R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #76
Tech Adept
 
poeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Geelong, Australia
Posts: 186
Default

How tall can you gear these things?
__________________
Scott Pocock | Geelong Radio Control Car Club www.grccc.org.au
poeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #77
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MF-01X Onroad

Here's a video of my MF-01X on the tail end of it's first battery being driven by a friend of mine. The chassis is fun and shows a bit of promise.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.




rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #78
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeee View Post
How tall can you gear these things?
TL01 speed tuned gears fit and along with the aluminum motor mount, you can get a 24 tooth pinion to fit with room a few for more teeth.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #79
Tech Apprentice
 
IAmGreatDane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Here's a video of my MF-01X on the tail end of it's first battery being driven by a friend of mine. The chassis is fun and shows a bit of promise.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.




That is one HOT Mazda Miata. Love it!
__________________
Best Regards,

I Am GreatDane c'',)
IAmGreatDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #80
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 448
Default

Are those mini wheels or standard TC wheels? I know the truck versions use the rally blocks (standard TC size).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Here's a video of my MF-01X on the tail end of it's first battery being driven by a friend of mine. The chassis is fun and shows a bit of promise.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.




4roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #81
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Those are Sweep mini premounts. The tires on the car in the video are Tamiya 60D slicks.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #82
Tech Adept
 
howardshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Default

Just Bough and upload to share...





howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #83
Tech Adept
 
howardshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Default

One more...

howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:13 AM   #84
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 129
Default Anybody race their MF01X on carpet?

So, does anybody? And what tyres/setup do you have to calm down the grip roll. Mine is great when it doesn't have too much grip with a fluid diff up front but the springs are probably way off (kit fronts and medium rears off a regular TC). But once the track rubbers up it falls over all the time. Tyres are Pit Shimizu treaded medium rears and hard fronts without glued sidewalls. Traditionally I've never glued the sidewalls, I know the hardcore M-racers often swear by this, so wonder if it's worth investigating?
Mini35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #85
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,337
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeee View Post
How tall can you gear these things?
The answer you seek Mr Pocock, is on my FB page....
tony gray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #86
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 448
Default

MF01X or M06 for street bashing?

I already have a XV-01 (front mount motor 4wd) and a MST CMX for crawling/Trail driving ...

This chassis (after seeing that racing Utoobs video) has me thinking it would make a great track/street machine.

I know some people will never give up on the M05 (and variants) as the king of Mini chassis, but this one seems a little more versatile. Maybe not the lightest, but still competitive enough?
4roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #87
Tech Adept
 
howardshum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roller View Post
MF01X or M06 for street bashing?

I already have a XV-01 (front mount motor 4wd) and a MST CMX for crawling/Trail driving ...

This chassis (after seeing that racing Utoobs video) has me thinking it would make a great track/street machine.

I know some people will never give up on the M05 (and variants) as the king of Mini chassis, but this one seems a little more versatile. Maybe not the lightest, but still competitive enough?
yes, of course!
howardshum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:22 AM   #88
Tech Elite
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,271
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

rtypec- Wow! Looks fantastic. Nice choice in color too.

Take a thin sharpie and draw the parting lines for even more detail!!
If you mess up, just use some motor spray. It will come off cleanly.
__________________
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,203
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Selling an MF-01X that's practically a new built.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/974542-tamiya-58614-mf-01x-artr-w-hpi-bmw-2002-body.html

Throwing an HPI BMW the chassis did not come with original body. You can take it or leave it
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,203
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini35 View Post
So, does anybody? And what tyres/setup do you have to calm down the grip roll. Mine is great when it doesn't have too much grip with a fluid diff up front but the springs are probably way off (kit fronts and medium rears off a regular TC). But once the track rubbers up it falls over all the time. Tyres are Pit Shimizu treaded medium rears and hard fronts without glued sidewalls. Traditionally I've never glued the sidewalls, I know the hardcore M-racers often swear by this, so wonder if it's worth investigating?
Shimizu are awesome tyres. I run their low profile 55D slicks to less side wall.

The chassis high centre of gravity is probably the culprit on traction rolling. I never played with mine on carpet but see if you can get the ride height to about 4mm.

Front fluid diff, try 2.5 million to make it like a spool.

If you have a diff fluid rear diff, you also may want to go up to 5, 7 and maybe even 10k.

You're in unchartered waters so lots of trial and error
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:06 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net