GT10 Bodies at ROAR on-road nats >

GT10 Bodies at ROAR on-road nats

Like Tree1Likes

GT10 Bodies at ROAR on-road nats

Old 07-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Fred, as far as USGT, we have been running 200mm bodies since day one. It has worked fine, and in the midwest and East of the Mississippi in general, USGT has been one of the most popular classes. I think a lot of that has to do with the diversity of bodies, 190 or 200mm. We all remember the Stratus to Alpha to Mazda routine that went on, and it got old and boring. There is a lot of stuff out there that works, and I think part of the appeal is that you can run all kinds of fun bodies.
Part of the GT Spec appeal here in SoCal are bodies with a scale appearance, don't see how 205mm body could be regarded as scale in appearance, on a 190mm chassis, maybe I'm just picky that way ?
Old 07-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wingdings

Are Tamiya option wings legal? Last time I checked, most wings are about 20mm tall
Old 07-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Part of the GT Spec appeal here in SoCal are bodies with a scale appearance, don't see how 205mm body could be regarded as scale in appearance, on a 190mm chassis, maybe I'm just picky that way ?
Originally Posted by robk
Fred, as far as USGT, we have been running 200mm bodies since day one. It has worked fine, and in the midwest and East of the Mississippi in general, USGT has been one of the most popular classes. I think a lot of that has to do with the diversity of bodies, 190 or 200mm. We all remember the Stratus to Alpha to Mazda routine that went on, and it got old and boring. There is a lot of stuff out there that works, and I think part of the appeal is that you can run all kinds of fun bodies.
On the West Coast it has again become very popular. In fact it was the biggest class at the FredTech race last weekend. 190mm and 200mm bodies were all in the mix and they all looked great compared to the sedan bubble car parade.

Absolutely my personal preference is 190mm bodies but I have been known to run a 200mm. It doesn't look too hideous and out of scale to me....

Old 07-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
No problem-- grab the wrenches/shims/hub-offset-hexes/what-have-you, and widen her out.

I'm spoiled since I can easily adjust width on my cars with a hex driver. Other cars aren't as easy, but there's always a way. Or stick with a narrow body.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by howardcano
It appears that the 200mm bodies are what the class is all about (but narrower will also pass tech):

There are plenty of bodies from multiple manufacturers to choose from.
No problem-- grab the wrenches/shims/hub-offset-hexes/what-have-you, and widen her out.

I'm spoiled since I can easily adjust width on my cars with a hex driver. Other cars aren't as easy, but there's always a way. Or stick with a narrow body.
Hello Howard

Didn't know chassis width was open

Could you please point to the direction of ROAR GT10 rules, looked on the ROAR web site, but didn't see it

Thank You
Old 07-28-2015, 07:54 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

See This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you Howard for pointing out what I fear will be the next thing to create a wild wild west class structure. If some people are running wide bodies, why not let them widen their cars to 200MM right? From there, everyone will think they have to run 200mm to be competitive. Manufactures will start to create 200mm versions of their cars and so on. Wide hubs alone is not the right way. Your scrub angles get screwed up. "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

To Rob's point: I totally get the logic of the fun "run what cool bodies" are out there view. But I just want to point out the same thing happened with UF1 rules. Back then they allowed the FGX 190mm car only because it was a fun class and they didn't want to leave anyone out. Unfortunately, this led to the same thing. Everyone thought they needed to run 190mm cars and the manufactures that came after built their cars that way.

I'm only cautioning ROAR to cut the 200mm cord at some point because you're going to run into the same confusion that UF1 had to deal with 180mm VS. 190mm
Old 07-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
See This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you Howard for pointing out what I fear will be the next thing to create a wild wild west class structure. If some people are running wide bodies, why not let them widen their cars to 200MM right? From there, everyone will think they have to run 200mm to be competitive. Manufactures will start to create 200mm versions of their cars and so on. Wide hubs alone is not the right way. Your scrub angles get screwed up. "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

To Rob's point: I totally get the logic of the fun "run what cool bodies" are out there view. But I just want to point out the same thing happened with UF1 rules. Back then they allowed the FGX 190mm car only because it was a fun class and they didn't want to leave anyone out. Unfortunately, this led to the same thing. Everyone thought they needed to run 190mm cars and the manufactures that came after built their cars that way.

I'm only cautioning ROAR to cut the 200mm cord at some point because you're going to run into the same confusion that UF1 had to deal with 180mm VS. 190mm
These body rules have been used in USGT for the last 4 to 5 years and never once has there been mass hysteria about running 200mm cars. No manufacturer has made a 200mm car for this class or has any racer built a 200mm car for this class. Using a 200mm body on a 190mm car isnt as bad as you think. Reach out to the guys in Nor-Cal and see how the USGT class is working there they seem to be doing just fine under these rules. Im just saying there is life in RC north of San Fran and east of the mississippi, none of these concerns raised have never happened in actual racing under these body rules. IMO just its not as bad as you think it will be. But again maybe the fear of falling off into the ocean has left you guys on the left coast with a fear of everything. This is a fun class enjoy it.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well Kevin has laid most of it out. I don't really know of anyone running a 200mm car in USGT, at least anyone running up front, and we have been doing this for a few years now. That is including carpet, where widening the car would provide the maximum benefit.

Here's a bunch of Gt cars from the Southern nats, and there are 200mm bodies in there. They look good...

Old 07-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

4wd/Fwd allowed, but not Rwd ??? Most of the GT bodies are Rwd cars in the real world, so should they in the Rc world... I say disconnect all the front belts/driveshafts on all the cars that are Rwd in the real world(but no pan car chassis, only rear independent suspensions ), so we could have a fair representation of reality. All fwd bodies should run a fwd chassis setup too... 4wd bodies run 4wd chassis...etc...No spec tires, no fdr limit, No weight limit ..... Free Racing unlimited drive Tc 17.5t blinky....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 07-28-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Bumping myself...would like some clarification. Will this option be legal? They do make the most scale bodies in the market, I'd be a shame if we can't use their wings.

Originally Posted by rtypec
Are Tamiya option wings legal? Last time I checked, most wings are about 20mm tall
Old 07-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know anything about the controlled tires sc35-ex?
Old 07-29-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Bumping myself...would like some clarification. Will this option be legal? They do make the most scale bodies in the market, I'd be a shame if we can't use their wings.
The 10mm rule is for the wing thickness not the stand offs or how high your wing is mounted in the air. The rule in USGT was set in place based off Tamiya Optional wings for measurements.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There are other classes around the world called GT10, they ARE 200mm pan cars running GT bodies and have been using this name longer. The choice of name will be confusing.

http://www.brca.org/sites/www.brca.o...ist%20v4-6.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/BRCA.GT.NATIONALS
Old 07-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

What is the weight limit for this class

We run 1380g here, not sure what other regional GT series run ?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
There are other classes around the world called GT10, they ARE 200mm pan cars running GT bodies and have been using this name longer. The choice of name will be confusing.

http://www.brca.org/sites/www.brca.o...ist%20v4-6.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/BRCA.GT.NATIONALS
When did BRCA start using GT10? On the Facebook page it looks like their inaugural race and first mention was early 2011.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.