Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree827Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NomadRacer
It would be extremely helpful if Protoform showed pics of this new body mounted (unpainted) on the CRC WGT-R/T chassis...
NamadRacer;

Sorry to be so slow getting these photos posted. As you can see the Protoform Ford GT fits the CRC chassis perfectly.

The biggest challenge I encountered when shaping the pattern/mold was the rear body post area. I had to extend the rear fender "pods" forward more that I wanted in order to have the rear posts come through the rear fenders in a place that was workable.

As you can see they come through the rear fenders right on the edge of where the unique add-on B-Pillar "wings" attach to the fender tops. These posts are mounted on the outermost holes in the CRC cross brace. I'm hoping that the SpeedMerchant and other chassis brands have their rear body posts located at least as far back and as far apart. Fingers crossed.

BTW - This body got the hugest response of any RC body to date on Protoform's Facebook page. I hope that with this level of attention that it'll help this class to grow and gain significance in the rc racing world.

Dale - Protoform
Attached Thumbnails World GT-R Rules and Discussion-pf-ford-gt-crc.jpg   World GT-R Rules and Discussion-gt-w-crc-body-posts.jpg  
Old 09-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daleepp
NamadRacer;

Sorry to be so slow getting these photos posted. As you can see the Protoform Ford GT fits the CRC chassis perfectly.

The biggest challenge I encountered when shaping the pattern/mold was the rear body post area. I had to extend the rear fender "pods" forward more that I wanted in order to have the rear posts come through the rear fenders in a place that was workable.

As you can see they come through the rear fenders right on the edge of where the unique add-on B-Pillar "wings" attach to the fender tops. These posts are mounted on the outermost holes in the CRC cross brace. I'm hoping that the SpeedMerchant and other chassis brands have their rear body posts located at least as far back and as far apart. Fingers crossed.

BTW - This body got the hugest response of any RC body to date on Protoform's Facebook page. I hope that with this level of attention that it'll help this class to grow and gain significance in the rc racing world.

Dale - Protoform
Great photos Dale - really helpful thank you!

Going to have to get a Ford GT shell for a scale World GT-R colour scheme. Will be rocking a PFM-10 in Vegas
Old 09-08-2016, 02:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by daleepp
NamadRacer;

Dale - Protoform
Imo this body is the best body you ever made and i ever see

One week ago i didn't know this class.
And since i ordered a Gen-X 10 RT ...
I think i will be one of the first to drive this car in France !
Old 09-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dale- Thanks for posting the pics. I have a body on order with you
Old 09-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Will a TC low profile servo be too much of a power drain for wgt r?
Old 09-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Will a TC low profile servo be too much of a power drain for wgt r?
Only if it's a High Voltage type. If the servo operates @ 6V it should be fine.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger
I've been using the Delta Plastics Panoz on my Top Rebel and like the forward bite but have been tempted to try the Caddy as the Panoz is a heavy body but great for durability, the guys at the track say it looks like the bat mobile so I'm tempted to paint another one up in that scheme.
You have pm
idbdoug
Old 09-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Are these bodies shipping yet? I ordered the day it posted on Facebook, still waiting to hear.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blankenj99
Are these bodies shipping yet? I ordered the day it posted on Facebook, still waiting to hear.
Lots of bodies mentioned above...Which body are you talking about?
Old 09-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Lots of bodies mentioned above...Which body are you talking about?
imo they are talking about Protoform Ford GT
Old 09-13-2016, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

I ordered a GT40 the morning of 1 September, got an email that afternoon saying "because the item is a new release,it will not be available to ship until 9/08/2016". I've not received any further emails about my order.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I ordered too a Ford GT and my shop tell to me it will be there on 6 october 2016
Old 09-13-2016, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pulling bodies & packaging them is very time consuming, and it looks like a lot of orders so it may be a while. That said, hopefully that means increased racers at the track. Plus there was a holiday.
My only concern is having a tracking number so I do not have to drive home to meet the postman every day. LOL If left at the door it might not be there all day.

Thanks Dale & Eric & co. Absolutely worth the wait.

Last edited by TOM MAR; 09-13-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NomadRacer
I ordered a GT40 the morning of 1 September, got an email that afternoon saying "because the item is a new release,it will not be available to ship until 9/08/2016". I've not received any further emails about my order.
That's my situation exactly. And yes, worth the wait, just looking for more info.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's my situation exactly. And yes, worth the wait, just looking for more info.
Name:  thumbup.gif
Views: 820
Size:  139 Bytes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.