Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Touring car delema >

Touring car delema

Touring car delema

Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Angry Touring car delema

Hey guys this is a often asked question but i would like to know what you guys think. I can either get a tc4 with a one way and full carbon moulded chassis ect and heavy duty rear outdrives or a mi2 with some hop ups

my local local hobby shop is a distrbutor for Schumacher and is a about a 5 mins drive from my house

another hobby shop that is about 30 mins from my house carries parts for the TC4 so im not sure which car i should get

any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I personally would go with the Mi2 simply because most of the guys that run it are more than happy to help you with it from guys like me, all the way to team level guys that are on here alot. Besides that it is a well engineered car from the factory.

Rod
Old 11-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 180sx
Hey guys this is a often asked question but i would like to know what you guys think. I can either get a tc4 with a one way and full carbon moulded chassis ect and heavy duty rear outdrives or a mi2 with some hop ups

my local local hobby shop is a distrbutor for Schumacher and is a about a 5 mins drive from my house

another hobby shop that is about 30 mins from my house carries parts for the TC4 so im not sure which car i should get

any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
If you are somewhat new to this hobby, get what most of the guys at your track are running. That-way, you can get help with set-ups, etc. Running a unique car can be quite a pain if you do not have the support with at-least a baseline set-up.

Just my $0.02
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

MI2...
Old 11-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I've run both and was more than happy when I switched from TC4 to Mi2
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Tc4 any car is competetive,i run xray but also have a tc4 you will get to many xray and corally biased opinions,just a bunch of crap any car with good driver and proper set up is competitive parts availability,set up help go a long way.Make your choice based on those things,not that belt is the only way to go more crap,what won iic tamiya,what won the worlds tamiya?If guys want to say xray and corally,look at the finishes associated is there won reedy and competitive everywhere else
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MI2

IF I HAD TO PICK BETWEEN THEM MI2 WOULD BE MINE
Old 11-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, Mi2 is a great car.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buy the one you like ...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Car

I agree that both cars can be as competitve as the other but parts and setup availability are most important. Also, if you are a new driver I would reccomend the MI2 for the durability factor. I feel it would be a much more durable car for new racer.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wait about a month for our new car to come out . The Mi2EC, it's more expensive but will come with all the hopups you would want just like how the team drivers cars are. Check out www.racing-cars.com .
Old 11-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go with whichever one you think looks better. That's what I did, and I ended up with a Pro4. Sure a lot of people look down on it as a "lower level" kit, but I would beg to differ. A lot of people see the TC4 as a "lower level" kit also, but there is a guy at the track I (try to) race at, and it is a very nice, sleek car. As usual, you can't make a wrong choice buying a new car.
-Josh
Old 11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
Go with whichever one you think looks better. That's what I did, and I ended up with a Pro4. Sure a lot of people look down on it as a "lower level" kit, but I would beg to differ. A lot of people see the TC4 as a "lower level" kit also, but there is a guy at the track I (try to) race at, and it is a very nice, sleek car. As usual, you can't make a wrong choice buying a new car.
-Josh
You know people that think the Pro 4 is a low level kit, or you think they think that, I have never heard it called that.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I remember back in the thread that was about the rising prices of kits, that it was mentioned since the Pro4 does not cost as much as the XRay, it's quality and finish, or capability, is inferior to the XRay, or Corally (something to that effect). I also remember that someone categorized the currect TC kits, with "luxury" and "lower tier," with the Pro4 being in the (you guessed it,) lower tier category. I would really like to dig these threads up, but I would be searching through half of RCTech's database. And besides, I've got homework to do (like that's gonna happen).
-Josh

I found a quote from ApexSpeed about "lower level" kits:

I completely disagree with that statement (Added by me- this "statement" said that buyers either had to fork it out or buy an RTR kit). The "mid-range" kits are out there, but how many of them do you see at the race track every weekend?

Touring cars: (prices from Stormer Hobbies, found in about 10 seconds)

Team Losi XXX-s Graphite Plus: $189.95
Associated Team TC4: $209.95
X-Ray T1Raycer: $242.95
Yokomo MR4TC: $269.95
HPI Pro4: $289.95

Notice that both the Pro4 AND TC4 are in this list. Why? No one will ever know... Unfortunately, this is the only thread I took part in, so I can't find the threads easily as I'm not subscribed to them.
-Josh

Last edited by josh69162; 11-06-2005 at 08:04 PM. Reason: adding a quote