Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About Zero-V discharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default About Zero-V discharger

Just want to find out my friends, how often do you use Zero-V discharger or similar discharger to recondition your battery?
Old 10-31-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Superdate
Just want to find out my friends, how often do you use Zero-V discharger or similar discharger to recondition your battery?

I use the Novak Flatliner trays... Usually after every run,I'll dump off my cells using my spintec and then I'll tray them.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ben.C
I use the Novak Flatliner trays... Usually after every run,I'll dump off my cells using my spintec and then I'll tray them.
then you will have at less 2-3 of the trays? cos each time it takes 3 days to recondition the battery on Zero-V discharger.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Discharge batteries with CDC V6 or Much More CTX, then I use my Integy 6s trays for 24 hours each battery. Then store till next meet.

The Integy 6s are the same design as the Much More Zero V and are about $20-00 cheaper!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Superdate
then you will have at less 2-3 of the trays? cos each time it takes 3 days to recondition the battery on Zero-V discharger.
There is No need to put your battieries on the Zero-v for 3 days, the longest i have ever put them on is 2 hours.
Before a charger(25min before) put the batteries on the tray, and then right before the charge, toss them on the charger, and there ready to go.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 AM
jas
Tech Apprentice

Do you need to unscrew the contact to the cell as soon as the light bulb goes out on that cell? Or just wait until all the light bulbs go out? I want all the cells to be as equalized as possible.
Thanks!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

is there a big difference between the zero equalizer and the zero 6? And do most people run a few trays.

This is a good topic for newbs as my endless searching has me more confused than ever before.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6g72tt
is there a big difference between the zero equalizer and the zero 6? And do most people run a few trays.

This is a good topic for newbs as my endless searching has me more confused than ever before.
The MuchMore Zero-V and Integy Zero-6 do look identical, but they are a little different. All of the contact posts on the MuchMore unit go through the top deck and connect to the bottom deck, while the ones on the Integy unit only do this for the end cells (1 and 6). As a result, the Integy Zero-6 will flex some when you tighten the posts.
There are no functional differences between the two trays, though.