R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree34Likes

Old 02-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #961
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
My favorite so far has been the Protoform Mulsanne cut 10mm taller than stock so it doesn't look like a doorstop. It freed the car up with less overall down force than the Sophia I was running when I switched from foam.
Only problem is that body or the Sophia are not WGT-R legal. See page 1 for the list.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

99% of the bodies used at this years birds was the PF GT40.I've tried everything old dude has tried . Also the Caddy(200) by PF works okay. The McAllister MXStang works great for me in my Foam car and it works very well in USGT (by the way it looked at the birds- don't run that class).
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #963
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
Only problem is that body or the Sophia are not WGT-R legal. See page 1 for the list.
And the Mulsanne is discontinued too...
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #964
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
99% of the bodies used at this years birds was the PF GT40.I've tried everything old dude has tried . Also the Caddy(200) by PF works okay. The McAllister MXStang works great for me in my Foam car and it works very well in USGT (by the way it looked at the birds- don't run that class).
It looked like all cars in the main were PF GT40's based on the video dumper posted on FB. One or two were hard to tell for sure but most were definitely gt40s.

Chris
ccm399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #965
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually in the A main there was one PF10 (red and black ) and one HPI Porsche GT1(orange). The rest ere GT40's. In the B 7 were GT40's (2- PF10 and HPI Porsche GT1).
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #966
Tech Fanatic

Thanks BullFrog. I wasn't sure on two of them. The PF10 was the one I was most thinking *might* have been a GT40 but the other I couldn't place.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #967
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
My favorite so far has been the Protoform Mulsanne cut 10mm taller than stock so it doesn't look like a doorstop. It freed the car up with less overall down force than the Sophia I was running when I switched from foam.
Per the Protoform website, the Mulsanne body has been discontinued.

Go back to the approved WGT-R bodies list on page 1 of this thread.

Brian Wynn (Dumper) just won WGT-R at the Snowbirds using the Protoform Ford GT body.

Bill
Old 02-07-2017, 03:24 AM   #968
Tech Addict

Those bodies are not GT-40s. That was a car built in the 60's and HPI has/had that body. The PF body is the Ford GT a completely different animal and the body that was run by the majority. I think I will try mine again but with a different spring package. To me the car has always been to stuck and it gets slower as bite comes up. It is good on a green track or low bite.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #969
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran the Ford GT, but I also had the PFM 10 with me. Things were going well, so I left it on. I'm not sure it is the "best" body, but it sure is sexy and it is also the newest so I assume that is why so many people use it.

I will be testing some other bodies in the not to distant future. And I expect people will be surprised when they see them.......
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:42 AM   #970
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankenj99 View Post
And the Mulsanne is discontinued too...
And there is that fact that the Mulsanne is not a GT body but a GTP style body and not legal for World GT-R racing.

BUt I have seen video of a guy over in Europe running a CRC Gen X 10 R/T, on CRC Rubber tires with 2s 13.5 boosted with a GTP body. It looked awesome.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #971
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
And there is that fact that the Mulsanne is not a GT body but a GTP style body and not legal for World GT-R racing.

BUt I have seen video of a guy over in Europe running a CRC Gen X 10 R/T, on CRC Rubber tires with 2s 13.5 boosted with a GTP body. It looked awesome.
I know it's not on the body list, but I'm the guy who started the class at our track and we often have to run in the F1 class when there are only 3 or 4 of us. I keep a McAllister DP Vette around for trophy races.

The Mulsanne having LESS grip with a low CG really smooths out the car on the black carpet.

I'll try the PFM10 next month, as it's really good in USGT as long as the body doesn't tuck in the rear.
Eddie_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #972
Tech Champion

Quote:
I know it's not on the body list, but I'm the guy who started the class at our track and we often have to run in the F1 class when there are only 3 or 4 of us. I keep a McAllister DP Vette around for trophy races.

The Mulsanne having LESS grip with a low CG really smooths out the car on the black carpet.

I'll try the PFM10 next month, as it's really good in USGT as long as the body doesn't tuck in the rear.
The PFM10 tucks badly. Dumper has additional bracing on the back of his PFM10. I am yet to do that.

Haven't ever tucked the back of the Ford GT. The extra contours at the tail prevent that from happening.

Bill
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #973
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to big_ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
The PFM10 tucks badly. Dumper has additional bracing on the back of his PFM10. I am yet to do that.

Haven't ever tucked the back of the Ford GT. The extra contours at the tail prevent that from happening.

Bill
been running the pfm 10 for almost a year and have very rarely had a body tuck. Just gotta trim them wheel wells out!!
big_ads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #974
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
Those bodies are not GT-40s. That was a car built in the 60's and HPI has/had that body. The PF body is the Ford GT a completely different animal and the body that was run by the majority.
Good point Ron!

My bad on typing the wrong car. I guess force of habit... Old school I guess... just used to GT having a 40 after it.

Chris
Old 02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #975
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ads View Post
been running the pfm 10 for almost a year and have very rarely had a body tuck. Just gotta trim them wheel wells out!!
Body tucks are coming from being hit at the rear (other drivers following closely) and/or tapping a barrier with the rear end (my bad).

Wheel wells are trimmed straight down from their upper arcs; so, no issue there. Sidewalls glued too.

Bill