Factory Team TC4 on a roll! >

Factory Team TC4 on a roll!

Factory Team TC4 on a roll!

Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
I suppose on my part it boils down to a little bit of flag-waving.

Team America!!! ... FU*K YEAH!!!!
Well one thing is nice is if you run Associated or Losi parts are easy to get at hobby shops as they have easy access to parts from their Distributors. The other cars are nice but I get tires of buying online all the time for simple parts or when the boat don't come in or its stuck at port til customs can look at it gets old after awhile.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
I suppose on my part it boils down to a little bit of flag-waving.

Team America!!! ... FU*K YEAH!!!!
didn't associated sell out?

glad to see the car doing well. still running my tc3, was looking at picking up the fttc4.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Does anybody buy into the wins in a stock class? Like, do you think Xray sells a lot of cars after winning a major race in the stock class? I've noticed how Corally and Xray have the majority of their team members running in stock classes, and how Losi, AE, Yokomo, and HB have guys running in Mod. Does anybody else see this as a problem when it comes to transitioning racers from stock to modified.

Both Xray and Corally have some modified guys, but they usually fill the stock mains with their cars, and not so much in modified.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Does anybody buy into the wins in a stock class? Like, do you think Xray sells a lot of cars after winning a major race in the stock class? I've noticed how Corally and Xray have the majority of their team members running in stock classes, and how Losi, AE, Yokomo, and HB have guys running in Mod. Does anybody else see this as a problem when it comes to transitioning racers from stock to modified.

Both Xray and Corally have some modified guys, but they usually fill the stock mains with their cars, and not so much in modified.
A few companies have made a living off that.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

I think this is what bothers me the most about TC racing. The fact that I would go and compete in what I think would be the entry level class for such a big race ie, snowbirds, nats, etc. I go to run stock and end up racing against full sponsored racers by Xray and Corally. I dont see how you have a fully sponsored stock racer.....
Old 11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by runnin rc10
I think this is what bothers me the most about TC racing. The fact that I would go and compete in what I think would be the entry level class for such a big race ie, snowbirds, nats, etc. I go to run stock and end up racing against full sponsored racers by Xray and Corally. I dont see how you have a fully sponsored stock racer.....
I know I saw a winner or two in the Sportsman class last year that I thought had full rides for motors, batts, and car!!!!!!! Could be wrong but I think I have it right on this one.

I do think alot of guys run stock because most tracks have alot of guys running it, some run 19T as a replacement for mod since at most tracks I go to don't have mod. 19T has been a good class for guys wanting to run faster but are not totally comfortable running mod and what to go faster.

The other thing is mod is alot harder on tires and nowadays with the rising costs on everything stock is still in my opinion cheaper to run and so is 19T.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

My gripe is, that I have been racing for a few years, and feel that I am past a sportsman class, where do I go? I cant go to stock where you think Id feel most comfortable because we have full ride drivers racing in stock and winning every year....
Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

I started off electric racing in the stock class after moving from gas. The thing I found interesting is the chassis does not play anywhere near as much of the overall equation of speed as it does with modified. The major players in stock as far as I can tell are- battery voltage, motor, drivetrain efficiency then the chassis. Granted, the drivetrain efficiency is part of the overall chassis thing, but I am mainly referring to handling competency when I say chassis.
I came to this conclusion after running a TA-04R, in stock it was great, I could beat all the other guys around here with their top line chassis' without too much drama and very little set up time. When I moved to modified, the TA-04 just couldn't keep up, it wouldn't "handle the horsepower" if you like.
About the same time I bought a TC3, in stock it was about the same, maybe even a little slower, but in modified, a whole different story. The car could use the power without getting tied up in knots.
This may sound all completely irrelavent, but it says to me, in my experience, that stock racing puts different demands on the chassis as far as the the speed you hit corners and the power out of them etc...
I'm not saying the cars that are winning stock couldn't win in modified, just that, to me, modified IS electric racing so I want to see a chassis really perform in that class, not stock racing.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Aint no substitute for cubic inches!

- DaveW
Old 11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DaveW
Aint no substitute for cubic inches!

- DaveW