R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 03-22-2016, 04:45 AM   #526
Tech Addict

You don't have to have blazing speed to have fun. Close competition is always better. On that note, this class is starting to move outdoors for some racers. If your track is very large I could see where 13.5 might be considered.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #527
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nutdriver and I already run 2S 21.5 setups in our F1 cars. I have 4 F1's, and 4 2S/21.5 setups (batteries, ESC, and motors). We thought since we already have them, why not try?

I've seen the WGT-R cars, and they're just too slow for my liking. That is alright for some. I already race USVTA, which is fun, slow, close racing on rubber tires with sedan bodies.

We may build some WGT-R cars and put 2S 21.5 setups in them just for fun.

Mark
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC4 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Bush River RC, The RUG at King, Ho B Max Raceway, Easley RC
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #528
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im looking into getting into this class, looking for advise/tips or anything you guys can help me with. so far im looking at getting the latest CRC 1/10th pan car, Team Scream 17.5, and maybe the Cadillac ATS-V.R body. Im looking at getting this ready for the 2016 U.S. Indoor champs here in Cleveland, OH. Thanks in advance
mumfmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #529
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have been waiting for the new CRC WGT-R kit to come out. Anyone have an update?
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #530
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumfmob View Post
Im looking into getting into this class, looking for advise/tips or anything you guys can help me with. so far im looking at getting the latest CRC 1/10th pan car, Team Scream 17.5, and maybe the Cadillac ATS-V.R body. Im looking at getting this ready for the 2016 U.S. Indoor champs here in Cleveland, OH. Thanks in advance
If you are set on CRC, wait for the new kit. After that, your planned gear is great.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:01 PM   #531
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
If you are set on CRC, wait for the new kit. After that, your planned gear is great.
oh ok well im not planing on getting it till later in the year anyway but at least i know there will be a new kit haha thanks!
mumfmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #532
Tech Addict

Dumper:
Any progress on the new car?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #533
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywhopper View Post
exactly. where's foam TC these days?
Gone. Rubber TC sucks, Unraceable cars, and crashfest mains. Anybody else remember being able to rub doors without one TC flipping off the track? Just sayin'
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #534
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Gone. Rubber TC sucks, Unraceable cars, and crashfest mains. Anybody else remember being able to rub doors without one TC flipping off the track? Just sayin'
Hi Ian. One of those days, eh?
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #535
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm having fun with the competitive nature this class allows indoor on carpet. You have to make a real pass and if the guy in front of you makes his car 8 feet wide, too bad for you. Not really concerned about speed when there is a train of cars actually battling for position.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #536
Tech Addict

Quote:
You should have seen our WGT-R main two weeks ago. For 7 minutes the top three were in line with less than 1 second covering them. A little bump between #1 and #2 and #3 was now #1. One of the better on road races of the season in any class. Good drivers, (no hacking) with the setup figured out makes for outstanding racing no matter what the tires or car type.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #537
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
WOW!
Somebody's bitter...
The crash fest has little to do with the tires. Rubber tire TC's require a bit more skill to drive well, I'd have to admit but it's not the tires fault.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yeah the crashfest races seem to be more here in the states on tracks that are put down on a piece of carpet the size of a billiard table. Not rubber tire issue.

Has anyone run their cars outdoors yet? The reason I ask is because if the CRC tires are basically a 571/572 combo, those tires should work very well.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Yeah the crashfest races seem to be more here in the states on tracks that are put down on a piece of carpet the size of a billiard table. Not rubber tire issue.

Has anyone run their cars outdoors yet? The reason I ask is because if the CRC tires are basically a 571/572 combo, those tires should work very well.
We run on a sealed and prepped with soda surface here in SoCal. The cars are money when set up properly. Either the CRC tires are much better on pavement or the WGT chassis work better than the F1 chassis do. My car is hooked up quite well but my F1 with Pits is white knuckle for 6 minutes. 😁
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #540
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
We run on a sealed and prepped with soda surface here in SoCal. The cars are money when set up properly. Either the CRC tires are much better on pavement or the WGT chassis work better than the F1 chassis do. My car is hooked up quite well but my F1 with Pits is white knuckle for 6 minutes. ��
I am assuming that you are running each car per class rules. I can easily believe your F1 is "white knuckle" because the power is so much different. I run my WGT-R in the class with USGT. They run the same power as the F1, but have the advantage of the USGT tire, 4WD and the 2 cells lipo power. My little single cell on 17.5 is not near the same "rip" from the corners as they have. Putting 2 cell 21.5 in my car would make it a big handfull as I have maximized the traction of my car and can not increase it.

Having said all of that, I think F1 should be single cell and take your pick of 13.5 or 17.5. The cars would be more drive-able and I think popularity would sky rocket.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote