Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats >

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Old 02-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
My age???? Aren't you the one running in the Masters Class Grandpa?

LMAO!
TOASTY!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
My age???? Aren't you the one running in the Masters Class Grandpa?

LMAO!
What did I tell you about the "G" word? ....oh look, you're not in 19T and the class is full
Old 02-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default which brushless motors are legal for the Nats?

Just wondering (to avoid some of the trauma of last year) which brushless motors will be legal?

Reading the ROAR rules it says that the name of a hobby shop that has that particular model in stock available for purchase needs to be available.

I just bought a Novak 4.5R from a hobby shop, which models of the Reedy/LRP are available for purchase?

I'm not sponsored by anyone (for very valid reasons), so I want to buy a Reedy/LRP if the Reedy Neo 5 Star is available to try it out also.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barrys
Just wondering (to avoid some of the trauma of last year) which brushless motors will be legal?

Reading the ROAR rules it says that the name of a hobby shop that has that particular model in stock available for purchase needs to be available.

I just bought a Novak 4.5R from a hobby shop, which models of the Reedy/LRP are available for purchase?

I'm not sponsored by anyone (for very valid reasons), so I want to buy a Reedy/LRP if the Reedy Neo 5 Star is available to try it out also.
As far as I knew, it had to be on the ROAR approved list:

http://www.roarracing.org/approvals/smotor.php
Old 02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barrys

Barry,

The brushless motors are approved just like a normal mod motor as a tear down. So the NEO and the Novak are legal no matter what turn they are.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brian Anthony? Names seems familiar. Didn't he use to race with another guy named Greg?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Brian Anthony? Names seems familiar. Didn't he use to race with another guy named Greg?

Oh great guilt by association...lol And the answer is yes.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

St. Clair Shores! I was married there...kind of...Just 3 minutes before tying the knot, the judge told me he may not be authorized to marry us out of his judicial district...Had me wondering the whole ceremony.

Didn't know it was legit for about a week!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
As far as I knew, it had to be on the ROAR approved list:

http://www.roarracing.org/approvals/smotor.php
The can on the 4.5 looks to be a little different than the already approved can for the 5.5 and 6.5. Not sure what ROAR considers a new can, but it looks like the 4.5 has some lathework done to it.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys after sorting thru all the late entries, last minute mail in's from last week and the two entries that I missplaced the 2006 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nats are damn near a sell out. We have one 1/12 Mod spot left. 279 entries currently. This has to be the bigest on-road electric national in the last 10 years.

Stay tuned to our www.2006roarnats.com website for a ful down to the minute schedule for the entire event, as well as a complete building and track layout. We will aso be posting a full list of what will be teched at the race as well as pics of all the equipment used for tech, this all should be on-line by next weekend.

The last remaining mod 1/12 spot will be opened after midnight tonight for entry.

See ya all in 3 weeks.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

OK, she's opened back up for online signup of that last spot. And remember you can signup up online for the paved on road electric nats as well at www.2006RoarNats.com, we are expecting the paved nats to be every bit a sell out as the carpet nats, so signup early to secure your spot.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
The can on the 4.5 looks to be a little different than the already approved can for the 5.5 and 6.5. Not sure what ROAR considers a new can, but it looks like the 4.5 has some lathework done to it.
its slighly milled for better cooling / weight

all novak velociti brushless systems are leagl for the nats

from the roar motor list

Modified Novak Novak Brushless 1050 Tearddown, bare Al can ends, purple band 3/28/2005
Modified Novak Novak Brushless Velociti bare al can ends, purple band 9/19/2005
Old 02-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
Ok guys after sorting thru all the late entries, last minute mail in's from last week and the two entries that I missplaced the 2006 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nats are damn near a sell out. We have one 1/12 Mod spot left. 279 entries currently. This has to be the bigest on-road electric national in the last 10 years.

Stay tuned to our www.2006roarnats.com website for a ful down to the minute schedule for the entire event, as well as a complete building and track layout. We will aso be posting a full list of what will be teched at the race as well as pics of all the equipment used for tech, this all should be on-line by next weekend.

The last remaining mod 1/12 spot will be opened after midnight tonight for entry.

See ya all in 3 weeks.
With the amount of people signed up for this event I feel that both practice days should be controlled practice set up by the heats we will be in for qualifying. Regardless of how many racers may or may not show up for that first day. A track full of 7x1 and some stock 12th scales mixed in with a few stock TC's sounds like a nightmare of broken parts.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
With the amount of people signed up for this event I feel that both practice days should be controlled practice set up by the heats we will be in for qualifying. Regardless of how many racers may or may not show up for that first day. A track full of 7x1 and some stock 12th scales mixed in with a few stock TC's sounds like a nightmare of broken parts.
I agree.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pops
I agree.
I also completely agree!!! Would make for a much better event

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.