Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guy's I have read most of this thread and read that some of you were having problems with the belt falling off and I saw that 3racings sent out a new part but I am looking to get a RWD version but I was looking on ebay and found this bearing with raised edges.

search the number below on ebay and it will bring it up:

For the people with the caster angle on the RWD you may have seen it but rather than retrofitting another cars knuckles boom racing have made these with multiple position for the top arm so the geometry can be changed.

part number:
BR921COMBO5PK
Old 11-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heisenburgerd
>8 SNIPED 8<

For the people with the caster angle on the RWD you may have seen it but rather than retrofitting another cars knuckles boom racing have made these with multiple position for the top arm so the geometry can be changed.

part number:
BR921COMBO5PK
The Boom Racing knuckles have limited KPI options. though Sakura D4's look the same, I would get the later instead. The Usukani Knuckles are way better and just ordered one for more setup options.

This is my current setup showing the boom racing knuckles...

Old 11-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fernando427
What are "kpi knuckles". Where can i get them?
KPI (King Pin Inclination) knuckles allow you to mount the king pin on different mounting points for more setup options.

here is MST's KPI Knuckles...

http://www.maxspeedtechnology.co.uk/...l-colours.html
Old 11-28-2015, 12:58 PM

Which center pulleys are you guys running? Is the ball diff. a good upgrade?
Old 11-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Heisenburgerd
Hi guy's I have read most of this thread and read that some of you were having problems with the belt falling off and I saw that 3racings sent out a new part but I am looking to get a RWD version but I was looking on ebay and found this bearing with raised edges.

search the number below on ebay and it will bring it up:

part number:
BR921COMBO5PK
3 racing D4 alum upgrade knuckles have 4holes for dif kpi AND 4 or so for diffent steering link placement at an affordable price (about $30) compared to using some of the other alternatives... loving them. i switched to 15degree castor bulkhead tops so the new knuckles are almost a must (reduces nec camber anyway to get decent contact patch on the front lead tire (stock types with 7degree angles/mst tyres)
http: //i139.photobucket. com/albums/q312/beaglemaster/Sakura%20D4%20RWD/IMG_5670.jpg

Also im trying out 38t rear gear dif with the stock 16t center pulley and the xi sport 177t belt. works great!

(the ball dif would probably be cool, but if you've worked on other rc's you may know ball difs can require maintenance sometimes... open dif, little metal balls on metal, plus dirt... one benefit would be the available size options of the gear you use on the ball dif... with the gear dif, you have 38,39,and40 to choose from.. (not sure if they have a larger size than 40t).

http: //i139.photobucket. com/albums/q312/beaglemaster/Sakura%20D4%20RWD/IMG_5684.jpg

(i cant share links yet?)
Old 12-06-2015, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

i've been building a custom Sakura D4 short chassis, still a work in progress. Here is a shot with a rare Tamiya Honda S2000 body...

I'll post the chassis once i finish my build.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Usukani knuckles arrived. The quality is very very good... all the possible setup options make it worth every dollar.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by vlozity
The Usukani knuckles arrived. The quality is very very good... all the possible setup options make it worth every dollar.

How much were they and are they compatible with the AWD? I wonder if I should spring for these or the MST ones should I ever decide to convert my AWD to RWD.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Seanzky
How much were they and are they compatible with the AWD? I wonder if I should spring for these or the MST ones should I ever decide to convert my AWD to RWD.
i got mine for about USD$50. it came with both RWD and AWD parts, which are out drives for unis and a pin like one for RWD, bearings and bearing holder.

this are way better than MST, there are more setup options and there is no need to purchase parts since it contains everything you need.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:05 AM

i got mine for about USD$50. it came with both RWD and AWD parts, which are out drives for unis and a pin like one for RWD, bearings and bearing holder.

this are way better than MST, there are more setup options and there is no need to purchase parts since it contains everything you need.
Can I get a link, please?
Old 12-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Done some more tuning on my RWD. Turns out the stock setup for the Hacktronic ESC doesnt have any initial brake or drag break set. If you get one of these ESC's you need the program box.

I'm probably going to switch to MST arms/knuckles or the Uskani's

They are opening up a drift track in my city so it is nice to have someone who knows what they are doing look over my car.

I'm going to try to tune my springs and shocks before I tune anything else.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Seanzky
Can I get a link, please?
sorry, been busy. here is a facebook link... you can contact them to see who your local distro is...

https://www.facebook.com/usukani/?hc_location=ufi
Old 12-14-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

my Sakura D4s project, for tamiya short bodies 236mm wheelbase...

Old 12-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

my Sakura D4s project, for tamiya short bodies 236mm wheelbase...
That's awesome! Send me one of those so I can drift my volkswagen
Old 12-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derigor
That's awesome! Send me one of those so I can drift my volkswagen
it's for personal use. not sure if it is precise enough to run but will be testing her sometime 2016.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.