Search

The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Can you say "stockified"
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Don't hold back now, tell us what your REALLY think!

As far as I'm concerned, stock(with all its tricks...legal and illegal) is a sham anyway, and in NO WAY represents what the class was ment to be. So I could care less if pros run it or not. In fact, they are probably the only people who still enjoy the class.

So they can have it.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Don't hold back now, tell us what your REALLY think!

b] only people who still enjoy the class.

So they can have it.
there's the difference between club race and Big event
Old 11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
Can you say "stockified"
???"Stockified"???

Soooo.....what are you saying....

...that dude's stock motor shouldn't be pulling the nitro cars on the straight...

Old 11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to see more of the fast guys run mod in my area. Actually NO ONE runs mod at my track. 19t and stock thats it. Most fast guys run 19t. I am new to TC racing but I am going to try 19t next week just for the fun of it.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Why not break it into 2 classes then? Factory stock and stock. I don't see any way a privateer with an equally well setup car could truley compete on a factory level. Do you really think there isn't a difference between a stock motor bought at your local hobby shop and a hand tuned, top 1% motor...or maybe you wouldn't feel the difference between a pack of 1.19s compared to a pack of 1.25s.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

I have raced nitro (If thats what you want to call what I do...so racers may call it crash testing) and I have yet to race my electric car...this thread makes me want to go get a 9X1 and screw my sliver can...Let me go pour another glass of wine
Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

I have seen this type of discussion before....

Stock is NOT the beginner class. There is a class called NOVICE for beginners!!!

Look at Nascar. THose cars are "stock", but we all know they are not stock in any way. But they must conform to certain rules and guidlines that somewhat even out the field. Yet there are certain guys that are faster than others.

And this comes down to the "Its only fun if I have a chance at winning"? You do have a chance at winning! Practice. Who do you expect to beat if you can't put down consistent laps?

And, if you wan't to seperate the "Fast" guys from your class you like to run, what happens when you start winning? Pretty soon you are the "Fast" guy in stock and somebody else will want you out. SO there you go running mod, getting smoked even worse by the guys you didn't want to run against in Stock.

I personally run 19t or mod whenever I can. Sometimes I have to run stock because thats all there are people to make a class. However, it should be my choice to run whatever I want to run, besides NOVICE which is for the inexperienced driver.

If I practiced, put in my time learning, paid the money to have competitive gear, then there is nothing that should preclude my entry into stock to kick butt if I want to. If a guy gets upset over losing to someone who drives better, then maybe this isn't the sport for you, or any sport for that matter. Go play video games where you can feel better about yourself after getting beat by a computer. Cause you know, computers can be pretty smart.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is your next step to write a letter to NASCAR and tell them that Cup drivers shouldn't run Busch races? I think your post is good but not accurate of everyone. Some people are content to run stock forever, but some truely do have the mentality of "once/if I get a stock national win, then I will be out of stock class".

I don't think it's because Americans aren't as good of a talent, we just don't put NEAR as much effort into testing racing, etc. Does it piss you off that there is not a succesful American in F1 racing??
Old 11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Oh, and I know...everyones heard the old "We don't hold back our best cells for our drivers" load. Suuuure ya don't
Old 11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

I don't think I have ever seen a Novice class at Snowbirds...hmmm, I could be wrong though.

And if you are truley too fast to run in stock, I don't think you will get smoked in mod. If you do, then you just need to practice, learn to setup your car better and grow some nads.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think there should be a redefinition of classes. I think it would be a lot better if we had a Novice class (stock class with spec tires), Sportsman (19T motor limit) and Pro-mod class. If you win 3 races in a season then you're automatically bumped up from the Novice class to the Sportsman class. Since the motor and tires are controlled, you don't have to spend a whole lot of money trying to be faster than the other guy; even batteries could be regulated. This way there will always be novice guys in the novice class. Once you get up to Sportsman class you can start experimenting with different tires and such. Then you can move up to Pro-Mod class if you want to.

-Frank
Old 11-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I 100% agree with the first post. Last year I ran stock, and it sucked. You need to put so much money, and time into competing with semi factory or just old foggies who know nothing but stock.

this year I am running 19T and Mod for fun... I dont care if I win or loose, its fun to run a Mod, its at the edges of my ability to drive = Fun

You only get better by pushing youself, Stock is not pushing anyone. I mean when you just keep it panted for 9/10ths of a track, and you are only concerned with conserving your speed... what fun is that. I want some rip now and then to push it over the "line" and see what happens
Old 11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

WAuh....Lucky my part of the world loves mod racing....
Old 11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Is your next step to write a letter to NASCAR and tell them that Cup drivers shouldn't run Busch races? I think your post is good but not accurate of everyone. Some people are content to run stock forever, but some truely do have the mentality of "once/if I get a stock national win, then I will be out of stock class".

I don't think it's because Americans aren't as good of a talent, we just don't put NEAR as much effort into testing racing, etc. Does it piss you off that there is not a succesful American in F1 racing??

Well personally, I think that NASCAR is an abomination to our Almighty God and should be removed from this Earth. Besides that...

Yes, I wish we had an all-American team in F-1. I miss the glory days of Lemans and the CAN-AM road-racing series. I grew up attending GTP races around the country with my father. Honestly, NASCAR could never touch the pure cool that was GTP....Never.

Stock sandbaggers are simply too set in their ways and are too afraid to bump up. They ruin the lower classes for beginners and like it or not, without them our hobby / sport would be dead within 15 years.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Sometimes, tracks aren't big enough or don't supply enough traction to suit cars with mod motors effectively. These are the tracks when the lap times of mod motor equipped cars are the same, if not slower, than 19t cars. Although it's true that you need more skill and talent to drive under these conditions, the fun and excitement of driving an r/c car is eliminated because you will be constantly struggling for traction and "racing action" will be more difficult since it is harder to stick to a line to make a pass. This is why most people I know simply run 19t class whenever we race on such tracks. I personally do believe running mod will make you a better driver (not necessarily "racer".) But if the track is not suited to run mod, then it's more beneficial to learn how to race against more cars on a closer pace (19t) than it is to race against fewer cars that are on your pace or overshooting every corner (mod). As for stock... stock is definitely too slow and should be ran only by the beginner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.