R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Is it possible to convert a tamiya tractor (semi) truck into 4x4 or 6x6?

my plans for such semis are either making it off-road or drift on-road and some research suggests that drifting a 2WD kit is very difficult. so I have plans to convert the 4x2 or 6x4 to a 4x4 and 6x6.

the approach is "simple", grinding,sanding, etc the gearshaft B such that both ends have the same flat surface to grip the joint cup. the joint cup will then be connected to the front axle (which has a bevel gear shaft like the rear axle) via a dog bone or links (I have no idea what they are called) used in some multi-axle and 4x4 off-road kits.

I've studied the manuals of the semi trucks (man, scanias, benz actros) and the king hauler.

it seems the 4x2 chassis is basically the same for all the semi trucks except for the king hauler. same goes for the 6x4. I noticed the motor and the gearbox sits close to the front and the motor is basically above the front axle.

there's a limit to what I can find on the manuals and random chassis shots on google. so i need help from those who have such chassis to help me out with pictures or something to show how close the gearbox is to the front axle.
novaris is offline   Reply With Quote