Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy setup station question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Hudy setup station question

I was just wondering can the on road touring car setup station be used for an off-road 10th scale buggy (xray xb4) or visa versa (off road version be used for an on road touring car (xray t4)? I haven't bought one yet but I have a xb4 and a t4 and don't want to buy 2 stations. I also have an 8th scale buggy and Truggy but I've gotten away without using a setup station on those so far but I feel like the 10th scale stuff really requires it, especially on road touring cars. Even if anyone knows of a different brand that is interchangeable plz let me know.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I was just wondering can the on road touring car setup station be used for an off-road 10th scale buggy (xray xb4) or visa versa (off road version be used for an on road touring car (xray t4)? I haven't bought one yet but I have a xb4 and a t4 and don't want to buy 2 stations. I also have an 8th scale buggy and Truggy but I've gotten away without using a setup station on those so far but I feel like the 10th scale stuff really requires it, especially on road touring cars. Even if anyone knows of a different brand that is interchangeable plz let me know.
No they aren't. The parts are machined to replicate the diameter of the wheels and tires so that ride height is correct, and thus camber angles.

FWIW, it's nice to have one for on road (I do), but I've never used one for off road and doubt I will. Off-road is easy and accurate enough with your typical ride height and camber gauges IMO.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
No they aren't. The parts are machined to replicate the diameter of the wheels and tires so that ride height is correct, and thus camber angles.

FWIW, it's nice to have one for on road (I do), but I've never used one for off road and doubt I will. Off-road is easy and accurate enough with your typical ride height and camber gauges IMO.
Thank you. I figured they wouldn't work for both but wanted to be sure. I guess I will just get one for on road and not offroad. I have been getting by without one for offroad for awhile now anyways.