Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree230Likes

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Green Slime.....IŽve got it!!!.In the next shock revision iŽll put it.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barnacle
I ran mine this past weekend in 17.5 on outdoor asphalt (valkariarc.com for track pictures) and we run Team Powers 36 tires. Car is pretty good out of the box. I put Associated 35wt oil in the shocks and 2000wt in the rear diff. I made several changes including arm sweep but went back to the kit settings with silver springs front and back with none of the center posts installed and no ackerman shims. I was running a Blitz TSX body which is similar to an LTCR.

I put the car on the scales and with my electronics package it was pretty balanced side to side but the front to back balance was heavy by 2 ounces to the rear. I have mounted the battery to the rear so it lines up with the electronics.

I moved the 1mm shim to the front of the front arms shortening the front wheelbase and put it back on the scales. It was now only 1/2 ounce heavy to the rear with the TSX body on. It was now transferring more weight up front and this made the car just come alive during my last run. I could drive it as hard I was wanted to and it was pretty dialed in.

Running again in 2 weeks.
Try a gear-diff up front at Valkaria, w/1 million. I always seem to end up with that at the Valkaria track.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by midse
I've had my car since its release.
XRay plastics do appear to fit on the front at least. C hub and knuckle drop straight into the kit arm. If using and Xray arm then revised spacers will be required on the hinge pin. This way Race opt DCJ can be used with a gear diff up front.

Personally so far I had some chatter with a new shaft I installed but its no longer there after a race meeting.

I used silver springs at a very high grip track. The car generated a very distinct increase of mid corner traction. It had s very similar feel as my VBC d07 with ARS.

The kit ball cups do bind under full travel but this can be fixed with 10 minutes of work with a dremel or blade. Apparently conventional style 5mm alloy balls and cups will be supplied..

The kit can be trimmed down to 1350g very easily, the wheel bearings are great and are far more durable than conventional bearings.

I've had the car since it was released and have only just needed to re oil the shocks. I originally rebuilt them when I got the kit and green slimed the seals etc. One faulty c clip had popped of the shock shaft. It still drove awesome.
I'm looking forward to trying it out and testing changes at the Bendigo Classic and Nationals in Sydney.
Hi

The kit can be trimmed down to 1350 very easiliy......How do you do it?,Lighter battery and receptor?,titanium screws?

Mi MTS weighs 1.429 ready to run
-Lipo Nano Tech weighs 314gr
-Protoform dodge dart Body weighs 91gr

You can Help me?

Thanks!!!!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I have my car at around 1400 right now with only installing aluminum screws. You can run lighter electronics to get the rest
Old 01-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Where can the aluminum chassis be found ? Also has anyone ran the car on the new crc carpet, how does it do on the really high traction?
Old 01-24-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

You can get the aluminum chassis at dischargerc.com you have to use the search function and type the word aluminum and it will pop up.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Where can the aluminum chassis be found ? Also has anyone ran the car on the new crc carpet, how does it do on the really high traction?
Hi,

Yes, I only have one Aluminum chassis left at this point. Everything has been selling very fast, everyone who has this car cant say enough good things about it. I will have a new order coming in after Snowbirds.

As for the the CRC Carpet, we have not had too much feedback with regards to the MTS. However, a good bit of us are attending Snowbirds this week and the new carpet is being used. I will try to provide regular updates as to how we are making out.

If you need anything, please visit www.dischargerc.com.

Thank you,

Robert
Old 01-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DischargeRC
Hi,

Yes, I only have one Aluminum chassis left at this point. Everything has been selling very fast, everyone who has this car cant say enough good things about it. I will have a new order coming in after Snowbirds.

As for the the CRC Carpet, we have not had too much feedback with regards to the MTS. However, a good bit of us are attending Snowbirds this week and the new carpet is being used. I will try to provide regular updates as to how we are making out.

If you need anything, please visit www.dischargerc.com.

