R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-25-2015, 06:15 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FastFred View Post
I'm sure heat cycles are the culprit that cause tires to age. Mbut track abrasion would be the number one cause.

Heat makes rubber contract so in theory a properly heated tire should grab the rim and foam insert tighter and be more consistent. Consistent is fast.

Any try a good heat transfer material for a tight fit and no sauce.?
I have not heard that this should be the desired effect of heating your tires. Probably the contrary.

Heating tires is just to get the optimum temp in them so they deliver adequate grip, from the start, instead of after a couple of laps.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Remember guys that you are really looking for the wheel and insert to be warm which will keep the rubber warm. You need to make sure the warmers are on long enough to heat the entire wheel/insert as well as the rubber. If not the rubber will cool down pretty much as soon as you put the car down and make it to the drivers stand!
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Anyone using them on F1 cars? If so which warmers are being used?
sipaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipaboy View Post
Anyone using them on F1 cars? If so which warmers are being used?
At our races people use the same tire warmers on their F1's as well.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Anyone using warmers for an F1? Which warmers do you use and how do you use yours?
sipaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am starting to think this will be the next thing to go at all big races. We now run spec tires and spec tire sauce, why let someone bend the spirit of standardization and use tire warmers?
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:33 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Anyone using warmers for an F1? Which warmers do you use and how do you use yours?
Yes. In the same way as I do my touring car. I use them always regardless indoors on carpet or outdoors. I use the muchmore warmers. The only time I don't use warmers is at some of the races I've done in Asia where the track temp is extremely high.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I am starting to think this will be the next thing to go at all big races. We now run spec tires and spec tire sauce, why let someone bend the spirit of standardization and use tire warmers?
I don't think it's going anywhere. I don't agree that it is bending any spirits etc as everyone (around here anyway) use them as well as pretty much every full size motorsport out there and they use 'spec' tyres as well. To me using warmers makes the car so much easier (read enjoyable!) to drive from the very first corner rather than rubbish for the first 2 minutes!
Old 08-28-2015, 02:24 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
I found that the MuchMore small tyre warmer cups are a slightly better fit on used F1 tyres, certainly provided you use thin tissue on them
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:30 AM   #25
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I don't think it's going anywhere. I don't agree that it is bending any spirits etc as everyone (around here anyway) use them as well as pretty much every full size motorsport out there and they use 'spec' tyres as well. To me using warmers makes the car so much easier (read enjoyable!) to drive from the very first corner rather than rubbish for the first 2 minutes!
Agree with you Dan Vector, our local track like many others would be hopeless without the extra grip created by tyre warmers, not to mention the carnage and frustration.

As far as DesertRats comment re tyre warmers bend the spirit of standardisation, totally disagree.
Les is offline   Reply With Quote