R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2015, 12:41 AM   #16
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default My Mugen MGT7E speed run

Here is a 123 mph 6s speed run I did today with my Mugen MGT7E.

https://youtu.be/tazYeK0CTVk

I havent seen anyone else doing speed runs with this car yet really since its been out for only a few months. Its a very solid car and I encourage others to try it.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 172
Default

OFNA GTP Twin Engine 131mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLQqs7qYXc
Twisted_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #18
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Here is a 123 mph 6s speed run I did today with my Mugen MGT7E.

https://youtu.be/tazYeK0CTVk

I havent seen anyone else doing speed runs with this car yet really since its been out for only a few months. Its a very solid car and I encourage others to try it.
shared it on facebook for ya bro,,
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #19
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

My slash 4x4 132mph!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaluDGcPOqQ
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #20
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
shared it on facebook for ya bro,,
Thanks phildoggg!
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:18 AM   #21
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
Amazing man! What motor you running in the slash phildoggg?
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #22
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default ESC Motor timing for speed runs

What motor timing in the Castle link do you guys run for speed runs? Does timing affect top speed a lot?
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #23
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
What motor timing in the Castle link do you guys run for speed runs? Does timing affect top speed a lot?
I don't like alot of timing. it causes more heat than anything. D wind motors do better at 0 timing. y winds i run no more than 10deg.
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #24
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

personal best with my slash this morning. check it out guys..

https://youtu.be/JTFZWTTXJA8
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #25
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
personal best with my slash this morning. check it out guys..

https://youtu.be/JTFZWTTXJA8
You are rediculous phildoggg! Must be the fastest Slash now?
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
I don't like alot of timing. it causes more heat than anything. D wind motors do better at 0 timing. y winds i run no more than 10deg.
How can you tell if a motor is "D" wind or "Y" wind? I'm currently running Poseidon motors.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #27
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
How can you tell if a motor is "D" wind or "Y" wind? I'm currently running Poseidon motors.
by the kv, they are all pretty much neu clones. if its a 1515 2200kv its a y wind. I think all posiedons motors are y winds. mine were/are.
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #28
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
by the kv, they are all pretty much neu clones. if its a 1515 2200kv its a y wind. I think all posiedons motors are y winds. mine were/are.
Thanks for the info!
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #29
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default Mugen Seiki MGT7 speed run 129 mph

Did a few passes yesterday. Best was 129 mph swerving to avoid a bunch of metal plates on the side of the road. Hopefully I can get some clean straight passes in next weekend.

https://youtu.be/ZTNWA-ON86Y
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #30
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default Mugen MGT7 speed run 135 mph

https://youtu.be/99se4C21LUU

Im making some pretty good progress with this car. Its responding very well to modifications.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net