R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #61
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a question for you guys. I was originally planning on getting that new HPI RS4 Sport Flux, but have decided that I want to get a drift kit instead and build one from scratch.

I have HPI Sprint 2 Flux car which is collecting dust on the shelf with all electronics and everything. I was wondering if I would be able to swap all electronics and motor into Sakura D4 AWD?

The motor in my Flux is Vektor 5900KV. Thanks in advance
Michal006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:55 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

Hi all!
Just finished my D4 RWD and have a problem with steering and the problem is that it wont center after full lock.
I have OMG 7kg servo which came with the car and now it seems that theres something jamming the steering.
I already loosened those small set screws at ball joint shoulders as they were too tight but still it wont center.
Anyone else with the same problem?
Henkka77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #63
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post
Hi all!
Just finished my D4 RWD and have a problem with steering and the problem is that it wont center after full lock.
I have OMG 7kg servo which came with the car and now it seems that theres something jamming the steering.
I already loosened those small set screws at ball joint shoulders as they were too tight but still it wont center.
Anyone else with the same problem?
Try lowering your servo end points. I believe there exists a point of no return where if your servo pushes the steering too far it gets stuck/jammed. I have my epas down to 50-60% using the same servo as you.

Michael, You should be able to transplant your electronics no problem but I will have to say that that motor might be overkill for a drifter, plus I would prefer a sensored motor setup. It will work in the meantime though.

I have a 7.5t motor in mine and find I used about 10% of the throttle. I actually bought a 13.5 motor to put in it's place but I havent wired it up yet.
Derigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #64
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derigor View Post
Try lowering your servo end points. I believe there exists a point of no return where if your servo pushes the steering too far it gets stuck/jammed. I have my epas down to 50-60% using the same servo as you.
Ill give it a go. Thanks for the advice!
Henkka77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Where in the world did you get that?
>8 --- snip --- 8<
I am in the Philippines and there is a store that has them on stock, a choice of RWD or AWD for about $100.

I wonder if i can get a new tensioner too, but don't really need it anyways. Got my AWD kit back to help my friend out. I've decided to mod it as a short chassis for my Tamiya Honda S000 and Porche GT bodies. anyways here are pics of both...

as you guys can see in the pic, i've moded the RWD front suspension.

BTW, i will be finally getting my radio tomorrow, decided on an MT4. Hopefully i can find high cap short batteries too.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #66
Tech Rookie

Well, I installed 32mm turnbuckles into the upper arms and Yokomo DRB steering knuckles (the plastic ones). Now nothing rubs on the wheels when going full lock. I also switched to the 1 degree RR block. I thought there was a 0 degree block in the kit but either I am mistaken or I misplaced it.

Next problem though, I need longer turnbuckles for my steering linkages as I have just maxed out the stock ones and I still have too much toe out and not enough room to tune my ackerman angle

It handles so much better now. I'm sure once I get the ackerman dialed in it will be spot on... Then all other excuses will be my terrible driving.

I made a vid of a quick test run after the changes were made... buuuut I can't post links yet. If you are that curious you can go look it up on youtube
Old 10-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #67
Tech Addict

Anyone know if there'll be a full option AWD or RWD kit getting released from 3Racing?
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
ST - Losi 22T 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #68
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Anyone know if there'll be a full option AWD or RWD kit getting released from 3Racing?
Upgrades are trickling out, I'm sure they'll have it eventually. And there will likely be a full hopped up clone, as was the case with d3. Though the OEM d3 cf chassis is much nicer - better flex, and prettier.
Raincity Raji Kon - hit me up to drift in the 206/425 -- RWD W.U.N. Nervis 2.0, RWD dlike RE-R Hybrid, RWD Sakura D4, 50:50 StreetJam OTA-R31, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd, Subaru Brat Scaler, Emaxx dual brushed motors lol

WTT: my HPI MRS4 with exotex and more
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #69
Tech Rookie

I have the front end tuned much better.

I need some A drifts for the front and maybe need to start tuning the shocks. I think the rear is just too stiff.

Also I'm eyeing that slide rack steering system. Wonder if that is worth the dollars when it comes out. I'm not happy with the amount of slop in the steering as it sits right now.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:35 AM   #70
Tech Fanatic

finally completed the electronics, Speedpassion Reventon R... damn that pos, cant reprogram without removing the fans... wtf??? and the reventon is sensitive to 2 seconds reverse polarity... my old Nosram did a better job!

anways, I got a Sanwa MT4, Tekin RS + 13.5T Redline + Hotwire, Team Silverback 4200 lipo and she runs! just need to start tuning and then replace parts here and there. here is how she looks now...

next paydate... hopups!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #71
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derigor View Post
I have the same problem as Henkka77. What do you mean by lowering your servo end points. I have the AWD and I thought it was the servo saver's springs causing it to not reset after a full lock? If I slowly turn the wheels, I notice that everything starts to turn but not the servo's arm. That's why I was thinking it was the servo saver's springs?

My Sakura Zero S and my Sakura D4 AWD.

D4

Zero S and D4

Zero S
Seanzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #72
Tech Apprentice

I figured out what the end point adjustments was all about but my problem still persists. It doesn't actually get "stuck" on anything. After I do a full lock, and then let go, it just doesn't go back or reset. Are the servo savers with the kit supposed to be good or do you guys usually change them and run with something else?

UPDATE: Nope. I was wrong. It's not the servo saver. I tried another one and a servo arm with no springs and it's the same thing. Too much slop in the steering, maybe?

Last edited by Seanzky; 10-28-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #73
Tech Adept

I made a new hole on the upright to reduce the KPI. Now I get more contact on both front wheels as well as better steering lock. I had some spare turnbuckles laying around to tweak the arms as well. I am having a really fun time with this chassis!
Matty J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:20 AM   #74
Tech Apprentice

I wonder which one will be a more popular upgrade...

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=7307
or
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=7315
Old 10-29-2015, 05:27 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hi. I don't know anything about this car but it sure does look nice.

Regarding the upgrade, I'll go for the pink one but that's just me.

Just wondering, can this chassis be configured as a grip car?

Tags
3racing, d4 awd, d4 rwd, drift, sakura