R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

It's really rare that the CP motors go out of balance. If brushes are hard to get a hold of there you can order them from the US and most likely save on the price as well.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
I would have to say the Check Point motor is by far the best. The most power and most efficency, and brushes last a ton of runs! Its the least maintnece next to a brushless motor. Byfar i would have to say the Check point motor.
Josh
I think so too. I download the video it says 40 runs

However, I'm sure the true speed is not good after 12 runs, so must be lathe time. What do you think ?

What about comm wear ? and comm hardness ?

asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:37 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
I think so too. I download the video it says 40 runs

However, I'm sure the true speed is not good after 12 runs, so must be lathe time. What do you think ?

What about comm wear ? and comm hardness ?

Ok now this depends on what turn and what application you are using it in. If you are running a 12-13 turn in offroad then yes 40 runs is easy without losing any speed at all. In on-road say with a 7-8 turn motor you can get about 10-20 runs without touching the motor. After that many runs you might have to change the brushes but if you decide to cut the motor say every 5-7 runs then you just keep running the same brushes for about a total of 15-20 runs. Hope this is what your looking for.
Josh Numan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I love my checkpoint all round the best motor i have.
The Epic shock is good as well but sucks soldering and mounting a schotky on!!! I never liked the V2 I had nothing but problems with the capacitor tabs, brushes as well as soldering wires on.
subman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman
I love my checkpoint all round the best motor i have.
The Epic shock is good as well but sucks soldering and mounting a schotky on!!! I never liked the V2 I had nothing but problems with the capacitor tabs, brushes as well as soldering wires on.
Good point !
HKRCMODEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #21
Tech Master

I haven't run any of those motors before.But I'm a believer in the V2 design.Lets say its a give and take.

Lets hope that Orion will come out with a updated design from the feedback they get from their factory drivers and drivers over the world to come out a 'truely' user friendly motor....
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:42 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
I haven't run any of those motors before.But I'm a believer in the V2 design.Lets say its a give and take.

Lets hope that Orion will come out with a updated design from the feedback they get from their factory drivers and drivers over the world to come out a 'truely' user friendly motor....
yes V2 motor have new ver. endbell at long time , but customer can't buy !
HKRCMODEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:01 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdoc
asw....he is from hong kong
I think it is not related to his home town ... my 2 cents.
Sorry, off topic.
PS - I am also from HK and now working/living in Singapore.
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKRCMODEL
yes V2 motor have new ver. endbell at long time , but customer can't buy !
So is it some kind of new prototpye only the Factory Drivers are using??

Whats the difference to the current ones we are having??
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:10 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

so no one has used or knows much about the T6 then ?????
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 AM   #26
Tech Adept

HKRCMODEL/Leo

The Checkpoint brushes are still out of stock since Sept in H.K.?

I own the Yok T6, 8X2 & 7X2 and run with CS silver brush - Very user friendly in term of gearing the right ratio. I need not to worry the motor being overheat. The Arm wires are secure with kinda "Form" ring around the solder joints, it also have black expoxy fixed at the middle of the arm (in between the pole). It also build with a self cooling fan which I have problem to descript it.
No sure it is a fast motor (but I love it), as I noted from my recent holiday in HK, it is not a popular motor.

I ran a V2 8X1 recently, have to match spur/pinion combination to get right ratio to prevent motor from overheat. It is a fast motor. Very economical with brushes (as the CS/Reedy/CheckPoint Silver brushes are expensive). Can someone post the new revised V2 endbell?

Still yet to try my Checkpoint 7X2. No sure what is the major preformance differences between the 7X1 & 7X2 with the CP motor? The 7X1 are selling like hot cake in H.K. Anyone?

Last edited by MARKANO; 10-28-2005 at 02:07 AM.
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:11 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ben: There is nuthing that you can actually se thats different on the V2 motors and its nuthing new its stuff that orion has used since the motor came out a few years ago its just been hidden and denied a lot. All it is is the brush tube are smaller in diamitor so that they can run there special small brushes that they have, it gives the motor more power. So there nuthing new its just not many people know about it.
Markano: For the checkPoint 7x1 to 7x2 the only thing youll feelis that the 7x2 will be smoother off the corners and have just as much straight speed just a little loss on punch which is good in some situations.
And as for brushes im not sure what to say besides to try and order them from the U.S. sorry...
Josh Numan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Thanks Josh.
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 AM   #29
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Checkpoint motors use the exact same armature blank as a Ti or V2.....all three come from Sagami. They are no more likely to come out of balanced than another....

The Yok T6 is an old ass endbell Yokomo started using again.....We have used them and they pretty much do nothing.....except add weight.

www.teambrood.com , I stock pretty much every motor out there......don't have the checkpoint yet though, as they won't OEM it yet....

Later EddieO
Old 10-28-2005, 05:04 AM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Checkpoint motors use the exact same armature blank as a Ti or V2.....all three come from Sagami. They are no more likely to come out of balanced than another....

The Yok T6 is an old ass endbell Yokomo started using again.....We have used them and they pretty much do nothing.....except add weight.

www.teambrood.com , I stock pretty much every motor out there......don't have the checkpoint yet though, as they won't OEM it yet....

Later EddieO
Consider Team Brood motors into my shopping basket. I read brood website, those motors are actually re-tune and re-check

Btw, why Brood Pt and Ti endbell heatsink are black color, not chrome color like Reedy ? Are they the same size ?

Last edited by asw7576; 10-28-2005 at 06:34 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote