Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed) >

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Like Tree3Likes

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
That is kind of good tmo kooo hear. I think I am ready to remove my TSM receiver from my XO-1 and rely solely on aero and a Airtronics M11X TX and RX. Here goes nothing!
Well if the tsm/gyro is working for you, might as well leave it. I use gyros usually on my 1/10 speed cars.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm done waiting for Evul Empire's 2200kv to come back in stock. What motors do you recommend I try? I'd prefer a can that has more than 3 screws ala Castle.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RepEvox
I'm done waiting for Evul Empire's 2200kv to come back in stock. What motors do you recommend I try? I'd prefer a can that has more than 3 screws ala Castle.
You got to try TP Power motors. They perform like Cordova/Neu motors for half the price. Ive had pretty good success with them recently. Went 157 mph on 8s with one in my Mugen MGT7 and 124 mph on 3s with one in my Team Associated TC7. Theres more in both for sure.

Check out TPPOWERUSA.COM. There's over 100 different sizes and kv's to choose from.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

How are you choosing your kv? Just based on my time on their website, the TP4060/4260 and TP4050/4250 seems to handle the most power in the 40mm form factor. I may just run 6s for a while so I'll pick one out before the weekend and try it out.

Last edited by RepEvox; 10-08-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RepEvox
How are you choosing your kv? Just based on my time on their website, the TP4060/4260 and TP4050/4250 seems to handle the most power in the 40mm form factor. I may just run 6s for a while so I'll pick one out before the weekend and try it out.
I choose kvs according to how many cells I plan to run. For 6s I would go with something in the 1900-2700kv range.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Grabbed a couple of their motors. The 4070-CM looks like it's marketed for speedrunners.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Disregard for now, might update later.

Last edited by RepEvox; 12-04-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow just read all 382 posts. So much good info on here. I have been watching a bunch of you guys on You Tube and after some research I bought a Slash 4x4 Ultimate to build my toy. I am new to RC but not to performance cars. I'm long retired now and just sold my 1 to 1 Jeep. So this is gonna be fun and relaxing.I broke my Slash into two pieces doing a speed run. Hmmm 55mph into a light pole. It just suddenly veered. On pulling it apart I found beach sand in the steering links. So much for bashing it on the beach. I have a SCX10 for that now.
So out came every bearing in the truck to be replaced with new Acer Ceramics. I needed a new chassis so I bought a stock replacement and started to put it back together. Buuuutt I saw the STRC conversion kit in Blue and had to have it. So you can't put stock arms on an aluminum chassis. At least i told myself that, so all new billet arms and links are going on it now. I had planned on just seeing how fast I can go on the stock 3s Velineon system then step up. Well I saw what you guys are saying on You Tube about TP: so I now have a 4070 CM sitting on the bench. 2200kv with a 5mm shaft. I bought a set of Banana skins foams on XO1 rims. MIP x duty shafts, XO-1 diffs with Hot Racing diff cups. Whew this adds up fast. Luckily I have a super awesome wife who is into performance and gets a kick out of watching me go fast. After many years of racing motorcycles and speed run cars in Nevada she is happy to have me driving by remote now. XLX is on the horizon as is maybe a home built speed body out of hand formed Lexan by a heat gun. Or something I can mod with sheet lexan. I don't know yet. Just know that you guys inspire people to strive for something that with some money and time is very satisfying. Please keep running hard and posting those videos.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)-img_2523.jpg  

Last edited by Gunner1; 12-08-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gunner1
Wow just read all 382 posts. So much good info on here. I have been watching a bunch of you guys on You Tube and after some research I bought a Slash 4x4 Ultimate to build my toy. I am new to RC but not to performance cars. I'm long retired now and just sold my 1 to 1 Jeep. So this is gonna be fun and relaxing.I broke my Slash into two pieces doing a speed run. Hmmm 55mph into a light pole. It just suddenly veered. On pulling it apart I found beach sand in the steering links. So much for bashing it on the beach. I have a SCX10 for that now.
So out came every bearing in the truck to be replaced with new Acer Ceramics. I needed a new chassis so I bought a stock replacement and started to put it back together. Buuuutt I saw the STRC conversion kit in Blue and had to have it. So you can't put stock arms on an aluminum chassis. At least i told myself that, so all new billet arms and links are going on it now. I had planned on just seeing how fast I can go on the stock 3s Velineon system then step up. Well I saw what you guys are saying on You Tube about TP: so I now have a 4070 CM sitting on the bench. 2200kv with a 5mm shaft. I bought a set of Banana skins foams on XO1 rims. MIP x duty shafts, XO-1 diffs with Hot Racing diff cups. Whew this adds up fast. Luckily I have a super awesome wife who is into performance and gets a kick out of watching me go fast. After many years of racing motorcycles and speed run cars in Nevada she is happy to have me driving by remote now. XLX is on the horizon as is maybe a home built speed body out of hand formed Lexan by a heat gun. Or something I can mod with sheet lexan. I don't know yet. Just know that you guys inspire people to strive for something that with some money and time is very satisfying. Please keep running hard and posting those videos.
Bob
Welcome to the RC speed run game Bob! Glad to hear the wife approves of this safer, faster and cheaper alternative to fast 1:1 cars.

Be careful with that motor. For a beginner I would recommend starting off with something milder lIke a Castle or Poseidon 2200kv as you get the car dialed in and dial in as a driver.

Good luck out there and try to keep them in 1 piece!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. The plan is still to get use to it on the 3500 Velineon. Then when it goes straight and I have maxed out the setup to go to a Poseidon 2200kv. Then when I am comfortable I will put big bertha on. I want to go to the Camarillo run next year. I am close by and am really looking forward to it. I will most likely use a Delta Plastik body in the beginning because they just seem to work. I also am going to have to buy some sort of computer because the XLX won't talk to a Mac and thats all I have.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks. The plan is still to get use to it on the 3500 Velineon. Then when it goes straight and I have maxed out the setup to go to a Poseidon 2200kv. Then when I am comfortable I will put big bertha on. I want to go to the Camarillo run next year. I am close by and am really looking forward to it. I will most likely use a Delta Plastik body in the beginning because they just seem to work. I also am going to have to buy some sort of computer because the XLX won't talk to a Mac and thats all I have.
Definetly sounds like you are on the right track. I like the plan of maxing out the Velinion system and working up on the different motors. I will also probably be at the Poseidon event next year. Good luck with the ESC programming.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

So check this out and give me any ideas or things you see wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)-img_2571.jpg  
Old 12-15-2016, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

So check this out and give me any ideas or things you see wrong.
Nice car man. Everything looks good to me.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Just ordered a TP 4070 1950kv to mess around with.
I am new-ish to the speed game, been mostly nitro but I've been messing with an old lx2e buggy that managed to get to 112mph with a castle 2200 (nothing special, but it was a challenge keeping it from taking off) but it's been fun now of course I want to gear it to hell and drop some crazy monster motor in, good times!

Almost forgot the video..
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Edit: just read through almost all of this thread you guys are monsters! love it!

Last edited by fdjizm; 12-28-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Good Job. Is it going to run a body when you put the big motor in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.