R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #241
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick
To whom it may concern: I read your message with the utmost umbridge.

I have served, (I do have relatives serving in Iraq) You don't speak for me ... please refrain from doing so in the future.

I am not asking you to remove your quote, I just wanted you to know, I find it offensive.

BTW, neither post, need to be in this thread. This is about R/C Cars and not polictical statements.

I'm sure some people have issues with that sig, but I wouldn't have put it there if I didn't believe wholeheartedly that it were true. I have utmost respect for the people who step up to be our defenders, and I also understand that they are only doing the bidding of a vengeful psycho. I am not trying to speak for anyone, just myself, and I do take full responsibility for my opinions.
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #242
Tech Adept

Default Factory drivers

Who are these FACTORY DRIVERS or do you mean hobby shop/B team drivers factory drivers are employed by the factory i.e xray, hpi, tamiya, corally etc the likes of Craig dresher, Barry baker, Hara, and the likes these guys dont do stock now as for shop sponsored driver fair enough the shop has to promote their products they noticed a driver was quick they asked them to run there products just because they didnt ask you, You have a problem.
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #243
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the stock class A-main list at the recent Cleveland warm-up race at the Gate had more than a few cherry pickers in them. I think this is the type of thing that is referred to by this thread, not local club racing.

I know there are a lot of "team" guys in those stock A-mains, and I'd be willing to be they are still there at the Cleveland Champs, too.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #244
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the stock class A-main list at the recent Cleveland warm-up race at the Gate had more than a few cherry pickers in them. I think this is the type of thing that is referred to by this thread, not local club racing.

I know there are a lot of "team" guys in those stock A-mains, and I'd be willing to be they are still there at the Cleveland Champs, too.

You're right, Soviet was pointing mostly at the pro's, but there is a little trickle-down into local clubs.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #245
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I only read this thread to watch motor tuners cry about brushless. We need more of that.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #246
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I only read this thread to watch motor tuners cry about brushless. We need more of that.

Give 'em a minute, they'll chime in again.........
Old 11-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #247
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick
To whom it may concern: I read your message with the utmost umbridge.

I have served, (I do have relatives serving in Iraq) You don't speak for me ... please refrain from doing so in the future.

I am not asking you to remove your quote, I just wanted you to know, I find it offensive.

BTW, neither post, need to be in this thread. This is about R/C Cars and not polictical statements.
I have to agree....
TROY !!!

What is this ?

A political forum or is it about RC ??

Or Are you supporting this Fat liberal TROY?

This is suppose to bout R/c , not a forum that divides us & insults those who serve to protect our freedom !!!
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #248
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
There's no real progression system in place and alot of US drivers don't give a damn. As if alot of them have an "I'm alright Jack" type attitude. (in other words, as long as they're happy, then everything must be fine.)
I just don't get this one.

Let me take a crack at it. Your system would force random a-main driver x to run mod because you think he should. He was perfectly happy in stock and enjoyed competing in a class that he is good at. Your system somehow states that we should strip him of that enjoyment and force him to do something he obviously doesn't want to do.

Good plan, I see attendance going up already.
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
I've got tons of that!!
Wisdom? Your quotes show none of that!
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #250
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
You're right, Soviet was pointing mostly at the pro's, but there is a little trickle-down into local clubs.
They're not PROS!!! Cuffs, Dayger, Gerber, Rice, etc. have jobs, school etc.
Barry Baker, Josh Cyrul and Mike Blackstock did not make any stock mains at the Halloween Classic THEY (and those like them) ARE THE PROS.

The good stock guys do it as a hobby, just like everyone whining about them on this thread. There's always going to be folks who are faster than others, and for some of the fast guys in stock, the jump to MOD is just not possible, for any number of reasons. Does this mean that these guys should just quit racing because they'll upset a few mid-packers, who would more than likely be mid-packers even after they left? It takes a ton of dedication and knowledge to be competitive in stock, and it takes even more to do it in Mod. For some of those fast guys their schedule/comittments might keep them from being able to dedicate anymore time than they do now, so I guess they're just lost in the middle of what many believe Stock/19t and Mod classes should ideally be.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #251
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think people should be able to choose what class they run in but i think if they are winning week in and week out, they should move up to the next class, ie 27T to 19T but that's only what i think.

