have switched to min.camber max caster.I also am trying to run softer front springs on our current layout (tested silver tamiya springs) seems to be working well.
Stock side springs have been working really good for me...but I am on the old rug.

The crc rear axle dropped me 2 tenths per lap (back to back on same layout/racecday). Obviously grip came up during the race day ...so that would account for a slight speed increase.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-13-2016, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Good deal!

I as well have switched to min.camber max caster.I also am trying to run softer front springs on our current layout (tested silver tamiya springs) seems to be working well.
Stock side springs have been working really good for me...but I am on the old rug.

The crc rear axle dropped me 2 tenths per lap (back to back on same layout/racecday). Obviously grip came up during the race day ...so that would account for a slight speed increase.
Any idea what the rates are of the Roche springs?
Are the tamiya silver springs softer than stock Roche soft springs?
Old 07-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure on spring rate but the silver springs are much softer for sure. The kit springs feel in between a gold and black tamiya spring if that helps. I would try a tamiya gold 1st as the silvers are pretty soft. Also the associated springs are a good option. I only recently switched from them to Tamiya because I had so many in my parts box.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Just bought one of these on an impulse buy. Going to prep it for this coming Carpet season. I really like design of the front end a LOT and the price of replacement parts is like, amazing. Xray front upper arm - $20-25, Rapide front upper arm - $7

I also really like the hollow steel axle - that's a nice touch. Stoked to build this
Old 07-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

The quality of the kit and materials is really top notch. Combined with a really affordable price you can't beat it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.