R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 06-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #1126
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was planning on running wgt-r at iic again Bill, but if its wgt I'll use my race funds for another event or three Lol! Considering pro10 didnt have a full A i wonder why they decided to eliminate the wgtr class and not pro10? iic is expensive and you hardly get any track time so I think this year I'll try Snowbirds.
Gravity Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #1127
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Spec GT is WGT-R?
Old 06-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #1128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Spec GT is WGT-R?
Sorry to say; but, Spec GT is a touring car class with a spec motor and ESC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #1129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Not interested in a touring car class of any type.
RoyU likes this.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #1130
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Not interested in a touring car class of any type.
Ditto!
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #1131
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Well, I hope someone has the sense to remove their shoe before shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #1132
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
GT-R is our largest on-road class in Madison, Wi.

Appreciate a shout when folks near us have a GT-R program or large event...we'd like to travel and race other tracks and programs.

We could consider most anything in the Midwest...
Will you guys be running for fun the weekend of the 30th or the following weekend? I'll be up in Lake Mills, and may bring my X10 16 with me.

I'm just getting it put together but from the reading up I've done, putting the CRC premounted wheels and tires will cause issues with ride height being way off, and unable to get it down to 5 mm. I'm new to on-road racing so go easy on me, I'm still trying to learn. I want to get better, but I'm afraid of warming out my welcome. I'm fortunate enough to run at a track in TX with amazing guys and gals always willing to turn a wrench, or offer a few ideas to help you get a few tenths.

Would love to get some track time in old Sconnie..... let me know what people may/may not be doing.
dzydvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #1133
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

The track will not be open on the weekends during summer. We are racing Tuesday and Friday nights. The track will be open Friday Jun 30th and Jully 7th. Track hours are 5pm until we are done racing. You are welcome to stop buy on Fridays, we'll help you as much as we can. Getting ride height down to 5mm is all about shimming the from suspension and the rear pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzydvl View Post
Will you guys be running for fun the weekend of the 30th or the following weekend? I'll be up in Lake Mills, and may bring my X10 16 with me.

I'm just getting it put together but from the reading up I've done, putting the CRC premounted wheels and tires will cause issues with ride height being way off, and unable to get it down to 5 mm. I'm new to on-road racing so go easy on me, I'm still trying to learn. I want to get better, but I'm afraid of warming out my welcome. I'm fortunate enough to run at a track in TX with amazing guys and gals always willing to turn a wrench, or offer a few ideas to help you get a few tenths.

Would love to get some track time in old Sconnie..... let me know what people may/may not be doing.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:02 AM   #1134
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzydvl View Post

I am not familiar with the X10-16 but does it use inserts for rear ride height? If it does and it is a inch series axle maybe the Associated #4 ride height inserts would work. The would still have to fit the hole but they will bring a rear pod down to 5.5mm without spacers on a car they fit.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:22 AM   #1135
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey MARCCA guys - there is a carpet race in Muscatine, IA the last weekend in July. Practice Friday, OnRoad Saturday, OffRoad Sunday. FB pages for Island Speedway or Star Collectibles for info. GT-R is not a listed class but they would add for at least four in the class. (I will confirm if anyone is interested). USGT will use the Ride/ Gravity tires. One year old CRC black carpet. 3 1/2 hour drive, all four lane highway.
slots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #1136
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slots View Post
Hey MARCCA guys - there is a carpet race in Muscatine, IA the last weekend in July. Practice Friday, OnRoad Saturday, OffRoad Sunday. FB pages for Island Speedway or Star Collectibles for info. GT-R is not a listed class but they would add for at least four in the class. (I will confirm if anyone is interested). USGT will use the Ride/ Gravity tires. One year old CRC black carpet. 3 1/2 hour drive, all four lane highway.
Looks like a nice facility...recognize the Schumacher guys in the pictures.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
Old 06-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #1137
Tech Champion

Default The Madison Area Radio Control Car Association

More fun! 12 minute mains! Enjoy the race. In this race: celt, v_squared, Tazio Nuvolari, RMKinWI, Jeff, Giovani and me. We'll be there doing again tomorrow, racing.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #1138
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a blast last night and thanks for all the help with the car. I didn't finish last - just the last car to finish. What is better than old friends and RC cars?
slots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #1139
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Nothing more better than that Jim.

Quote:
Had a blast last night and thanks for all the help with the car. I didn't finish last - just the last car to finish. What is better than old friends and RC cars?
liljohn1064 likes this.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #1140
Tech Elite

Quote:
slots:

For a guy that hasn't touched an on-road car in how long, you're performance was remarkable in my opinion. We've all been doing this a good long while - your tires aren't even broken in yet!

It'll just get better...
liljohn1064 likes this.

Stan Garvin