Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
These threads are RETARDED!!!!

Then why'd you post?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Suspended

A novice class at the Snowbirds or The Nats is probably the least intelligent idea I've ever heard!!!

The SCCA runs multiple classes at the same time, on the same track, and they seem to be doing well. Have you ever seen the 24 Hours of Le Mans? Same thing-multiple classes, same track, same time. Works well.

Just cuz I suck at TC racing doesn't mean that I don't deserve to race at a national event. That's really an asswipe-ish thing to say.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phatkat
Then why'd you post?
Because people need to hear my infinite wisdom!!!

And you can still race at those national events, just don't expect to win the "A"!You'll end up qualifying with people at your own skill level, and you'll have a good main with the folks who are the same speed as you. Do you really need your own class to participate in a race like that? These aren't club races, they're CHAMPIONSHIP races. You can still go and still have a great time. Hell, I've never made the "A" at Cleveland, but I still go every year. I still have the time of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the World. Why does everyone think they shouldn't do something unless they can win their first time out?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Because people need to hear my infinite wisdom!!!

I've got tons of that!!
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! Not even 19 hours later and this thread has 166 replies and 3,447 views.

Must not be that retarded since so many people felt compelled to say something.
Tech Fanatic

im with you trust me i know.i know some drivers that leve races becuse they dident make into the A-main thats winning lol
Old 11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by motorhead
im with you trust me i know.i know some drivers that leve races becuse they dident make into the A-main thats winning lol

Dude, I know locals that will stomp out of a club race because they don't win-but these guys are 40-50 years old!!

Total conniption fits, too, cussing and whining all the way to their crybaby-mobile.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Soviet

You know me well enough-I'm always compelled to say something!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Legend

Go ahead & call me a fool !!!

Your just doing that cus you do not have the abilty to run a motor over 200 times with out having to spend twice the mola as I do !!!

Best of luck keepin up with me ....
Old 11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Go ahead & call me a fool !!!

Okay.

Fool.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Suspended

And you can still race at those national events, just don't expect to win the "A"!You'll end up qualifying with people at your own skill level, and you'll have a good main with the folks who are the same speed as you. Do you really need your own class to participate in a race like that? These aren't club races, they're CHAMPIONSHIP races. You can still go and still have a great time. Hell, I've never made the "A" at Cleveland, but I still go every year. I still have the time of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the World. Why does everyone think they shouldn't do something unless they can win their first time out?

For real. I don't even expect to win here at home, let alone somewhere else, with guys who could put tires on a brick and kick my ass.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Soviet
Wow! Not even 19 hours later and this thread has 166 replies and 3,447 views.

You're right, I phrased that wrong. The threads not retarded, it's just thatjust the premise of the argument is ridiculous. If you're not good enough to win the A, and you're not content with winning the B, gather the required knowledge, and skill set to make the A and compete for the win. Don't expect everyone to just hand it to you by moving to a different class. If you're competitive enough by nature to want to win the "A", you should be competitive enough to motivate yourself to get there. A win doesn't mean anything unless you EARN it, otherwise it's just a gift.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

These threads are RETARDED!!!! A novice class at the Snowbirds or The Nats is probably the least intelligent idea I've ever heard!!! These are top level races for top level racers. Why does everyone want to make this hobby easier? Cheaper is fine, but alot of the reason many of us do this is because it's CHALLENGING!!! I wanna run with Cuffs, Dayger, Pulfer, Denton, Smyka etc. These guys are great, and if I can hang with them, then I know I'm accomplishing something. Move the good folks outta the class and you longer have a Yardstick to measure how "fast" a driver you are. Plenty of Stock racers think they're fast and they're being beaten by equipment because they can drive around the track for 5 mins. and not hit anything, but if you look at the laptimes of some "factory driver", they're oddly .5 or .6 sec faster on average. So the slow guys start whining about equipment. Of course when you go look at the slow guys car, they've got seized bearings in the drivetrain, a broken front wheel, and a bound up set of steering bellcranks. Not to mention their lines on the track suck. I know I went through a "they win with batteries" phase back in the early 90's, but back then it was true.

The real deal is this, If any of the whiners gave Smyka or Pulfer their worst batteries and motors, Smyka or Pulfer would still beat the whiners, and this is what their actually complaining about. They don't have a chance at winning, because they don't have the talent, so they want everybody better than them moved to a new class.

You want a simple answer? Everyone complaining on this issue is more than welcome to buy Trinity Spec cars, Batteries and Motors, and hold their own events. When somebody wins an A-main at one of those events, they are then forever banned from racing in those events. Pretty soon everybody in your group will win a race with the exception of the last guy, who won't have anybody to race with.
I agree, HORSEPOWER does NOT matter! Especially in Motorsports that Don't Require any Balls at All. It is 100% Pure Skill! How Much time Could Really Even Save if Your 1/12th went a Measely .1 Second per lap Faster Down the Straightaway.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmatter
I agree, HORSEPOWER does NOT matter! Especially in Motorsports that Don't Require any Balls at All. It is 100% Pure Skill! How Much time Could Really Even Save if Your 1/12th went a Measely .1 Second per lap Faster Down the Straightaway.
If you're car sucks out 2 tenths every time you turn the wheel because it scrubs all your speed, it won't help a bit

Are you gonna be at Platinum Sunday? If so bring Jason's car if you would please sir.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I might be Going to Y-City this Weekend, Not sure yet Though. Call me and we Can Hook Up Get you Your Car. Are you Coming to Platinum? I am Going to Cleveland this year You Silly Drunk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.