Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed) >

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Like Tree3Likes

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Old 04-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by phildoggg
I would use the 5700 on 3s but the 3800 would do 100 also with good gearing.
How much distance would it take to reach 100 mph with that setup?
Old 04-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
How much distance would it take to reach 100 mph with that setup?
I would say between a 1/8 to 1/4 mile.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey fellas , i am also trying to run the Poseidon 1700kv motor on an 8s set up , can anyone recommend a good esc to match ? Seem to be finding a lot of complaints with the castle and most esc's I find can't seem to run that kv motor spec on 8s. Any help would be really appreciated .

Sorry if I am cutting into someone's thread but I am new to this and found this thread with similarities to the info I am looking for.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

XL2 would be your best bet with that motor.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by phildoggg
XL2 would be your best bet with that motor.
Was hoping to find a different brand than castle but will look into the XL2 if you recommend it for my purpose............thanks!
Old 04-24-2016, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Warren007
Was hoping to find a different brand than castle but will look into the XL2 if you recommend it for my purpose............thanks!
Look into it quick. They are almost all gone.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

What is the best transmitter when it comes to the range or distance it can control a car for speed runs? I would like to stay under $300 with telemetry. The options I have come up with so far are the Futaba 4PLS and Airtronics MT-4 or if I can find a used Futaba 4PKS. Let me know what you all have experience with. What range have you personally have experience with or seen in testing?
Old 04-25-2016, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

What is the best transmitter when it comes to the range or distance it can control a car for speed runs? I would like to stay under $300 with telemetry. The options I have come up with so far are the Futaba 4PLS and Airtronics MT-4 or if I can find a used Futaba 4PKS. Let me know what you all have experience with. What range have you personally have experience with or seen in testing?
Futaba 4Pxx radios seem to be the best for speed runs since they have probably the most range. I use a 3PL which has around 1000 ft range. Works great for me.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

damn all those cars look hella fast
Old 04-28-2016, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Stick with the futaba's for long range had a 4pks that did great and have a 4PL that has been great so far, just installed a 9Dbi antenna have not done a new range test yet to see what i get.

why do you want telemetry? I know there's no way i'd be looking down at my radio when my car is at speed... Having a ESC with datalogging and buying a hobbyking gps unit would be money well spent.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Futaba all the way for distance. I run a 3pm-x
Old 05-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc4basher
Futaba 4Pxx radios seem to be the best for speed runs since they have probably the most range. I use a 3PL which has around 1000 ft range. Works great for me.
I started looking at the 4PLS, and then the 3PLS. The 3PLS is a lot cheaper. I was wondering if the difference in range between the two was drastic but I have not been able to find any information. I can't even find the range of my Traxxas TQi /wbluetooth. I am going to have to test it out next week.

Originally Posted by noproblems209
Stick with the futaba's for long range had a 4pks that did great and have a 4PL that has been great so far, just installed a 9Dbi antenna have not done a new range test yet to see what i get.

why do you want telemetry? I know there's no way i'd be looking down at my radio when my car is at speed... Having a ESC with datalogging and buying a hobbyking gps unit would be money well spent.
I like telemetry with my X-Maxx and XO-1 because an alarm sounds off when temps are too high. Otherwise I have to keep checking the temps and voltages. I am starting to think I will just need to manually check them from now on because the Futaba telemetry sensors are too expensive for me at this time.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone tried the Spektrum radios for high speed runs ? I have read they only work up to 650ft is the true ?
Would you say the Futuba is definetly the way to go or could I get away using the Spektrum ?

What about a gyro sensor for stability control is this beneficial for high speed runs ?

Last edited by Warren007; 05-02-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Forgot a question
Old 05-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Warren007
Has anyone tried the Spektrum radios for high speed runs ? I have read they only work up to 650ft is the true ?
Would you say the Futuba is definetly the way to go or could I get away using the Spektrum ?

What about a gyro sensor for stability control is this beneficial for high speed runs ?
Spectrum is notorious for horrible range. Don't go cheap on radio or in the end you will just end up spending more money on repairs from accidents happening from going out of range.

Some people use gyros but most of the time they become excuses to why the run didn't go too great from their cars being to wiggly and driving unaturally.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tc4basher
Spectrum is notorious for horrible range. Don't go cheap on radio or in the end you will just end up spending more money on repairs from accidents happening from going out of range.

Some people use gyros but most of the time they become excuses to why the run didn't go too great from their cars being to wiggly and driving unaturally.

Thanks a lot for the response .... I figured the Spektrum wasn't a wise choice but just needed to hear it from someone with more experience. I will go with the Futuba radio.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.