Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash 6s 125mph Crash *Graphic Video*

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Traxxas Slash 6s 125mph Crash *Graphic Video*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yXNU42VQnE
Fast forward to 3:05 for the crash very bad crash....

The operator had a very bad run this past Sunday and hit a parked truck in which one lipo battery was thrown from the car and caught fire under a truck on the opposite side of the street not in video. The car was wedged under the truck and unable to be removed that day and is still there unfortunately. The impact was so great it sounded like a shotgun blast. No persons were injured, but this is the cost of speed. There was one battery still trapped under the body shell and could not be removed.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Too bad the transmitter wasn't trashed. Driving on a public road. Got what he deserved.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Oh dear what a shame never mind...
Old 07-16-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On a public road with traffic and trucks parked on both sides? Got what he deserved. Luckily there were no innocent pedestrians to hit with flying parts. You really couldn't find any empty/abandoned parking lot somewhere?

And that was no where near 125 MPH. 55 tops.

That wasn't the cost of speed. That was the cost of stupidity. End of story.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Lm@o I knew that wasn't going to end well every time I test a car out if wants to find a solid objects.
I watched video of that 150+ rc car wreck at the Shafted Ca. Airport it hit the speed trap when the wheel came off. Almost hit the pitcrew. Going that fast with a RC car is scary even on a airport runway.
Good try anyway also going in and out of shadows does make it tougher to control next time on board cameras!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Relax it was on a industrial street with very light traffic on a Sunday afternoon. The truck was parked there, but wasn't the real reason for the crash the car became unstable in my opinion from the weight of the batteries on each side of the chassis.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal
Relax it was on a industrial street with very light traffic on a Sunday afternoon. The truck was parked there, but wasn't the real reason for the crash the car became unstable in my opinion from the weight of the batteries on each side of the chassis.
Your putting people's lives and property on the line no matter how you look at it. Hopefully that lipo battery you left wedged under the tire doesn't catch on fire and burn the truck down.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The horror of it all, graphic video, scheeech!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03
Your putting people's lives and property on the line no matter how you look at it. Hopefully that lipo battery you left wedged under the tire doesn't catch on fire and burn the truck down.
We have been running on this street for over 6 years and no one has died or any property damaged... I think we will be ok, and for the record this isn't my car.