R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree35Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #391
Tech Fanatic
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 829
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
When I got mine it was from a US warehouse. I guess they are out of stock right now. At the rate they re-stock it could be months before they are available here again.
Yeah. They don't even list it as being available from the US. I have seen them on Ebay but probably still from the international warehouse.
__________________
www.MBRSpeedShop.com - indoor carpet onroad and offroad racing in Roanoke, VA
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #392
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 372
Default

do you know where i Can find some GTR rims in europe ?
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:52 AM   #393
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
do you know where i Can find some GTR rims in europe ?
All of them start out at CRC in Rome, New York, USA. They are the only manufacturer, seller and wholesaler. Contact them for an answer to your question. I know they distribute in Europe but through whom I do not know. This product is ramping up quickly and is only 2 months old so good luck.
__________________
www.norcarracing.com
NORCAR @ The Gate
old_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #394
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 372
Default

Thanks that was on my intention, i'll try that
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #395
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,495
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Setup Help

Anyone have a good setup for the CRC chassis? There are a couple of us struggling with push at our club where other cars don't seem to have the issue.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:40 AM   #396
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Anyone have a good setup for the CRC chassis? There are a couple of us struggling with push at our club where other cars don't seem to have the issue.
The big question is which CRC chassis? There are several iterations. I run the Gen-X, the original. It has three front width settings and three wheel base settings. Usually narrow and short provide the best steering. Use the .45mm 1/10 scale front springs and about .03" to .05" of front droop. Caster is split with equal shimming front and back. I run trailing axles and about 1-3/4 degrees negative camber. In back i have .45mm side springs over the links, 50k in the tubes over the pod and the links are raised .030" in front to generate more rear steer. Center is 35wt oil and the red spring. My battery is in the back position with the esc in the front. Full SXT on all tires. I run either the HPI C6 or McAllister MX Stang and the car turns very well. This by the way is the setup for CRC Fast Track carpet and it works well on the new Fast Trak II.
Hope that helps.
__________________
www.norcarracing.com
NORCAR @ The Gate
old_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:53 AM   #397
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,002
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Anyone have a good setup for the CRC chassis? There are a couple of us struggling with push at our club where other cars don't seem to have the issue.
As close to 5mm ride height as you can get
1/10th 45 front springs .590 kingpin length
1.5-2 degrees of camber
3/4 to full tire traction
5 degree caster blocks 2 or three shims forward
trailing axle, short wheelbase
red or white center spring
10k or less in the tubes
.45 or blue side springs just touching
200mm rear track width
rear ride height you can go up to 6mm if needed to get it to turn

Does your setup vary from this? What body are you running? Did you get all of the bump steer out? Any info you can provide will help......

Brian
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #398
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,495
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
The big question is which CRC chassis? There are several iterations. I run the Gen-X, the original. It has three front width settings and three wheel base settings. Usually narrow and short provide the best steering. Use the .45mm 1/10 scale front springs and about .03" to .05" of front droop. Caster is split with equal shimming front and back. I run trailing axles and about 1-3/4 degrees negative camber. In back i have .45mm side springs over the links, 50k in the tubes over the pod and the links are raised .030" in front to generate more rear steer. Center is 35wt oil and the red spring. My battery is in the back position with the esc in the front. Full SXT on all tires. I run either the HPI C6 or McAllister MX Stang and the car turns very well. This by the way is the setup for CRC Fast Track carpet and it works well on the new Fast Trak II.
Hope that helps.
I started with the Gen X 10 Pro, upgraded it to an LE, then the 12th front end and now have a rear SE pod with WTF plates. I know have a Pro in bag with no standoffs, a complete rear pod and not rear axle set.

Sounds like my setup is similar to your recommendations. I did try a Transverse battery setup, and it was better (SE chassis is wide enough). I'm running .45 12th front springs and think they might be bottoming out after thinking about about what you said. I'll try the longer springs and 10th kingpins as recommended. It should behave more like my WTF then.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #399
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,495
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
As close to 5mm ride height as you can get
1/10th 45 front springs .590 kingpin length
1.5-2 degrees of camber
3/4 to full tire traction
5 degree caster blocks 2 or three shims forward
trailing axle, short wheelbase
red or white center spring
10k or less in the tubes
.45 or blue side springs just touching
200mm rear track width
rear ride height you can go up to 6mm if needed to get it to turn

Does your setup vary from this? What body are you running? Did you get all of the bump steer out? Any info you can provide will help......

Brian
I've still got 12th scale kingpins in and I think (know) it is bottoming out. The rest sounds pretty much dead on. I'll give it a try. I'm running the Protoform Camaro and have run the HPI GTR 35. It had the same issue with either body. I might have to run some of the old front Red or White springs until I can get the 8mm sets.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #400
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,002
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If you have side springs only, use blue. Make the kingpins almost touch the rim
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #401
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 723
Default

Lotsa droop. I take a little out but still run the .45 looong CRC springs. Funny my F1 and WGT-R are very similar in setup. F1 has the battery a little forward though.
__________________
www.norcarracing.com
NORCAR @ The Gate
old_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #402
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,495
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammdrew View Post
Last weekend yes, Car was exceptionally good. just carried so much corner speed that the fade was so much less through the run.
GT4-R Ships tomorrow. 3rd chassis type to try.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".

Last edited by liljohn1064; 12-25-2015 at 09:57 PM.
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #403
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 266
Default

Thank you for this Brian - with a long break from work it has been very handy to get my car ready for the Snowbirds

Car sorted, bodyshell finished and ready for a pre-'Birds shakedown run

The Official World GT-R Rules and Discussion-20151227_211624_small.jpg


Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
As close to 5mm ride height as you can get
1/10th 45 front springs .590 kingpin length
1.5-2 degrees of camber
3/4 to full tire traction
5 degree caster blocks 2 or three shims forward
trailing axle, short wheelbase
red or white center spring
10k or less in the tubes
.45 or blue side springs just touching
200mm rear track width
rear ride height you can go up to 6mm if needed to get it to turn

Brian
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #404
Tech Adept
 
jdob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Any updates on the pre-mounted rubber wheels/tires yet?
jdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #405
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdob View Post
Any updates on the pre-mounted rubber wheels/tires yet?
+++++1
This has been keeping me from spending $50 on a set of tires that I may ruin with my shotty glue job.
I prefer the pre-mounts primarily for this reason.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net