R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #181
Tech Elite
 
bkspeedo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Fun, CO
Posts: 3,138
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I need to add a few more things to the pivot ball assembly sticking issue.

Slide a M3 wrench shaft through the pivot ball of the bushing and pivot ball assembly (you could use the king pin as well it's just easier with a wrench). Using a pair of pliers or something else you prefer. Hold the pivot ball bushing by the part that fits into the carbon arm. Squeeze with a fair amount of pressure and move the pivot ball around with the M3 wrench. Move the pliers to a new location of the pivot ball bushing. Repeat this until you've gone all the way around the pivot ball bushing, about 5 different locations.

This will loosen up the plastic and pivot assembly. When placed in the carbon arm after reaming the bushing hole in the arm a little, you should have a free moving arm.

No need to glue the bushing in the carbon arm if you're using the rubber o-ring to hold the bushing assembly into place.

Hope this makes sense. It's hard to describe.
__________________
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ R1 Wurks
TQ Wire ~ Montech ~ WTF ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design ~ Helix Designs
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #182
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,087
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Took a break from my self imposed retirement this weekend to do the f1 thing with some old friends.
Aside from having to deal with knocking the rust off...another thing I was worried about was the track (nice crc black carpet on a subfloor). I had no idea what to expect as my car had a setup for well abused crc grey rug on it.
1st few laps I had a bit too much steering. Decided heavy front springs were a quick fix. Popped in some tamiya blacks and had another go.

Car was super dialed all night...brand new crc rubber tires.. no glue needed! Had good steering and no pod lift at all.
Grabbed tq with some room to spare.
I forgot how much fun this car is to drive. Makes a sloppy driver look good.
Was shocked that my old rug setup worked with only a spring swap. Looking fwd to get out some more with this car.
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #183
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,658
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
I need to add a few more things to the pivot ball assembly sticking issue.

Slide a M3 wrench shaft through the pivot ball of the bushing and pivot ball assembly (you could use the king pin as well it's just easier with a wrench). Using a pair of pliers or something else you prefer. Hold the pivot ball bushing by the part that fits into the carbon arm. Squeeze with a fair amount of pressure and move the pivot ball around with the M3 wrench. Move the pliers to a new location of the pivot ball bushing. Repeat this until you've gone all the way around the pivot ball bushing, about 5 different locations.

This will loosen up the plastic and pivot assembly. When placed in the carbon arm after reaming the bushing hole in the arm a little, you should have a free moving arm.

No need to glue the bushing in the carbon arm if you're using the rubber o-ring to hold the bushing assembly into place.

Hope this makes sense. It's hard to describe.
Perfect and thanks for sharing.

I went through this and recommend anyone building/running this car do the same. The arm and kingpin movement is 10x smoother. With the king pin out and steering block off the upper arm should just drop on it's on if you lift it up. Without doing what Kyle's dad describes the arm will not move as free.

Thanks again!
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #184
Tech Fanatic
 
MontanaMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 895
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
The height of pan car front springs is of little importance as the collapse constantly....

That is until they stop collapsing ... And become perfect..
I have found the xenon front springs to be very good many runs on them and still measures within .1 mm I believe they are 6.5mm long
MontanaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:49 AM   #185
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx View Post
I have found the xenon front springs to be very good many runs on them and still measures within .1 mm I believe they are 6.5mm long
Ride front spings are also great. You can give a try to Red/Yellow/White
__________________
Team Awesomatix / Team Roche / Team Corally / Wild Turbo Fan
nicoo2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #186
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

alloy chassis and pod plates arrived at RocheRCUSA
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #187
Tech Master
 
Grumpybrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 5280 CORRC Denver,Co
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Waiting for Roche USA to get more, sold my Exotech F1R3 and now anxiously waiting. Any clue of when?
Grumpybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #188
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Whenever they ship from HK. Been told mid-month... But until they do, who knows...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #189
Tech Master
 
Grumpybrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 5280 CORRC Denver,Co
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Unbelievable that they can't give a date of when they are shipping. Almost like they are afraid of Mr Trump and his new policies. Oh well I will continue to to wait.
Grumpybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #190
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,553
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpybrat View Post
Unbelievable that they can't give a date of when they are shipping. Almost like they are afraid of Mr Trump and his new policies. Oh well I will continue to to wait.
People can always give a date... But if it isn't delivered upon.. what is the point.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #191
Tech Master
 
Grumpybrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 5280 CORRC Denver,Co
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

You are absolutely right.
Grumpybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #192
Tech Master
 
Grumpybrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 5280 CORRC Denver,Co
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Brent has the F1 on the way, thanks to him an Mike. I am stoked to get and have a top of the line car.
Grumpybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #193
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,658
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

How are everyone's Roche F1 running...

Looking for more offpower turn in..

6* caster
2* camber
4.5mm ride height
Tamiya silver front springs
AE silver rear side springs
Stock.shock spring
Sideways pack

Was debating going back to Kyle's setup and try 9-12 caster with lower camber.

black CRC carpet...11 sec lap time down to 10.4 for fastest guy.
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #194
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 710
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
How are everyone's Roche F1 running...

Looking for more offpower turn in..

6* caster
2* camber
4.5mm ride height
Tamiya silver front springs
AE silver rear side springs
Stock.shock spring
Sideways pack

Was debating going back to Kyle's setup and try 9-12 caster with lower camber.

black CRC carpet...11 sec lap time down to 10.4 for fastest guy.
Sounds like a good start. I'm running 9 caster and 1 camber with pit 571 fronts 575 rears, ackermann @ 5 maxed out, short front standoffs, 7k side damper oil, stock soft springs front/side, 35wt shock oil with stock damper and spring and 4mm spacer on rear damper mount. Also have front tire sidewalls glued inner and outer and rear outer sidewalls glued up. We have black crc carpet also.
Fast guy is 9.8s and I'm @ 10.0 but I'm also incredibly mediocre which is why I love this chassis. It's so forgiving and easy to drive it makes me competitive.
__________________
Founder/Driver/Co-pilot/Crew chief/Pit crew/CEO/CFO/VP/Executive assistant/Head of secret santa committee:
Punk-Ass Racing
https://www.facebook.com/punkassracing/
Dobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #195
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,871
Default

More rear droop?
How much are you running?
__________________
MOD: A800X R1 Digital-2 MM Fleta ZX 5.0T|||VTA: A700 Orca VX3 R1 25.5V16 |||F1:
Roche EVO R1 Digital-2 R1 21.5V16|||Sanwa M12S|||iCharger 406Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net