R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #301
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenP30 View Post
Has anyone tried Alien Power Esc's?
I dont really know anyone who has but Im curious.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #302
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Wow with a 2200kv? You can replace those caps on the XL2. Just make sure you have the polarities correct.
Yup, so then I threw my mamba x on there with the new firmware to try and run it on 6S and the esc shutdown to protect itself, overtemp
MallenP30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #303
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Wow with a 2200kv? You can replace those caps on the XL2. Just make sure you have the polarities correct.
I think it's because it was damn near 100 outside already, so not much room for increase
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #304
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I dont really know anyone who has but Im curious.
Yea me too, they have some serious esc's to choose from, all the way to 450amp that can handle 16s lol
Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #305
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yup, so then I threw my mamba x on there with the new firmware to try and run it on 6S and the esc shutdown to protect itself, overtemp
Oh I guess its not fixed. I know others' MMX that does that during a run. None of my Mamba Monster 2's ever did that.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #306
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yea me too, they have some serious esc's to choose from, all the way to 450amp that can handle 16s lol
If you give Alien esc's a shot, let us know how they perform.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #307
Tech Apprentice

After a little research I believe Alien is the company who makes those hover boards! The original boards not the knockoffs so they may be legit, they're based out pig Liverpool, UK
Old 07-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #308
Tech Addict

Quote:
After a little research I believe Alien is the company who makes those hover boards! The original boards not the knockoffs so they may be legit, they're based out pig Liverpool, UK
They should be reliable and well engineered but they will also probably have built in safegaurds that limit power like most electronic escs today (not just in RC) to prevent them from burning up in extreme conditions. My guess.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #309
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
They should be reliable and well engineered but they will also probably have built in safegaurds that limit power like most electronic escs today (not just in RC) to prevent them from burning up in extreme conditions. My guess.
True, but they come in all different amperages, the most I've seen my Mugen pull on 8S was 337A, so a 350a continuous esc should have no issues! Also as I stated earlier even though they fixed the power issue in the mamba x, it still has safeguards in place, I can't even get a full run in without it shutting down for overtemp, and I've ran my MM2 with the identical setup without issue!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #310
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
True, but they come in all different amperages, the most I've seen my Mugen pull on 8S was 337A, so a 350a continuous esc should have no issues! Also as I stated earlier even though they fixed the power issue in the mamba x, it still has safeguards in place, I can't even get a full run in without it shutting down for overtemp, and I've ran my MM2 with the identical setup without issue!
This is why I'm only using my MMX for my buggy setup with standard gearing and purchase something else for speedrunning. I'm thinking of buying one of these Alien Power ESC's when they come back in stock because the MGM ones are a little pricier. I sent them an email so I'll gauge their response and make a decision between now and the "up to 6 weeks" time it takes to get new stock.
RepEvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:17 AM   #311
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepEvox View Post
This is why I'm only using my MMX for my buggy setup with standard gearing and purchase something else for speedrunning. I'm thinking of buying one of these Alien Power ESC's when they come back in stock because the MGM ones are a little pricier. I sent them an email so I'll gauge their response and make a decision between now and the "up to 6 weeks" time it takes to get new stock.
Is that what they told you? 6 weeks? I see some of the esc's are out of stock and some are available for purchase on backorder
Old 07-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #312
Tech Addict

Their website says back ordered items take up to 6 weeks. No mention of the ones that are plain out of stock. Like I said I sent them an email, but I'm in the US so I'm 8 hours behind.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:07 AM   #313
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepEvox View Post
Their website says back ordered items take up to 6 weeks. No mention of the ones that are plain out of stock. Like I said I sent them an email, but I'm in the US so I'm 8 hours behind.
Yea same here, I also sent an email to find out how long it takes
Old 07-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #314
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Thanks man. Very impressed with the 2200kv green can!

Here is another version from my camera phone:

https://youtu.be/xe_Y3mmI6is
didn't realize the 2200kv could handle 8s.
stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #315
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
didn't realize the 2200kv could handle 8s.
It can't for prolonged periods of time. There's nothing stopping you from running a 540 can on 8s either, but you can imagine the rotor disintegrating. I destroyed my 2200kv motor on 6s though because it was approaching 54k rpm under load. 60k is the rating for most of these motors.