R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #166
Tech Addict
 
1spunspur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Carquinez striaghts
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Castle's 5700kv 4 pole on 4s is pretty reliable and runs fairly cool and is capable of MPH's in the 120's in a 1/10 scale.
Thanks, you think a 120 amp ESC would handle that?
__________________
P./
1spunspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #167
Tech Addict
 
1spunspur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Carquinez striaghts
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
I don't think it would be safe running 4s in a motor that can only handle 2 or 3s. overheating, among other things, would be your enemy.
Thanks stick, that was pretty much my concern, HEAT. I've been seeing some motors being advertised as 1s/2s motors. I don't have the money to waste on unnecessary melt downs. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm definitely going to look into that Castle mentioned above.
__________________
P./
1spunspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:10 PM   #168
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1spunspur View Post
Thanks, you think a 120 amp ESC would handle that?
Yup 120a esc is perfect for a Castle 5700kv on 4s. I ran mine with a mamba monster 2 which is 120a and the esc never broke a sweat. Get a good heatsink and fan for the motor and maybe even the esc and check motor temps every pass or 2. If you cant touch the motor for 3-5 seconds, let it sit and cool with the fans blowing.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:34 AM   #169
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 89
Default Mugen mgt7 8S build

What's up fellas, as the title states I'm working on a mugen mgt7 eco build, just got the kit and in the process of building it! It's going to be an 8S setup, mamba xlx with Poseidon 1700kv! I just wanted to introduce myself and ask for any input at all as far as gearing goes, obviously I'm going to be running at least 1:1 ratio, just wondering if there's any mods necessary to do so and if so what! Also are there any bodies like the Serpent 977e body available for the mgt7? Abby info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mike
MallenP30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:39 PM   #170
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

TC4 basher is the mugen master with worlds fastest..
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #171
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildoggg View Post
TC4 basher is the mugen master with worlds fastest..
True....
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:24 AM   #172
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenP30 View Post
What's up fellas, as the title states I'm working on a mugen mgt7 eco build, just got the kit and in the process of building it! It's going to be an 8S setup, mamba xlx with Poseidon 1700kv! I just wanted to introduce myself and ask for any input at all as far as gearing goes, obviously I'm going to be running at least 1:1 ratio, just wondering if there's any mods necessary to do so and if so what! Also are there any bodies like the Serpent 977e body available for the mgt7? Abby info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mike
Hope you have better luck with the XLX than I did. This esc seems to have been severely detuned in hopes of less failures I'm guessing. Didnt make any power for me. Castle tech support won't even admit anything is wrong or respond to my emails after they told me to send them my data logs.

As for bodies, Deltaplastikusa has tons of nice speed run bodies for 1/8 GT cars.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:22 AM   #173
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Castle's 5700kv 4 pole on 4s is pretty reliable and runs fairly cool and is capable of MPH's in the 120's in a 1/10 scale.
thats good info to know and I understand that the 3800 can run 100mph too
stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #174
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
thats good info to know and I understand that the 3800 can run 100mph too
Yes. With enough gear and voltage a 3800kv is capable.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #175
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Hope you have better luck with the XLX than I did. This esc seems to have been severely detuned in hopes of less failures I'm guessing. Didnt make any power for me. Castle tech support won't even admit anything is wrong or respond to my emails after they told me to send them my data logs.

As for bodies, Deltaplastikusa has tons of nice speed run bodies for 1/8 GT cars.
By any chance did you run into any ESC fires with the XLX? I was looking into and someone was saying they had to return theirs because of a fire when running it on an 8S setup.
drivejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #176
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Yes. With enough gear and voltage a 3800kv is capable.
forgot to mention that 3800kv would be on 3s.

between the two, 3800 or 5700, which one to hit 100mph on 3s.
have you seen anyone run that fast on 3s?
stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #177
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
Hope you have better luck with the XLX than I did. This esc seems to have been severely detuned in hopes of less failures I'm guessing. Didnt make any power for me. Castle tech support won't even admit anything is wrong or respond to my emails after they told me to send them my data logs.

As for bodies, Deltaplastikusa has tons of nice speed run bodies for 1/8 GT cars.
Yea we'll see how it goes, I just need to get it up and running first, trying to get this spool together
MallenP30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #178
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post
forgot to mention that 3800kv would be on 3s.

between the two, 3800 or 5700, which one to hit 100mph on 3s.
have you seen anyone run that fast on 3s?
I would use the 5700 on 3s but the 3800 would do 100 also with good gearing.
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:21 PM   #179
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
The GT2 VE is a solid car. I have had mine up to 126 mph. But I have had major problems with center dogbones/universal shafts popping out and bending during speed runs. It has happened at least 5 to 6 times. Its come to a point that I am afraid to do speed runs because of this issue.
Where can I find a motor mount for a gt2 that accepts large pinions? Thanks in advance
chrisgtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #180
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgtoth View Post
Where can I find a motor mount for a gt2 that accepts large pinions? Thanks in advance
Ebay for like $40
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net