R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #16
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the_barbarian
...xray...i reckon the c-hubs are cheap peices of garbage just look at them and they explode
A little editing to the quote and he looks a whole lot smarter...LOL
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

That's pretty immature, BlackKat...everyone is entitled to their own opinion..you've voiced yours...why try to misrepresent someone else's?

I don't have a problem with my Xray C-hubs...maybe you should try staying off the walls?
Team Tekin
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have seen the X-Ray '05 take some hard hits, like straight into a wall off of a straight away. No damage.

TC3/4's, big hit's, no damage.

Pro4's, big hit's, no damage.

I have also seen all of them take little hits and take damage. You really can't go wrong with any of the cars you've listed. Just leave it to whatever your local shop has support for, and what you feel comfortable with driving.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #19
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have had excelent luck with all 3 cars.they are all extremely competitive and you will be fine with any of them.the Xray is the most durable and easy to drive.the pro4 is a really smoothe driving shaft car and the tc4 is kinda snappy but works great. The TC4 plastic tub does sometimes come tweaked a bit but i just would compensate with suspension adjustments. I only ran my TC4 for a few weekend with the stock tub being that i Make a chassis kit for it.Once i put my chassis kit on it i never had any tweak problems.
I would just go with the car that your LHS carries parts for.all 3 cars are great.
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:20 PM   #20
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

I have had good luck with the durability of the Pro4, and other's at the track have been really impressed. I recently got hit by a 1/8th while I was turning off the back straight (he was doing probably 65-70mph). When I got hit, my car didn't even move, but somehow my rear right quarter of my car ended up about 70 feet down track. It snapped the shock tower in half, ripped the suspension arm off the hinges, and popped off the ball cup on my shock. Needless to say, he was mad at himself, but was extremely impressed that the shock tower and arm was the only thing that broke. He was worried he was going to have to buy me a new chassis, to say the least. When I got back to the pits, I got several more compliments on the durability of my car. Everyone (myself excluded) thought the car was absolutely demolished. But later that day (stressing Scottmisfits point on small hits, taking damage) I met with a Cyclone in the chicane, taking a hit and breaking a caster block and a knuckle. I really wasn't expecting it, and was very suprised it broke. A lot of breaking depends on how and where you get hit, and at what angle and speed. There's also luck...
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:30 AM   #21
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im goin the pro 4 it seems some pros at the track i wanna race at as for the fk04 every one over here is runnign em and i dont get why, only one store has parts and i know one store has hpi parts (the onwer runs a pro 4) i was just checking and i do agree that they may break bevel gears but i honestly think its simming unless the bevel littteraly falls to pieces, then i think it shimming this will be my first competitive touring car so far i havnt broke a single thing on my tl-01 just rims ive tore the centre out of thing. the car is so tweaked it wonders all over the show (ive checked the trims there spot on), i even handed it to the local pro and he just shook his head in disbelief that bad,
sure fk05 are fast but how many time has hara one? the car can do it besides i like a challenge
if i had unlimtied budget my fav car is a tbevo 4 ms and after comparing a pro 4 is as good so this is close enough to my dream car.

ur thoughts? is a carbon chassis car i good idea to learn to drive? like i can get round and dont hits walls i just have a habbit of betting airborn of the markers? is the pro 4 a good tough (suspension wise)car? i know belts have the forgiving respnse but i like sliding the rear around for a bit of fun
does it matter if i run rubber tires?? im not running on carpet, ever! so foams are unlikekly.
and im running a stick packs and a stock tamiya motor so i dont think ill be pushing as hard as u mod guys.
any way let me know any hints maybe some practice techniques and maintence tips?
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:04 AM   #22
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

lol hara could run a tt01 and win

the guy is a machine
I've tried the rest but XRAY is the best 555
the_barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote