3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts? >

3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

Like Tree1Likes

3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

Old 09-04-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

here is mine Sakura D4 AWD...

the kit has a little too much plastic, i would have paid more for a better quality kit... but the design is not that bad. the bulkheads would have been better if it was a harder compound. the manual lacks some important aspects like the options for the spool and planetary gear drive, i can't seem to change the tension on the rear belt.

The AWD being the more expensive of the two versions could have benefited if you guys included the RWD parts for more options. I compared the 2 kits last night and the RWD's steering is to die for. i wish now that i got the RWD instead... now i have to convert my AWD to RWD.

I am going to wait for the CF chassis and shock towers, also the alloy bulkhead upgrade before spending on electronics.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

3Racing is going to update the tensioner mount and include a washer (spacer) to prevent the belt from falling off the right side.
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?-11997477_965401213506076_2117744716_n.jpg  
Old 09-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

we don't need to wait for them to do that... we can just get a washer and stick that in ourselves. i was hoping something that looked like the alloy belt tension ring in the motor mount.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vlozity
we don't need to wait for them to do that... we can just get a washer and stick that in ourselves. i was hoping something that looked like the alloy belt tension ring in the motor mount.
Well like I said, they're also revising the tensioner mount.

I was also hoping for an alloy pulley.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Welp. My friends TT02 took my D4 out today. Snaped the plastic ball carrier on the front lower arm right where the little screw goes in. Can't find the screw and I feel like I am going to have a hard time finding another one to replace it with.

I also ordered some DRB front knuckles and I think I am going to lengthen the front upper arms so that I can get the wheels flat when turning. As it sits right now the front wheels rub or fail to get enough traction so the car just slides forward instead of following the front wheels.

I moved the battery to the back and slaped on some Tdrifts and it handles much much better.

My 7.5 motor on a 27 pinion is way too much power. I was thinking of getting a 13.5.
Right now I'm using like 10-20% throttle on the 7.5 anything more and the front wheels dont do anything.

If you haven't seen Afro RC is doing a build/mod guide on his youtube channel. He was having the same steering issues as me so I think I'm going to copy his setup and go from there.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derigor
Welp. My friends TT02 took my D4 out today. Snaped the plastic ball carrier on the front lower arm right where the little screw goes in. Can't find the screw and I feel like I am going to have a hard time finding another one to replace it with.
I think you can order those here...

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5610

My 7.5 motor on a 27 pinion is way too much power. I was thinking of getting a 13.5.
Right now I'm using like 10-20% throttle on the 7.5 anything more and the front wheels don't do anything.
i'm using a 13.5T but still need to complete my electronics. Was going for a 10.5T but you can get enough speed through proper gearing so decided on the 13.5T.

If you haven't seen Afro RC is doing a build/mod guide on his youtube channel. He was having the same steering issues as me so I think I'm going to copy his setup and go from there.
Been following that channel, i'll be trying his setup too.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

decided i did not want to go the CS route, never did even before which is why i stepped out of the hobby. anyways, I saw this D4 RWD on sale for about US$100 (pre-built with no manual and spares), so i grabbed it and rebuilt it. here are pics of the kit which i de-anodized...

I just need a new 2.4 radio and batteries, will get those on my next pay date.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Well, still waiting on my parts to come in. I broke a 4 dollar part so I ended up ordering 80 dollars with of stuff.

I ended up ordering a 13.5 motor since they were on sale to try out.
I didnt like the 33T plastic pully the kit came with. Mine looks a bit warped right out of the box so I ordered an aluminum one.

I also ordered the Yokomo DRB parts to try that Afro setup. I'm having the same problems as him so I figure why not. He just released another video and it seems to be drifting a lot better.

I've been eyeballing that slide rack steering setup, aluminum spool diff and the multi body mounts on the 3racing site. Just need them to come in stock.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

What gyros do you guys enjoy using for your RWD drift rigs?
Old 09-25-2015, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

i bought an Eagle Racing Piezo Gyro but have not tested it.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What does the kit come with

i want to buy one of those, but does the kit come with all the electronics? Like battery motor ect
Old 09-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by S13zach
i want to buy one of those, but does the kit come with all the electronics? Like battery motor ect
No, the kit is just the chassis. You'll need your own servo, ESC, motor, receiver, transmitter, and LiPo to get the car running. Throw in a bodyshell and you're golden.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vlozity
decided i did not want to go the CS route, never did even before which is why i stepped out of the hobby. anyways, I saw this D4 RWD on sale for about US$100 (pre-built with no manual and spares), so i grabbed it and rebuilt it. here are pics of the kit which i de-anodized...

I just need a new 2.4 radio and batteries, will get those on my next pay date.
Where in the world did you get that?

I received my new front belt tensioner mount. My belt no longer falls off of it.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Derigor
Well, still waiting on my parts to come in. I broke a 4 dollar part so I ended up ordering 80 dollars with of stuff.

I ended up ordering a 13.5 motor since they were on sale to try out.
I didnt like the 33T plastic pully the kit came with. Mine looks a bit warped right out of the box so I ordered an aluminum one.

I also ordered the Yokomo DRB parts to try that Afro setup. I'm having the same problems as him so I figure why not. He just released another video and it seems to be drifting a lot better.

I've been eyeballing that slide rack steering setup, aluminum spool diff and the multi body mounts on the 3racing site. Just need them to come in stock.

i had a similar predicament, but put together an alternative. the button head screws are m3 by the way. you could probably find various lengthed ones at a local bolt and screw dealer. the tiny 1.7mm ones that squeaze the cups arent nec on the bottom at least imo. they seem to hold just fine without. my tops i had too tight and were causing several issues for me until i figured it out and loosened them last night.

my kit initially came without the lower arm ball cups... picked up some m3-25mm screws, used 3 x 3mm m3 washers and a few extras from my axial scx10's shock stuff. i think they are 7mm spacers. they fit nice and snug and i used some open ball cups from the axial kit also. my 25mm were too long so i had a 3mm washer on the other side of the hole* (1 of the 3 i noted above). a 22mm button head with a total of about 13mm of spaces/washers should put you in the stock alignment range.

s139.photobucket.com/user/beaglemaster/media/Sakura%20D4%20RWD/IMG_4992.jpg.html

i cant post links or pics yet so copy and paste and you can see how i worked around my issue with the lower arms. i did finally get the replacements a month later...
Old 10-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Which is the correct one-way front diff for the D4? There is the SAK-D324/PK and then the V2 which is SAK-59/V2/PK. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.