Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question for you guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Quick question for you guys...

If you have to move this thread, go for it, but I'm looking for input to try and get an idea off the ground. I want to try and expand R/C in the area I'm in and have an idea...so, if yall could check this out right quick and let me know, that would be most apprecieated. But, if it has to be moved, I apologize.

Alright..."clubs" start and end here like it's going out of style. There's the already heavy foundation ones that've been there for years....but anyone is allowed to start any club if they want.

But it doesn't necessarily have to be a club, it can simply be an "activity" accessable through the college students. Like a once a month activity for x amount of people AND my college pays for the van(s) and gas to cart people to that particular activity.

so for example....there's not a "paintball club" but there ia a monthly "paintball" field trip to a field in newberg. It only costs be 3 bucks and I get to borrow my friends gun and recieve 500 rounds for the day. Or I'm provided with a rental gun. And it's a whole day trip. for 3 bucks I can have all the fun I want.

SOOOOO.....what if I were to set up an "R/C activity" in which once a month or whatever there would be an "R/C race" field trip where for x dollars....x people can come to our (my) track and race their own or (provided rental cars) for a friday night club race. This way, we can bring new people into the hobby, and they possibly decide to upgrade on their own and buy their own kit/rtr setup.

I'm in the "400hp" club here at campus.....a club devoted to modding out cars. I mentioned this to the 18 of them a little while ago and most of them sounded interrested. But their biggest fear was that they would "suck ass" at driving r/c's. The other problem I'm forseing...is.....where do I get that many or however many rentals. To get this off the ground, I'm willing to lend out one of my cars for a night or two.

I'm not asking any of you to do this. I'm just asking what do you think about the idea....bringing new faces to a club race and having them mingle with a new croud. These guys I'm talking about are competitive, they're interrested in winning, so it's not like they'd be purposely wrecking these cars.

Anyway.....what do you all think???

Thank you for your time!!