Search
Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Old Checker

No actual timing numbers as this is the old checker, but I was able to find the sweet spot. Going up to the next timing mark decreased RPM by 2k.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Got to try out the Wgt R car with the CRC tires Sat. They worked great on the carpet. I think it will be a very fun class. Looking forward to the pre-mounts. Mine were basically egg-shaped. lol

Tom
Old 01-04-2016, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have seen so many people mess up the mounting of these and the TCS F1 tires. My secret is to use a slow set CA (Gorilla Glue CA works well) for the out side (flanged part of the tire). That gives you a little time to get it located right. I also mount that side without the insert in the tire. It isn't easy to put them in but you eliminate the chance of getting glue on the insert. The back side I just use normal tire glue.
Another hint, have a 104t/64p gear handy for the front side. After getting the tire glued and positioned on the rim, use the gear to apply pressure around the face of the tire until the glue sets.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I like the gear idea.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

I slide the tire on the rim up to the bead just touching the rim. Then I run a bead of slow set CA on the bead of the tire, not the flap. I use just enough glue to cover the bead and not slop it into the tire and not enough for the second phase of the process to make glue shoot out the flap. Second phase is to flip the rim and tire over face down. Push down and twist the rim while pushing it into the tire. The excess glue comes down off the bead and into the flap. Make sure the rim is set completely into the tire. The flap may raise up as the glue is not setting fast enough, but a little pressure and weight will lock it down. Give them a spin and let them dry face up. You can wait until the slow set is dry and then use fast set to tack the flap down. I use slow set on the back too so the tire can settle back to its most natural position. I give them a gentle spin on an axle shaft to make sure they are centered and balanced before the glue sets for the front and the back. Key is to not use too little glue. I let them sit overnight.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by old_dude
I have seen so many people mess up the mounting of these and the TCS F1 tires. My secret is to use a slow set CA (Gorilla Glue CA works well) for the out side (flanged part of the tire). That gives you a little time to get it located right. I also mount that side without the insert in the tire. It isn't easy to put them in but you eliminate the chance of getting glue on the insert. The back side I just use normal tire glue.
Another hint, have a 104t/64p gear handy for the front side. After getting the tire glued and positioned on the rim, use the gear to apply pressure around the face of the tire until the glue sets.
Originally Posted by NutDriver
I like the gear idea.
Thanks old dude
Yes, I will try it. After I bake the tires off, I will remount them.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I slide the tire on the rim up to the bead just touching the rim. Then I run a bead of slow set CA on the bead of the tire, not the flap. I use just enough glue to cover the bead and not slop it into the tire and not enough for the second phase of the process to make glue shoot out the flap. Second phase is to flip the rim and tire over face down. Push down and twist the rim while pushing it into the tire. The excess glue comes down off the bead and into the flap. Make sure the rim is set completely into the tire. The flap may raise up as the glue is not setting fast enough, but a little pressure and weight will lock it down. Give them a spin and let them dry face up. You can wait until the slow set is dry and then use fast set to tack the flap down. I use slow set on the back too so the tire can settle back to its most natural position. I give them a gentle spin on an axle shaft to make sure they are centered and balanced before the glue sets for the front and the back. Key is to not use too little glue. I let them sit overnight.
Thank You
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Any problems setting ride heights with a crc wgt-se when you run the rubber tire's? Especially getting a low ride height
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-05-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

You will need to add shims under the pod plates to get down to 5mm if using the stock pod plates. 1 package of #3219 shims will do it, you will also need 5/16" long screws.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dumper
You will need to add shims under the pod plates to get down to 5mm if using the stock pod plates. 1 package of #3219 shims will do it, you will also need 5/16" long screws.
Wasn't quite sure on SE
Thanks
Old 01-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Considering new speed merchant wgt-r and CRC-SE. Will the specialized speed merchant chassis have an advantage with the rubber tires??
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Considering new speed merchant wgt-r and CRC-SE. Will the specialized speed merchant chassis have an advantage with the rubber tires??
Thanks
idbdoug
Both cars are very good. The CRC SE is very capable. Dominated qualifying and the A-main at Cleveland. T.Q. and win.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Both cars are very good. The CRC SE is very capable. Dominated qualifying and the A-main at Cleveland. T.Q. and win.
Same results in Minneapolis at the MMR Challenge I believe too
Old 01-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Thanks
idbdoug
It's all in the setup. We had a run of Ebay VBC Lightning 10s we picked up for very cheap, 6 of them now, and an old 10R5 show up. The VBC is very similar to the Associated. There are also 2 of us with CRCs and 1 GT-4R and all are dialed. It really is shaking out to be a skills class. We had a 12 minute main with 8 drivers Sunday. It's a long time to concentrate and very hard to dominate when all the cars are within .1 or .2 seconds a lap back and forth. With that in mind, you should invest in a good 1S motor and a battery that can hold it's own. I'm not saying expensive on the battery side as Hobbyking Ultimates will do the job. I'm still shaking down the V2 Trackstars, but not having much luck... yet. Time for bigger pinions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.