Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats >

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Old 03-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default More ROAR Nats Pics

Just posted some more pics from the ROAR Nats www.pdubracing.com Click on gallery
Old 03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Don't be going all brokeback on us now RDX-Bill
Hey...It wasn't brokeback...It WAS broken-arms on my RDX...LOL. Way too many of them for sure.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:37 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DerekB
That's why we have regionals. Also wasn't there stock at this race. What's wrong with running stock and then stepping up to 19t and running with fast guys. That's the only litmus test if you're fast enough to be "factory" right? At some point you're going to have to race against the nations best where the top 50 are sponsored and you'll be in the F-main. So at that point do we complain that the average guy isn't fast enough for mod?

This is the NATIONALS, it's almost like having stock at the worlds, why? This is supposed to be the best of the best, not the best of the average. I'm sorry but racing at this level isn't really about catering to the slower guys. I'm actually more for having to qualify for a nationals and limiting it further so it is the best. Nothing pains me more than seeing people enter and can't even make it around the track at a Nats. A harsh reality check is that if you think you're the best in the world and end up in the F-main that's where you belong. If you want to move up, practice and race with the fast guys, it helps you get better.

Maybe on-road needs a stock nats like off road? Confuses me why we do somethings in one class and not the other.
I am not sure if there would be enough entries to host two extra nationals per year. This means we would have 4 Onroad Nationals.

One good thing about this is we could have a Brushless class at the Mod TC nats
Old 03-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Also-as a stock and Masters racer-I enjoy watching the Mod guys compete at any race I go to!!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Who is #1 Driver I U.S.

After watching some video of race and hearing everyones comments I have an opinion of who is #1 driver in U.S.
Someone who specializes in just one class of this industry can be called NO. 1 but someone who not only wins in other classes and has done so for different manurfactures in my opinion is the best we have.

Resume. 2 time Roar National Champ one-eight gas /BMT
National Champ in one-tenth Carpet. Electric /Corally
National Champ in one-tenth Ashpalt Electric /Shumacher
National Champ in Sedan gas / Yokomo
Multipal top ten world finals in electric and gas multipal classes....

The Answer??????

CHRIS TOSOLINI THE BEST WHEEL IN THE BUSINESS....

JUST MY OPINION.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thor
After watching some video of race and hearing everyones comments I have an opinion of who is #1 driver in U.S.
Someone who specializes in just one class of this industry can be called NO. 1 but someone who not only wins in other classes and has done so for different manurfactures in my opinion is the best we have.

Resume. 2 time Roar National Champ one-eight gas /BMT
National Champ in one-tenth Carpet. Electric /Corally
National Champ in one-tenth Ashpalt Electric /Shumacher
National Champ in Sedan gas / Yokomo
Multipal top ten world finals in electric and gas multipal classes....

The Answer??????

CHRIS TOSOLINI THE BEST WHEEL IN THE BUSINESS....

JUST MY OPINION.
Tony thats not fair............

Dad's will always have their kids back.....but he is a hell of a wheel and I dont think anyone will argue that.....

Barry
Old 03-22-2006, 08:56 AM
TLRacing

Yes Chris is good....not sure if he is the best. He may think that. He is definitely one of the best and it was good to see someone topple Paulie's carpet season dominance.

Great job Chris!!!

Just my opinion.....
Old 03-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

I think you guys all fly in my opinion.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
I am not sure if there would be enough entries to host two extra nationals per year. This means we would have 4 Onroad Nationals.

One good thing about this is we could have a Brushless class at the Mod TC nats

Why can we in off-road? It's because the Stock Nats in off-road is more for the privateer maybe local sponsored guy. Instead of letting the car win sometimes manufacturers ruin the class.

I bet if it was seperated that it would draw enough.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

WOW! I am just getting my head screwed back on straight after that week of fun. I am sure this has not been said enough, but Ruben and Crew put on the best Nat's... one they can be very proud of... one that is going to be hard to follow... the benchmark to measure up to. The momentum that they are going to carry over to the electric on-road is going to be a tidal wave.

I am so sorry to hear about Bob's truck and all the racers contents. I pitted across from them all week and got a chance to see Bob Novak in action. He's a class act and a true supporter of his products. It's sickening to hear of his misfortune.

I got a chance to meet many of my customers face to face for the first time and would like to thank everyone for their support. I got a chance to place one of my MS2X chassis into the 19t 12th A Main-6th over all and 4th in B Mod. Not a bad outting for someone that does not travel regularly to big electric races. I had to get a laugh out of the tech guys. They were checking the car out more then looking for clearances!

I am proud of our NW guys, they all stepped up to the plate. Korey snatches a "0" in round one of stock touring! Pete Robinson captures a nat's title in 12 stock. Pete also had his car in both stock and 19t touring A's. Trav Schreven also snags top run in stock touring. Darren Shank puts in a top 15 run in 19t Touring. Oh, I took home a 6th in 19t 12th.

Without a doubt, the mod touring was the best show. Watching Chris and Paul race for 10 minutes seperated by a shoe string was the making of great races that will be talked about. The crowd was into it as well. Individual drivers got cheers for positions. And as an added bonus, I wittnessed some acts of good sportmanship.

What a show!
bb
Old 03-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Personally I don't think you can point out one guy as "The Best." There's too many variables at every race. Bad luck, minor mistake, back markers, etc... Plus, drivers excel at different things. Some are better on carpet, some on asphalt, some like tight narrow tracks, some like big wide open tracks.

Toso is defiantly one of the best. But so are Paul L., Todd, Barry, Burch, Dumas, Teemu, Hara, Reinhardt, etc... They're all so close you can't really call one of them "The Best." That's what makes watching the factory races so awesome.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why can we in off-road? It's because the Stock Nats in off-road is more for the privateer maybe local sponsored guy. Instead of letting the car win sometimes manufacturers ruin the class.

I smell an editorial in the next issue of EX ARE SEE MAG, maybe even an article about the subject
Old 03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would like to see what Barry can do in one of the belt cars like the RDX, 415, T2, Hotbodies, or the MI2. Seems like the Associated car is far from competitive now and the only reason it does as well as it does is because of a Driver like Barry
Old 03-22-2006, 09:20 AM
TLRacing

The pro of this idea is it would let us manufacturers go to the "Stock/19T" Nats and help our users with their cars.

The con....we would see a smaller turnout at mod TC nats....however if we were to implement a pro class then more of the privateers may want to come to it.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by f1larry
I would like to see what Barry can do in one of the belt cars like the RDX, 415, T2, Hotbodies, or the MI2. Seems like the Associated car is far from competitive now and the only reason it does as well as it does is because of a Driver like Barry

Someone is always getting the shaft here...LOL.

I think the AE car can win....it was the most dominant car for 5 years on carpet.

I mean if we(Losi) are making mains with short arms and the battery down the center(considering some think this is wrong)...the AE car should be able to get into those mains.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.