R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-10-2017, 04:50 AM   #511
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1 View Post
What rear wing is that?
Racer's edge RCE1020 with the back chopped off. Great wing for stability and less downforce.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:24 AM   #512
Tech Initiate

Thanks. I'm gonna put that on the list.

Edit. Found it for 6 bucks on EBay. It's on it's way.
Gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #513
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenP30 View Post
The cars weight WITHOUT batteries or body or whatever else is completely irrelevant! It HAS to be weighed ready to run! My mgt7e was 13lbs 12oz both times I hit 165mph! Since then I've been able to drop a pound by replacing a few aluminum parts with carbon fiber and used a lighter resin only where the body needs it rather than glassing the entire thing, it now weighs 12lbs 11oz ready to run on 8 cell! Phil, as I stated before it IS possible to run the CM2200 with really conservative gearing, the whole point i was trying to make is you're not going to get the full potential from the motor
Just weighed the car all up. 6000m 3s SMC 150c battery and body. With cap Pack. 7 lbs, 8 oz.s. Not to bad. Still with Vilneon 3500 and ESC. No added weight yet. I doubt I will need it in the 60 to 70 mph range at first. I'm sure when I add the parts for double batteries and the big motor and XLX it will add some serious weight. And a GPS.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #514
Tech Adept

Dang tc4basher, hate to see wrecks like that. Hopefully you found some good deals to fix it.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:22 AM   #515
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Well, made a quick run yesterday. The EZRUN Max6 is definitely holding back a TON.
I was geared for 130 or so and went 88mph with the xo-1 motor, before that was geared to 115 and went 98 so definitely some limiting going on there. My old ezrun 150a went 112 lol.
So in goes the XLX!!
I have talked to hobby wing try messing with the voltage cutoff
long island rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #516
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
Dang tc4basher, hate to see wrecks like that. Hopefully you found some good deals to fix it.
Its fixed. Just needed a new knuckle and rear arm. Motor and battery got destroyed in the blowover. Ran it with a Castle 3800kv on a tiny 3300mah 6s pack yesterday and got 132 MPH but the motor was 180 degrees F after. Waiting on another TP motor so I can go back to 4s.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #517
Tech Initiate

Yay glad it's up and running.

Got mine almost to the point of powering it up. Just some soldering and a few more parts. Shorter shocks with stiffer springs are on the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)-img_2666.jpg  
Old 02-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #518
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yay glad it's up and running.

Got mine almost to the point of powering it up. Just some soldering and a few more parts. Shorter shocks with stiffer springs are on the way.
Looks good man. I wouldn't try going too much faster than 100 MPH on those XO1 wheels though.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #519
Tech Initiate

They are wrapped by Banana Skinz, Is that OK?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #520
Tech Adept

I tried the xo-1 tires once...

GRP all day.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #521
Tech Addict

Quote:
They are wrapped by Banana Skinz, Is that OK?
Didnt notice the foam. You should be fine. Although my friend (udluuz on youtube) has blown at least 4 or 5 banana skins foams. Still much better off than with stock rubber XO1 tires.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #522
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
I tried the xo-1 tires once...

GRP all day.
GRPs I wouldnt recommend more than 125 MPH although they have been known to blow at lower speed.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #523
Tech Initiate

I don't think any of these tires are built for the speeds your putting them thru. Too bad Michelin or someone like that can't build a speed tire. I use to speed run full size cars in the Nevada desert. We lost some people due to tire pressure losses. When the figured out the tires were unseating the valve core under high tire rpm and the tires overheated due to excessive flex. They mandated metal stems with an o-ringed cap and the failures virtually disappeared. I wonder if the hollow tires are flexing under downforce and road contact. Maybe sealing in a bit of positive pressure would help. Maybe 4 or 5 psi.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #524
Tech Addict

Quote:
I don't think any of these tires are built for the speeds your putting them thru. Too bad Michelin or someone like that can't build a speed tire. I use to speed run full size cars in the Nevada desert. We lost some people due to tire pressure losses. When the figured out the tires were unseating the valve core under high tire rpm and the tires overheated due to excessive flex. They mandated metal stems with an o-ringed cap and the failures virtually disappeared. I wonder if the hollow tires are flexing under downforce and road contact. Maybe sealing in a bit of positive pressure would help. Maybe 4 or 5 psi.
Man thats some serious shit. BSR foams are pretty much bulletproof. Never seen one fail yet.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #525
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Man thats some serious shit. BSR foams are pretty much bulletproof. Never seen one fail yet.
I second this, been running the same set of BSR'S for the last 2 months with very little wear, every run in the 150's and above
MallenP30 is offline   Reply With Quote