Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC4 OR YOKOMO BD >

TC4 OR YOKOMO BD

TC4 OR YOKOMO BD

Old 10-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation TC4 OR YOKOMO BD

Which car is the better. i currently run a yokomo cgm indoor on carpet runnig schumacher 24 sorex rubbers which car would i benenfit from the most which is the more durable which is the better out of the box any feedback would be most helpful

Cheers Colin
Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bitchmonkey
Which car is the better. i currently run a yokomo cgm indoor on carpet runnig schumacher 24 sorex rubbers which car would i benenfit from the most which is the more durable which is the better out of the box any feedback would be most helpful

Cheers Colin

Well...for the rug, the Yokomo has an extremely thin chassis. It wasn't designed for carpet racing. The FT-TC4 on the other hand was designed to work well on carpet. It has the stiffest chassis onthe market once all the screws are in the spine.

Team TC4 will be about the same as the Yoke BD for rug-racing.

Forget the Yokomo for indoors and pick one of the following:

XRAY FK05, AE TC4FT, CORALLY RDX.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rubber on carpet is a totally different ballgame to foam on carpet... If you're running rubber tires, the BD is not a bad car, because it can generate a bit of flex to give it more grip - which rubber tires on carpet need
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Rubber on carpet is a totally different ballgame to foam on carpet... If you're running rubber tires, the BD is not a bad car, because it can generate a bit of flex to give it more grip - which rubber tires on carpet need

Oh...good catch! I didn't really notice him saying he was using rubbers. I wish we used rubber in the 'States. However most hobby shops here continue the bullshit myth that rubber tires tear up the carpet, just so they can sell us foams.

Hmm...Tire life on carpet:

Foams: 2 weekends, maybe 3. Need tire truer too.
Rubber: 1 or two months with proper care, maybe longer.

God I hate foams!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We run on CRC Fasttrack here, Stock use foams and 19t uses rubber - the carpet is in as good condition now as when it was new. We've been racing on it for around 10 months at this stage and its holding up well.

The single biggest thing we've done for the condition of the carpet was to ban all traction compounds. We've not allowed traction compounds the entire time we've been racing on it and I believe its the main reason why its still in fantastic condition.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Oh...good catch! I didn't really notice him saying he was using rubbers. I wish we used rubber in the 'States. However most hobby shops here continue the bullshit myth that rubber tires tear up the carpet, just so they can sell us foams.

Hmm...Tire life on carpet:

Foams: 2 weekends, maybe 3. Need tire truer too.
Rubber: 1 or two months with proper care, maybe longer.

God I hate foams!
Any rubber tire I've ever run starts to handle markedly worse after two racedays. I'll take foams over that <shrugs>
Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

keep your cgm and get the new lcg convertion kit for it! i got it for my car and it is awsome!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

i would consider the tc4 because of the spare parts avaiability if something were to go wrong
Old 11-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

i knew this would be a problem there all good points but my bro has just baught himself the FT TC4 i like it the build was a bitch but no 1 at are club runs the BD i have some one runnig a RDX which looks too fiddily and i dont like XRAY why i dont know but i do the question to be asked is what car would i bennefit from more belt drive or shaft. We use additive on are tires and as for foams there too much hassle we found and we can make a rubbers last 2 months and the carpet is about 2 years old no rips or tears not bad considering we got it for free!

So i ask again which is better BD or FT TC4
Old 11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bitchmonkey

Cheers Colin
When i chose the BD I had a CGM also. I took into account that I was familiar with Yokomo setups and I had parts that would work on the BD. I'm glad I got my BD; i definately went faster with it than the CGM. The BD is a very high quality car and it is very easy to work on. I've never had any durability problems with my BD.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

bitchmonkey,

The BD is fantastic on carpet with rubbers. if you run modified then there is no other option in my view.

I race the BD and the only downside is the driveshafts. The TC4 is excellent dont get me wrong but ive now driven a few cars after the yokomo trying to find something better, Xray and Losi JRXS, niether are as good.

IMHO get the BD, excellent car.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

I race on carpet on rubbers, and I used to have the standard tc4. I bought a BD, and on its first time out I went a lap quicker (around 11secs), also bearing in mind the quickest way round our tack is with a front diff which the tc4 had, compared with the 1way+centre1way in bd, so there was more to come from the yoke, and there has been.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the BD works awesome with foams on carpet i dont know where u get your information from...we have 2 guys that race them locally and they are around B main status national race size
Old 11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

for you, (as someone pointed out earlier), it would probably be best to get the LCG conversion kit. The LCG chassis parts are specifically designed for indoor stock and 19t racing. It would also save you some cash on a more expensive new kit.

I would consider those listed by Soviet earlier. The RDX and Xray cars are currently winning lots. I'm getting a TC4 FT because I believe it is best for the class of racing I run (stock, rubber, carpet).
Old 11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would chose the BD. The Yokomo BD is easier to work on then the FTTC4. Parts may be easier to get at the LHS for the TC4. BD parts you can get from many places online. Both will work great on carpet with rubber tires.

Now, if the bling factor is important then the BD wins for sure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.