R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2015, 02:56 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR View Post
Hi Guys

Got mine today, not having much luck with pairing with an IPhone 6+ it doesn't seem to find it in Bluetooth.

Anyone else using it with a 6+ or had any issues?
I use a 6+ with mine no problem at all... No idea what else you can check other than Bluetooth is on and you have put in the code on the back of the device correctly?
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi Guys

Got mine today, not having much luck with pairing with an IPhone 6+ it doesn't seem to find it in Bluetooth.

Anyone else using it with a 6+ or had any issues?
Have you tried putting the box's serial number in in the app's settings, then get the app to do the bluetooth connecting for you.

If you search for the box using the iphone's Bluetooth settings it won't find it.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:32 AM   #78
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Have you tried putting the box's serial number in in the app's settings, then get the app to do the bluetooth connecting for you.

If you search for the box using the iphone's Bluetooth settings it won't find it.
This might explain why I'm having issues

I did put the serial number in, however not sure how to get the app to do the bluetooth?
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Quote:
This might explain why I'm having issues

I did put the serial number in, however not sure how to get the app to do the bluetooth?
Turn on the bluetooth in the phone settings, then in the app, under the lap timer section, click the 'Auto' slider at the top.
Then a screen will appear with an option to 'Connect to PocketPt', click this and it should find the box very quickly.

You'll need to connect to the box each time you start the app.
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 09-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a retailer in the US that sells these? I checked around but could not locate one..
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakadachi View Post
Is there a retailer in the US that sells these? I checked around but could not locate one..
At present you can only get them from Zen Racing in the UK;
http://www.zen-racing.co.uk/catalog/
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 09-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
At present you can only get them from Zen Racing in the UK;
http://www.zen-racing.co.uk/catalog/
Thanks for the info, Skiddins.
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So when you're done with your practice, or each timed run, where is the data saved? Can you email it to yourself? And if you do email it, will a windows machine open the attachment and view everything properly? I am curious because the lap counting app I'm currently using, everything works great if I open the files on my phone, but on my computer it's all mis-spaced and I have to tab everything into place to be read it.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #84
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any chance this being android compatible in future?
battler82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #85
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
So when you're done with your practice, or each timed run, where is the data saved? Can you email it to yourself? And if you do email it, will a windows machine open the attachment and view everything properly? I am curious because the lap counting app I'm currently using, everything works great if I open the files on my phone, but on my computer it's all mis-spaced and I have to tab everything into place to be read it.
Currently you hit save and the data is saved in the app under the history tab. If you want to get a feel for it you can download the app for free and just try it out with manual inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battler82 View Post
Any chance this being android compatible in future?
No firm date. In the pipeline.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
Currently you hit save and the data is saved in the app under the history tab. If you want to get a feel for it you can download the app for free and just try it out with manual inputs.
Forgot I've already downloaded the app, just need to mess around with it. Thanks
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #87
Tech Rookie

Let's get a US distributor for these! Zen is out of stock.
lmwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #88
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure if it is in the works or has been mentioned before but a 'Min lap" feature would be great.

I used mine for the 1st time this past weekend at a club race ( med size carpet track) I found it to work very well, almost to well as the box would pick up the car in random spots on the track creating false laps, in the end my pit buddy found an angle that seemed to work 95% of the time.

A min lap lockout would solve this and allow the box to be placed in more friendly locations.

For example:

If a average lap is 10 sec's mine would record a 10.?? then a 2.?? then a 8.?? then a 10.00 for the full run. it was random and could have been when I was off line passing or whatever.. but if I could have set a min lap of say 8 seconds then it would have ignored the 2 second lap and displayed the proper laps every time.

Like I said you can work around this by having a friend change the angle slighly of the box in relation to the track but that is an extra step I would like to avoid..LOL I use to have the old ORION lap counter ( same idea ) and I am pretty sure it had a min lap time.

Overall I would give this an 10 out of 10 as my gripe can be fixed within the app.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If this gets compatibility with Android I'll buy it in a flash.

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #90
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
If this gets compatibility with Android I'll buy it in a flash.
This Android app works just great with the lap timer. However, it says your phone needs to have the new bluetooth 4.0. I am having great fun with mine

The following is a direct quote from the app's Google Play page:
Quote:
V3.1 TimingBeam can now work with PocketPit’s Lap Counting System

This latest TimingBeam version is compatible with PocketPit’s Lap Timer which uses the new Bluetooth 4.0 Low-energy (BLE) protocol. A new BLE scanning function has been incorporated into the software to enable your Android device to scan for any such BLE-based Timers. Because Android’s support for Bluetooth 4.0 was only introduced since Android 4.3, please verify whether your Android device has Bluetooth 4.0 hardware support if you plan to connect TimingBeam with such BLE-based Lap Counting System.
a380danzer is offline   Reply With Quote