R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Accomplishments.... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/88710-accomplishments.html)

R/C Anonymous 10-28-2005 04:21 PM

Accomplishments....

Have you ever wondered where some peoples' opinions on cars come from?

For instance: Driver A says his new car he bought or just sold is crap cause it doesn't turn or spins out, blah,blah, it isn't fast enough and alot of others tend to believe these people.

Is Driver A a new guy that doesn't know how to make adjustments to the car to suit his racing style? Does he just repeat what others have told him and then believes it himself?

I see alot of guys on here talk about cars in general and how they are slow when in reality they just can't drive very good themselves.

I think this thread should list your accomplishments in the R/C World so that people know if they are talking to an "internet racer" or someone that actually knows how to drive CONSISTENTLY and has accomplished something in this hobby.

T. Thomas 10-28-2005 08:00 PM

I loe the people who when first see a design and judge it on how it looks instead of how it performs. It is almost as if they are trying to win a car show instead of a race.

Mr. Shookie 10-28-2005 08:09 PM

MY accomplishments are to include......

Hit every dot at SoCal
Over spent my monthly allowance for RC on Sorex tires.
Farted on the drivers stand to distract the leader.:D
Naw just playing....I am just a sportsman level racer that races for fun and the all out love of this hobby....
Oh yea I placed 4th place in the G main at KO Propo Grand prix 2005 :D
-Shookie <><

Soviet 10-28-2005 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
I loe the people who when first see a design and judge it on how it looks instead of how it performs. It is almost as if they are trying to win a car show instead of a race.

Cough, TC4, Cough! :rolleyes: :smile:

I've raced off and on for nearly 15 years. Won several races. Usually mid-pack A-Mainer.

Don't have the time to become the uber-driver I could be. ;)

fathead 10-29-2005 04:05 AM

Just won my local indoor carpet clubs mod championship running a TC4 on foams, it is absolutely dialed, but hopefully my new FT TC4 should be arriving next week :D

sosidge 10-29-2005 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
after "Alien"...

UNSTABLE 10-29-2005 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by fathead
Just won my local indoor carpet clubs mod championship running a TC4 on foams, it is absolutely dialed, but hopefully my new FT TC4 should be arriving next week :D

Yep, Fathead is pretty quick on the rug!! Not bad for a car that's not supposed to work on carpet :lol: .

He's got one of those ugly, blacksheep Losi's on his tail now though :sneaky:

R/C Anonymous 10-30-2005 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by sosidge
after "Alien"...

lol

as for my own accomplishments(which i guess i can add)

Novak Race in Milwaukee @ Trackside i got 2nd and 7th in the A-mains in TC stock and a 1st in the B main(3 different years)
at another national race there i got in the A main but forgot which place i took :rolleyes:

and im usually in the top few in the A at the local track :tire:

gporta77 10-30-2005 10:32 AM

r

i think its hilarious and rediculous to see peoples singnatures listing every single car they have, what servo their running, what esc, what guage wire, what brand shock oil their running in it....who cares....just list your cars and be done with it, no one cares about all the namedropping of equipment you have

THE DARKSIDE 10-31-2005 11:19 AM

Just paying the bills you know.... :lol:

ChadCapece 10-31-2005 11:28 AM

I usually run near the top of the A in club races and trophy races in the Carolinas. Not much national level experience.

Jack Smash 10-31-2005 11:50 AM

I wonder if Shane could put a spot in the member profiles for accomplishments, instead of us having to put a resume up on here.

ralph_c 10-31-2005 11:59 AM

I agree about some people judging cars out the box. It's taken me about 6 months to get my car dialed (yesterday). I always wonder how magazines can come out with accurate performance tests, when they often only seem to comment on one meetings racing. It annoys me when people start selling their 3 week old TC4 FT's because it 'doesn't suit them'.

I'm definately not yet consistent (nervous when I'm high in the A finals - havent been racing that long and im only 16), but I know quite well how a car setup can be changed very slightly and become a million times better on the track.

LasagnaCat 10-31-2005 12:21 PM

The problem with this premise is that it implies that you need to be a racer to know what you're doing or be able to properly setup/drive a vehicle or give advice or valid suggestions/opinions. I'm sure everyone here knows someone that may finish well on a regular basis, but they'd be the LAST person you go to for advice. On the flip side, there are plenty of people that are lousy drivers (or may not even drive at ALL) that can still be knowledgable and experienced in the r/c field - such as the parents that maintain cars for their children for example, or someone that can wind a motor or match a battery - their own personal finishing spots would mean almost nothing compared to how their *product* runs. Again they'd be able to offer sound advice, none of which would have to have driving ability or finishing order as a qaulifying factor.

A thread like this just seems to be more of an opportunity for people to toot their own horns rather than actually being useful in ANY way/shape/form for how to qualify someone to give advice.

Now if you could find a way to get people to stop the "I own <brand x> so that's what you should buy and it's the greatest <whatever> ever and you NEED one and the thing you just spent your hard earned money on is junk because *I* don't own one and your <whatever> came out last week and mine came out THIS week and is therefore better and.. and.. and..." posts... I'm all for that. :)

Ramyuras 10-31-2005 12:44 PM

I must say that for me racing these car's is just for fun and not an Accomplishment, Accomplishment for me is much greater that racing RC Car's, it's for me to be Financially secure for now and the rest of my life here on earth, Accomplishment for me is to help my human brother when he is down and see it through, Accomplishment is to get my Kid's the necessary and stable Education so they can have no need's in life, and i could go on but these are to an Accomplishment, not racing RC Car's. :nod: :lol: