Pocket Pit lap timer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pocket Pit lap timer

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Under the "SETTING" tab there is a setting called "My Transponder ID". Set it to match the ID of your transponder then the app will speak the lap times recorded by your transponder.

If you are not sure the ID of your transponder, simply set it to "0000" and the app will update it to the ID of the transponder that is first picked up by the PocketPit timing device.

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
I picked one up from Zen Racing. I actually back ordered mine and asked them to send it with two transponders and Zen got ordered and delivered with no issues to the US.

I'm using android with the Timing Beam App on a Galaxy S2. It was super easy to get working except that I can't get the spoken lap times to work. It will announce the race start and timer, the welcome message, etc. but not the lap times. I've checked and unchecked the button for them with no change. I also tried both the google and samsung speach engines, adjusted the speach speed, and every other adjustment that I could find but it just won't speak lap times.

Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Would this little fellow bue suitable for Offroad Buggy/Shortcourse Racing? I often drive after work alone at the track and try different tyres etc. AT the moment I am filming and manually counting laptimes afterwards.

Edit: No Android support
Old 06-24-2016, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by man1ac
Would this little fellow bue suitable for Offroad Buggy/Shortcourse Racing? I often drive after work alone at the track and try different tyres etc. AT the moment I am filming and manually counting laptimes afterwards.

Edit: No Android support
The Android TimingBeam app works with it (costs £19 GBP). Should work fine for off-road, just position the receiver on a section without jumps.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm using the Timing Beam app and it works well on my Android.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

PP has been tested off road and has worked well. I believe that Lee Martin is now using one
Old 09-08-2016, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default How to install the IR Tx? (Pocket Pit)

Hi, I am not sure how to install the IR transpoder in a 1/8 buggy.
As you know the buggy has got a small tray to put the transponder, so Is it the place to install the IR?
More things, Is it necessary to make some holes in the body?
Is is mandatory to put another antenna in the car? In this case, What's up if the car crash?
Sorry, there are too many questions. The explanation in the web of PP is not clear for me.
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

For an 1/8th buggy you'll need to have the IR "antenna" outside the box for sure so that it's seen by the receiver. You may not need a hole in the body for it if you can fit it so that it shows through the window.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Here is another view of my mount.

It's just an ARC antenna mount, 50mm of antenna tube and 6mm heat shrink.
This sits on top of my servo, so if you're fitting to the chassis you may want a little more tube (though mine sits fairly high anyway).
I did use a dab of shoe goo at the base just for good measure.
Please, May you upload any picture with the antenna already mounted in the body?

I am a bit concern with this matter, because I know nobody using PP in my local track, so I am not sure how to mount the IR transmitter, I would need a picture of the IR with body. Furthermore I am not able to find out a picture of this in Google.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
For an 1/8th buggy you'll need to have the IR "antenna" outside the box for sure so that it's seen by the receiver. You may not need a hole in the body for it if you can fit it so that it shows through the window.
Thanks Troy, now I just need a picture
Old 10-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new firmware from RCRacingware

Hi, we are pleased to announce that RCRacingware has just released a new firmware for the PocketPit Lap Counter. The new firmware not only allows the logging of lap times produced by multiple transponders simultaneously, but the IR protocol of Zeppin Racing's transponder is also supported, making Pocket Pit the first lap timing system to support multiple IR protocols!

see: https: //goo.gl/Rr5JsC
Old 11-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pocket pit issue

Hi there, has anyone of you has had problem with the lap counter ie skipped laps ??
I'm no saying just one or 2 but 4 or 5 times during a 5 minute run. And worse still I'm not the only one having this problem ..... There were almost 20of us that bought the same shipment of this thing and had the same issue. And trust me we've try mounting it every way possible.....
Even tried resolving with the company , but to no avail

Last edited by Futaba4px; 11-21-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Futaba4px
Which company? I can check for any communication.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Which company? I can check for any communication.
Hi there,
my LHS has written an email to [email protected] regarding this .
By the way , it was written from rcplanet malaysia
Old 12-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there, has anyone of you has had problem with the lap counter ie skipped laps ??
I'm no saying just one or 2 but 4 or 5 times during a 5 minute run. And worse still I'm not the only one having this problem ..... There were almost 20of us that bought the same shipment of this thing and had the same issue. And trust me we've try mounting it every way possible.....
I've had the exact same issues. Missing loads of laps, tried mounting all over the car and putting the box at different points of the track but still no better.
Seems if I coast past the box it's OK but if I'm accelerating hard or going as fast as possible (you know, like you're supposed to) it misses laps. Like the vibration of the motor is causing vibration. I'm not convinced this is applicable to off road myself and I'm bitterly disappointed with my pocket pit lap counter
Old 12-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there,
my LHS has written an email to [email protected] regarding this .
By the way , it was written from rcplanet malaysia
Originally Posted by Gavster17
I've had the exact same issues. Missing loads of laps, tried mounting all over the car and putting the box at different points of the track but still no better.
Seems if I coast past the box it's OK but if I'm accelerating hard or going as fast as possible (you know, like you're supposed to) it misses laps. Like the vibration of the motor is causing vibration. I'm not convinced this is applicable to off road myself and I'm bitterly disappointed with my pocket pit lap counter
Can I ask that both of you email [email protected]
the problem will be resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.