Thank you,

Robert
Thanks for the info Robert. I only get to run on-road a couple times a year and im looking for a touring car for the Prairie Knights race in North Dakota and the Mile High Indoor Champs in Denver so I'm trying to make sure the car will work well in high grip before I buy it. I'm really interested in this car for the fact that it has some pretty innovative features. I might wait to see how the car does at the Birds before I decide. Thanks for any feedback anyone has about how the car does on high grip.
Thanks
Ryan
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Thanks for the info Robert. I only get to run on-road a couple times a year and im looking for a touring car for the Prairie Knights race in North Dakota and the Mile High Indoor Champs in Denver so I'm trying to make sure the car will work well in high grip before I buy it. I'm really interested in this car for the fact that it has some pretty innovative features. I might wait to see how the car does at the Birds before I decide. Thanks for any feedback anyone has about how the car does on high grip.
Thanks
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

We appreciate the interest. As a sponsor of this years Snowbirds, Dischargerc.com is offering 10% off all orders using coupon code "Snowbirds 2016" at checkout. Also, to honor the price, I have allowed Back orders on the MTS T2 Kits and Aluminum chassis. So, even if we run out of stock on the Kit and Chassis, you will still get the discount. Offer is good for this week only.

We will provide updates this week.

Thank you,

Robert
Old 01-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Weight

Originally Posted by Olavarronsen
Hi

The kit can be trimmed down to 1350 very easiliy......How do you do it?,Lighter battery and receptor?,titanium screws?

You can Help me?

Thanks!!!!
Originally Posted by Olavarronsen
Hi

You can Help me?

Thanks!!!!
I've got mine at 1410 at the moment but that's with twin motor fans. 1 of them is a 40mm wtf and the other is a slightly heavier 30mm Team Powers alloy fan. I've also got a Team Powers X booster which weighs about 16g
. I'm running TP 6200mah lipo which weigh about 285g and Tp have just released a lighter 5800 mah 258g Lipo. . I have a full Ti and alloy screw/ nut kit fitted ( aside from the top deck system screws which are kit steel and a few others in the chassis. I'm going to trial Xray suspension which should save a few grams, especially if using rear alloy driveshafts and smaller bearings at the cost of durability. Quite a few grams could be shaved off too if the chassis is slotted for battery tape and the battery retaining system removed. As mentioned above Lighter electronics can be installed, neater/shorter wiring saves a few grams especially converting to 14awg motor and battery cable if running stock blinky. 4mm battery connectors are fine and lighter. We have a 1380g limit here and I ran the car at a carpet event and it was very close to that mark with the control foams.
For reference, I had a 1450g VBC D06 that I put on a diet and got down to 1350g( legal at the time) quite easily. I actually placed 3rd at an event with that car when it was heavy. I could have easily won with more consistent driving. The weight wasn't an issue, I probably would've crashed more if it was lighter as I was relatively new.

Weight balance is more important than reducing weight
Old 01-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

I should have mentioned my car is at 1400g with the aluminum chassis. Also running lightweight body.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Hi Midse

Thank you very much for de explanation.
I was obsessed with the weight of the car when I see others chassis who have to ballasting to reach the minimum allowed.(1350)
With your explanation i am very satisfied, I 'll put titanium screws and lighter battery at the moment

Jeff....the aluminum chassis is for carpet?,I'm curious how it goes in asphalt!!

Thanks Guys!!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

I wouldnt recommend the aluminum chassis on asphalt . This chassis is stiff when compared to other aluminum chassis on the market.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Snowbirds

Last week at Snowbirds was interesting. I was the sickest I think I have ever been, missed the whole first round of qualifying because of it. That put me in the back of the pack and was never able to recover. In USGT the car was great, but being in a lower qualifer hurt me due to traffic. In 17.5 and 13.5, I wasn't able to get out of the lower qualifiers. Being in Florida we do not get a whole lot of Carpet practice but feel we were getting to a happy place with the cars. Blake Ryan did great and was able to make the B-main in 13.5(with almost a box-stock setup) but ended there as he was not able to win and bump up to the A. Being as sick as I was I went home on Saturday after the B-mains. Sunday was not in the cards health-wise. All in all, I am happy with the car because we know it will work on this new carpet. We just need more guys to run it on the new Carpet to have more information.

That being said, anyone that is interested in running this car on Carpet, please give me a shout either on here or at [email protected]. We are interested in bringing a few guys on the team to help with testing on the New Carpet.

Now it is Time to get Ready for Asphalt Regionals and Asphalt Nats. In Florida we are all accustomed to the ashplat and the car has already proven itself outside on the tarmac.

We are going testing tomorrow at Valkaria R/C, I will post our setups when we get back.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DischargeRC
That being said, anyone that is interested in running this car on Carpet, please give me a shout either on here or at [email protected]. We are interested in bringing a few guys on the team to help with testing on the New Carpet.
Sent you an email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.