Charles
Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #252
Tech Adept

As long as I am paying the bills;

NO ONE will tell me what to spend my money on.*
NO ONE will tell me what class/cars/motors I have to run.
NO ONE will tell me what track I have to run at; I will just go elsewhere!

* except my wife... .

Last edited by Hick; 11-12-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #253
Tech Initiate

Charles G

I agree I did exactly that 27 turn, to 19 turn to full blown mod. I still beat them week after week what do you suggest I do now??
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #254
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here is the problem: stock is dog eat dog even at the local track in many cases. For the hobby to be stable there has to be new drivers coming in. In today's RTR/plug and play world, very few people want to even build a car let alone learn how to race it. This is not helped by being run over and hollered at when you go to the track the first few times.

People also don't like being called a novice since it implies you suck, especially if you really belong there even after more than one racing season. So what I think we need is a place where people can learn to grow as drivers and learn their cars. Yes, somebody has to lose. That is life. It seems more unfair when the guy who put 3 laps on the new guy has a motor battery and chassis sponsor EVEN IF HE HAS A DAY JOB. Simply put, you need a class that you can kick the really fast guys out of once they start dominating.

Also, there is no excuse for anybody who is fast in stock to not be able to handle 19t. Mod, I understand, it chews up parts and tires way quicker than stock. It's also a 100% different deal driving wise. That is why there should be some kind of progession. If you want to stay in 19t forever, fine. There should be an intermediate class for those who have the skills, but are not ready for modified yet. There has to be a place to develop drivers. You don't see Schumacher crushing everybody in Formula Ford do you? Why would he? Maybe that's not the best comparison, but the idea is that people with skill and sponsorship really shouldn't be hanging around in stock class. I stink and I probably should not be racing stock anymore, just because I have been around racing for a long time.

You see a lot of threads wondering out loud why the Asian/Euro drivers kick the Americans asses lately. It seems like this may be a big part of it.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #255
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
Here is the problem: stock is dog eat dog even at the local track in many cases. For the hobby to be stable there has to be new drivers coming in. In today's RTR/plug and play world, very few people want to even build a car let alone learn how to race it. This is not helped by being run over and hollered at when you go to the track the first few times.

People also don't like being called a novice since it implies you suck, especially if you really belong there even after more than one racing season. So what I think we need is a place where people can learn to grow as drivers and learn their cars. Yes, somebody has to lose. That is life. It seems more unfair when the guy who put 3 laps on the new guy has a motor battery and chassis sponsor EVEN IF HE HAS A DAY JOB. Simply put, you need a class that you can kick the really fast guys out of once they start dominating.

Also, there is no excuse for anybody who is fast in stock to not be able to handle 19t. Mod, I understand, it chews up parts and tires way quicker than stock. It's also a 100% different deal driving wise. That is why there should be some kind of progession. If you want to stay in 19t forever, fine. There should be an intermediate class for those who have the skills, but are not ready for modified yet. There has to be a place to develop drivers. You don't see Schumacher crushing everybody in Formula Ford do you? Why would he? Maybe that's not the best comparison, but the idea is that people with skill and sponsorship really shouldn't be hanging around in stock class. I stink and I probably should not be racing stock anymore, just because I have been around racing for a long time.

You see a lot of threads wondering out loud why the Asian/Euro drivers kick the Americans asses lately. It seems like this may be a big part of it.
Good Points Rob. The only issue I see is that regardless of what you call the class, it's still gonna end up with the "novice" stigmata. The only thing that seems to actually attract racers is close competition between "good" drivers, but alot of those "RTR mentality" folks, get upset relly quickly when they don't win the A by their third time out. I've seen it called Novice, Beginner, Amateur, Sportsman, and in Oval they even called it Busch class in our area, and everytime the class died because noone would enter it. The core of the problem I see is that everyone wants to run with the Big Dogs, but few of them wanna devote the necessary time and energy to do it, so the obvious answer to many is to move the Big Dogs outta the class. I just don't see how it solves the problem in a long-term fashion.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote