Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC new Pan Car Rubber Tires >

CRC new Pan Car Rubber Tires

CRC new Pan Car Rubber Tires

Old 07-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

One of the few. F1 has come and gone so many times over the years I've been in the hobby on both rubber and foam tires. But 1/12th has endured longer than any other class. Personally I don't like driving a poor handling car. To me race cars are better than that...otherwise might as well be driving street cars. Out here we go through rubber tires on F1 cars almost as fast as foams (well when we had a track). The hot asphalt and high speeds really wore tires out pretty quickly. I'm not saying rubber tires have to work as good as foam for it to work...but a lot closer than it currently is would get both the foam tire and rubber tire guys on-board.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

So I looked at the CRC website at these and I'm not understanding something. There is no picture of the tires yet but the rims look very much like a standard pan rim except thicker, my confusion is how would you glue rubber tires to a rim like this. TC or VTA type rims have groves arond the rim to hold and glue the tires, what is the trick to gluing these, anyone know?
Old 07-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
So I looked at the CRC website at these and I'm not understanding something. There is no picture of the tires yet but the rims look very much like a standard pan rim except thicker, my confusion is how would you glue rubber tires to a rim like this. TC or VTA type rims have groves arond the rim to hold and glue the tires, what is the trick to gluing these, anyone know?
Instructions on gluing F1 tires to Tamiya foam rims, which are similar:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1650

Hope this helps.